Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 07:04 AM
RE: Random thoughts
(23-05-2017 04:39 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Summer's approaching, so time to trim my chest and back and shoulders. Hate wearing a sweater to the beach.

Laugh out load

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Wonder Woman's getting good reviews.

I'm extremely disappointed. No more bad movie nights with DC films. Angry Or, at the very least I need to wait longer.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
30-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Dogdamnit, I fucking hate online racists who use pseudoscience to try to back up their ignorant views, then get belligerent and accusatory when you call them out on it and point to the journal articles that show they're full of shit. Worse, this latest one has been cherry-picking from my replies to try to continue holding on to his nonsense, even though the overall picture is the exact opposite of what he's claiming the data say, and the journal article clearly states that such is the case.

Fucking racist tools. Dodgy

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-05-2017, 08:46 AM
(30-05-2017 08:11 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dogdamnit, I fucking hate online racists who use pseudoscience to try to back up their ignorant views, then get belligerent and accusatory when you call them out on it and point to the journal articles that show they're full of shit. Worse, this latest one has been cherry-picking from my replies to try to continue holding on to his nonsense, even though the overall picture is the exact opposite of what he's claiming the data say, and the journal article clearly states that such is the case.

Fucking racist tools. Dodgy

This is something where I consider that it's time well spent though. Answering some fool, not letting him say blatantly false stuff. He might never get it, but at least some impressionable person following the conversation will see that the guy's racism isn't supported by the facts, assuming that there are such. It's a good way to fight back against the authoritarian dickhead crowd. Show them for the fools they are.

A pseudoscience pusher is the worst kind, because they insidiously pretend to be rational, so answering those guys is even better.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-05-2017, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 09:39 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
A pet peeve of mine: when people ask other people what makes life worth living. I don't think this is productive because you're always going to get different answers from people, and people are very likely going to be completely different than you. Furthermore, I don't think anyone who has asked that question to other people has actually come to the conclusion that life is worth living, they've only done it through their own introspection. I don't believe anyone can tell anyone else what makes life worth living because other people have entire histories that make their lives worth living, that you do not have access to.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
30-05-2017, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 12:58 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Other pet peeve: when people say "it's obviously a parody". Donald Trump is president now. You don't get to say anything is obviously a parody anymore.

31-05-2017, 07:15 PM
When your listening to your religious family and your thoughts are.

"If Christians are so persecute, shouldn't the solution be be more Christ like to gain more members by showing them to be loving for their fellow man, rather than scream for more guns so you can shoot the threat?"

or

"Why is everyone is so ready to help people in natural disasters by sending money and food, yet all my church does is 'Pray for them'. And when asked if they could donate to help, they very firmly say 'no'?"

or

"Why is Republicans call for more prisons, more oil drilling places, yet when they want to build one near a place that is mostly Republicans, it's all of sudden not wanted?"

or

"Why is it called Political Correctness when you can't call a black guy a 'Nigger'. Yet when you call a Christian out for their beliefs it must be censored?"

These are just some of the thoughts that have come and gone from my mind that I can't seem to answer. Republic Americans confuse me.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 3 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
01-06-2017, 03:43 AM
(31-05-2017 07:15 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  These are just some of the thoughts that have come and gone from my mind that I can't seem to answer. Republic Americans confuse me.

When people think they and their group are superior to others, they typically have double standards and hypocrisy. It's a good sign they are not so much believers as opportunists. That's the default human condition.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
01-06-2017, 06:34 AM
A shiver of prophecy ranneth through me as I read...

- My happiness itself do I throw out into all places far and wide 'twixt orient, noontide, and occident, to see if many human fish will not learn to hug and tug at my happiness;—

Until, biting at my sharp hidden hooks, they have to come up unto MY height, the motleyest abyss-groundlings, to the wickedest of all fishers of men.

For THIS am I from the heart and from the beginning—drawing, hither-drawing, upward-drawing, upbringing; a drawer, a trainer, a training-master, who not in vain counselled himself once on a time: "Become what thou art!"

Thus may men now come UP to me; for as yet do I await the signs that it is time for my down-going; as yet do I not myself go down, as I must do, amongst men.

Therefore do I here wait, crafty and scornful upon high mountains, no impatient one, no patient one; rather one who hath even unlearnt patience, —because he no longer "suffereth."

For my fate giveth me time: it hath forgotten me perhaps? Or doth it sit behind a big stone and catch flies?

And verily, I am well-disposed to mine eternal fate, because it doth not hound and hurry me, but leaveth me time for merriment and mischief; so that I have to-day ascended this high mountain to catch fish.

-- Also sprach Zarathustra

Blink
No
Consider
Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-06-2017, 07:21 AM
You know how technology can make certain words obsolete? For instance, how many times have you said, "Oh, I can't forget to tape my show!" when you mean record? While there are a few stragglers perhaps still using VCRs or cassettes for music, basically digital technology has rendered the "tape" in this instance obsolete.

I was thinking this morning, will the word "book" follow this same death knell? How any times have you asked if someone has read any good books lately? Are they books anymore if you are using a Nook, Kindle or iPad? Will we be correcting ourselves in the future and say, "Have you read any good stories lately?"

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post