Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Random thoughts
all those Youtubers who start their vids with "It's ya boi ___ here", while making awkward hand gestures, those always make me chuckle.
You are not my damn boi, okay Sleepy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Sometimes when people ask me "do you have a good memory..." before they ask me about something that happened 6 months ago or whatever...

I used to like to tell them "...that I have great memory, my memory is so good I can even remember things that never even happened."

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
09-06-2017, 07:21 PM
(09-06-2017 02:27 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Sometimes when people ask me "do you have a good memory..." before they ask me about something that happened 6 months ago or whatever...

I used to like to tell them "...that I have great memory, my memory is so good I can even remember things that never even happened."

> That sounds like something Mark Twain would have said. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
12-06-2017, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 01:59 PM by Shai Hulud.)
John Oliver suggests Theresa May send Lord Buckethead to Brussels to negotiate with the EU. My first thought, "Sure a joke candidate posing as an interstellar overlord as a negotiator makes sense. This is the crazy world we live in now."

Edit: Second random thought, as expressed by a quick Paint pic I put together for Facebook:
[Image: BDIeRXd.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-06-2017, 02:31 PM
I wonder how many Christians won't eat Hellman's mayonnaise because of the name. Maybe they insist it's Satan jizz.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
12-06-2017, 02:58 PM
(12-06-2017 02:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I wonder how many Christians won't eat Hellman's mayonnaise because of the name. Maybe they insist it's Satan jizz.

I guarantee you somewhere, there are people who won't, because of the name... Facepalm When I worked in fast food and retail, people would always add (never put back) something when their total was $6.66.

12-06-2017, 03:17 PM
(12-06-2017 02:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I wonder how many Christians won't eat Hellman's mayonnaise because of the name. Maybe they insist it's Satan jizz.

I guarantee you somewhere, there are people who won't, because of the name... Facepalm When I worked in fast food and retail, people would always add (never put back) something when their total was $6.66.
I used to do that on purpose. There was a Boston Market near where I worked. If I ordered a certain combo with an extra side, the total was $6.66. (I was still religious but never put any stupid superstition in a number.) So of course I'd go there occasionally, order that, freak out the cashiers who would sometimes beg me to reconsider, and refuse.

Go in one day, and they raised the prices by a penny on that combo and the ones with the same price.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
12-06-2017, 04:57 PM
(12-06-2017 03:17 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I guarantee you somewhere, there are people who won't, because of the name... Facepalm When I worked in fast food and retail, people would always add (never put back) something when their total was $6.66.
I used to do that on purpose. There was a Boston Market near where I worked. If I ordered a certain combo with an extra side, the total was $6.66. (I was still religious but never put any stupid superstition in a number.) So of course I'd go there occasionally, order that, freak out the cashiers who would sometimes beg me to reconsider, and refuse.

Go in one day, and they raised the prices by a penny on that combo and the ones with the same price.

Oh that is hilarious real life trolling! Laugh out load Can see so many former coworkers who would be freaked out as your cashier.

12-06-2017, 06:58 PM
(12-06-2017 04:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh that is hilarious real life trolling! Laugh out load Can see so many former coworkers who would be freaked out as your cashier.

It was an uncanny ability to do that. I get that more often than most, it seems.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-06-2017, 08:43 PM
I hate it when the background audio track is louder than the dialogue audio track in some movies I watch at home. Fucking annoying as hell. Angry

Carry on.....
[+] 4 users Like TheBear's post