Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(25-06-2017 08:10 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  As of the other day, with a JTF2 "advisor" setting the newest record smashing all the others (props to some Daeshbag for being the target and therefore earning a participation trophy), 3 of the top 5 longest sniper shots are now held by Canadians Evil_monster
[Image: 06042017-u6.jpg]

I think it is just so fucking sad that anybody at all would praise a killer of this nature. No different than celebrating a suicide vest wearer for the number of babies he was able to wipe out.

I started typing out a long, drawn out response explaining my views on the necessity of violence within the context of the world as it is today and why it's not unreasonable to have greater appreciation for someone on your side who is skilled at violence than someone not on your side who is skilled at violence whatever the legitimate or arbitrary reason might be for having said sides in the first place, but then I was like Censored it we live in different bubbles and you're about as unlikely to understand my perspective as I am yours, so why bother writing shit that is going to fall on deaf ears when I can just go find a meme instead? Then for another brief second I was like "this would be the perfect time for a dead baby joke", but what little is left in me that's still domesticated was like "No, Yakherder, normal people won't appreciate your attempt at humorously pointing out that babies don't shoot back and are therefore too easy to kill to be worth praising, just stick with the meme idea."

To that end...

[Image: 63ac2706b941fbbb8756712da1cbd3b1b4a83c78...980c11.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2017, 10:05 PM
(25-06-2017 09:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 08:10 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I think it is just so fucking sad that anybody at all would praise a killer of this nature. No different than celebrating a suicide vest wearer for the number of babies he was able to wipe out.

I started typing out a long, drawn out response explaining my views on the necessity of violence within the context of the world as it is today and why it's not unreasonable to have greater appreciation for someone on your side who is skilled at violence than someone not on your side who is skilled at violence whatever the legitimate or arbitrary reason might be for having said sides in the first place, but then I was like Censored it we live in different bubbles and you're about as unlikely to understand my perspective as I am yours, so why bother writing shit that is going to fall on deaf ears when I can just go find a meme instead? Then for another brief second I was like "this would be the perfect time for a dead baby joke", but what little is left in me that's still domesticated was like "No, Yakherder, normal people won't appreciate your attempt at humorously pointing out that babies don't shoot back and are therefore too easy to kill to be worth praising, just stick with the meme idea."

To that end...

So you're just going to dismiss people who are against wars as "hippies"? Okay then.

25-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I could change that meme to "War crime apologists. War crime apologists everywhere!"

25-06-2017, 10:18 PM
(25-06-2017 10:05 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 09:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I started typing out a long, drawn out response explaining my views on the necessity of violence within the context of the world as it is today and why it's not unreasonable to have greater appreciation for someone on your side who is skilled at violence than someone not on your side who is skilled at violence whatever the legitimate or arbitrary reason might be for having said sides in the first place, but then I was like Censored it we live in different bubbles and you're about as unlikely to understand my perspective as I am yours, so why bother writing shit that is going to fall on deaf ears when I can just go find a meme instead? Then for another brief second I was like "this would be the perfect time for a dead baby joke", but what little is left in me that's still domesticated was like "No, Yakherder, normal people won't appreciate your attempt at humorously pointing out that babies don't shoot back and are therefore too easy to kill to be worth praising, just stick with the meme idea."

To that end...

So you're just going to dismiss people who are against wars as "hippies"? Okay then.

Yes.

'Murican Canadian
25-06-2017, 10:20 PM
(25-06-2017 10:07 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I could change that meme to "War crime apologists. War crime apologists everywhere!"

It's not a war crime to kill an ISIS combatant who is an active threat to coalition forces.

Though, even if it was, it still would have been a nice shot.

'Murican Canadian
25-06-2017, 10:23 PM
(25-06-2017 10:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:07 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I could change that meme to "War crime apologists. War crime apologists everywhere!"

It's not a war crime to kill an ISIS combatant who is an active threat to coalition forces.

Not saying it is. I'm saying if you support the military industrial complex as it currently is, you are in one way or another going to have to rationalize war crimes.

25-06-2017, 10:26 PM
(25-06-2017 10:23 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's not a war crime to kill an ISIS combatant who is an active threat to coalition forces.

Not saying it is. I'm saying if you support the military industrial complex as it currently is, you are in one way or another going to have to rationalize war crimes.

Yeah but that was a nice shot though right?

'Murican Canadian
25-06-2017, 10:26 PM
My random thought: I hate realizing I have to pee right after I'm all snug in my bed.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-06-2017, 10:28 PM
(25-06-2017 10:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My random thought: I hate realizing I have to pee right after I'm all snug in my bed.

There are solutions.
https://www.depend.com/womens-solutions/products

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Is it illogical of me to be really annoyed whenever there's a news story online about someone being a terrible person and someone pipes up to say "I'm against the death penalty, but...*thing indicating this person should get the death penalty*"?

That's just being for the death penalty while refusing to say it, isn't it? Wanting the death penalty only for terrible people who do terrible things is what supporters of the death penalty want ("terrible" being subjective, but still, that's the base, as far as I know).

I don't see many people saying things like "We need the death penalty to take care of all these loiterers".

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.