Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(25-06-2017 10:28 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My random thought: I hate realizing I have to pee right after I'm all snug in my bed.

There are solutions.
https://www.depend.com/womens-solutions/products

I wish I had those now 'cause I'm too lazy to walk across the hall Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Another random thought: My bf has the ac cranking. It's fucking freezing in here! I'm wrapped in a comforter and I'm using my cat as slippers. My cat purrs pretty loud when he's pretending to be slippers Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Those people who care about civilians being killed? Bah, they're just a bunch of hippies!

25-06-2017, 10:55 PM
(25-06-2017 10:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:23 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Not saying it is. I'm saying if you support the military industrial complex as it currently is, you are in one way or another going to have to rationalize war crimes.

Yeah but that was a nice shot though right?

I care more about scientific discoveries and those kinds of things.

25-06-2017, 10:56 PM
(25-06-2017 10:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah but that was a nice shot though right?

I care more about scientific discoveries and those kinds of things.

War tends to promote technological innovation.

'Murican Canadian
25-06-2017, 10:59 PM
(25-06-2017 10:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I care more about scientific discoveries and those kinds of things.

But we do not need war for technological innovation.

25-06-2017, 11:17 PM
(25-06-2017 06:43 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  After driving a long commute through rush hour traffic for 18 years, I certainly understand New York taxi drivers better.

Hobo

My dad was a taxi driver in NYC for a long time. He once told me I drive exactly like him. Friends who live in NYC acknowledged this.

Which is great and all, but the average North Carolina driver just calls me a "fucking insane driver." In my defense, I'm rarely late, and I've never been pulled over or gotten a ticket. Avoided a few collisions because I can drive like a maniac, though. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-06-2017, 11:31 PM
(25-06-2017 10:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I care more about scientific discoveries and those kinds of things.

"Unique and innovative ways to kill people give us better insight on how to improve the lives of people we're not killing." Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
26-06-2017, 06:18 AM
We should kill loiterers.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-06-2017, 06:34 AM
(25-06-2017 11:31 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 10:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  War tends to promote technological innovation.

"Unique and innovative ways to kill people give us better insight on how to improve the lives of people we're not killing." Thumbsup

Not just things for killing, though. Many of the things we rely on today, from air travel to microwaves to the internet, are rooted in technology that had vast amounts of funding poured into its development for military applications.

Competition to survive is a hell of a motivator. Having control of the scarce resources on which developing technology is dependent doesn't hurt either.

I'm not saying it's right. Morality is a pretty useless lense through which to judge the course the world takes, as it tends to change over the years to fit the perceived needs of a perpetually adapting population.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post