Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 03:48 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 11:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  When I was little, sometimes teachers would say in elementary school, "did you bring enough for everyone?" to discourage people from bringing in outside treats, or to make sure everyone got a treat.
Had a kid in my class who once pulled out some candy. Teacher tried that. She said she had. Took out a bag of candy. Teacher gave in, and we all had candy.

That kid is awesome! Big Grin

Other random thought, which sort of bubbled back up from talking with a friend the other day, Captain Planet would also get blasted by right wing media today, with its environmentalist message and many of the villains being greedy corporate types. Also, Linka, from the Soviet Union? Can't cooperate with them Commies! This isn't the joint Apollo-Soyuz missions! Wink Or Gaia, the spirit of the Earth, anyone else think there'd be a Joshua Fuerstein video? "Now the liberals are trying to push goddess worship in our cartoons! Christian, don't you allow them to do that!"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-07-2017, 04:16 AM
(03-07-2017 03:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Had a kid in my class who once pulled out some candy. Teacher tried that. She said she had. Took out a bag of candy. Teacher gave in, and we all had candy.

That kid is awesome! Big Grin

Other random thought, which sort of bubbled back up from talking with a friend the other day, Captain Planet would also get blasted by right wing media today, with its environmentalist message and many of the villains being greedy corporate types. Also, Linka, from the Soviet Union? Can't cooperate with them Commies! This isn't the joint Apollo-Soyuz missions! Wink Or Gaia, the spirit of the Earth, anyone else think there'd be a Joshua Fuerstein video? "Now the liberals are trying to push goddess worship in our cartoons! Christian, don't you allow them to do that!"
Captain Planet was AWESOME!

"Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero!"

Used to love me some Captain Planet as a kid.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
04-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Yes!! Same here. Smile In my course development workshop a couple of weeks ago, two of us sang the theme song one day when we were all discussing things we still enjoyed. Wink

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-07-2017, 08:24 AM
My aunt's scale says I'm back to my normal weight of 115 lbs.

04-07-2017, 08:40 AM
(04-07-2017 08:24 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  My aunt's scale says I'm back to my normal weight of 115 lbs.

Blink Somebody is fiddling with the calibration knob, or you are only 4 feet tall.
04-07-2017, 08:41 AM
(04-07-2017 08:40 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:24 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  My aunt's scale says I'm back to my normal weight of 115 lbs.

Blink Somebody is fiddling with the calibration knob, or you are only 4 feet tall.

I'm 5'9". Tongue

I've been underweight since after high school. At one point I weighed 108. Probably diet related. But I have a job now that requires a lot of physical activity so getting to a good weight would be difficult.

04-07-2017, 08:44 AM
(04-07-2017 08:41 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:40 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Blink Somebody is fiddling with the calibration knob, or you are only 4 feet tall.

I'm 5'9". Tongue

I've been underweight since after high school. At one point I weighed 108. Probably diet related.

You need some chocolate cupcakes. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
04-07-2017, 08:46 AM
(04-07-2017 08:44 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:41 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm 5'9". Tongue

I've been underweight since after high school. At one point I weighed 108. Probably diet related.

You need some chocolate cupcakes. Big Grin

You're right. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
04-07-2017, 08:55 AM
[Image: qeQ8RuR.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2017, 09:08 AM
(04-07-2017 08:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: qeQ8RuR.jpg]

If I can ever get my printer to work right again, this may have to be printed out and put on the fridge. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post