Random washing powder question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: Random washing powder question.
(25-07-2016 10:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 09:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yabut, depending on the manufacturer, they will voluntarily come into a retailer's store and take back expired product. Sam Adams beer is an example. You will likely never find an expired ("use before" date) bottle in a store. It is just good customer relations to ensure they get what they pay for. I guess if a company sells detergent that is primarily salt (yes, it is used in detergent; it is an excellent ionic surfactant- cheap as hell, but you get what you pay for), they may not be as scrupulous.

I have a Maytag front loading washer and use the high efficiency detergent. When I worked in Florida, I had to use the laundry facilities in the rentals. I had bought a dark blue sport shirt that became a kind of grayish color. When I was done with that task and returned home, I washed that shirt in the home washing machine, and it turned dark blue again, and the whitish sailboats were again clearly visible. I used liquid detergent while in Florida, but I'll lay long odds that most other people did not. That guck got into my clothes.

I once worked for a company that used to get complaints from customers that the product they purchased from a mom and pop shop was (and I'm not making this up) +15 year old. We sold the product to a company who then sold it to the mom and pop shop. Yes, for larger retailers, there was a guy who went into the stores to check up on the product, but that wasn't happening at every single retailer.

Disclaimer: Hardly a professional in this field. It was a summer job, but I learned a thing or two. Smile

That's pretty sketchy. Doesn't surprise me, though. Lots of people looking to skin somebody for some easy money.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply