Rangers Lead The Way! Hoo-ah!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Rangers Lead The Way! Hoo-ah!!
(25-08-2015 04:19 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Funny, the Norwegian army also had their first ever female spec ops graduates this year aswell.

In zee army, you need special training just to wear glasses... Tongue

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Not directly related, but I don't feel like making a new thread for it...

In a way, I think it's funny for some reason I can't quite explain. I did my monthly border hop to go to training in Vermont, and in light of recent developments, they told me they've got some Canadian Forces representatives coming down to have a meeting with them to discuss the logistics of eventually implementing females into our unit since Canada beat us to it by about a decade. I don't know why I find it so hysterical, but I was like seriously? You're bring down some Canadian experts on the female? At first I thought they were fucking with me, being the Canadian of the unit (even if only for a short time). Then when I realized they were serious, I volunteered to attend as the translator in case they drop an "eh?" or an "aboot" and nobody knows what they're talking about.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
12-09-2015, 10:58 PM
(12-09-2015 06:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not directly related, but I don't feel like making a new thread for it...

In a way, I think it's funny for some reason I can't quite explain. I did my monthly border hop to go to training in Vermont, and in light of recent developments, they told me they've got some Canadian Forces representatives coming down to have a meeting with them to discuss the logistics of eventually implementing females into our unit since Canada beat us to it by about a decade. I don't know why I find it so hysterical, but I was like seriously? You're bring down some Canadian experts on the female? At first I thought they were fucking with me, being the Canadian of the unit (even if only for a short time). Then when I realized they were serious, I volunteered to attend as the translator in case they drop an "eh?" or an "aboot" and nobody knows what they're talking about.

Have they considered Israeli advisers? Consider

[Image: IsraeliM16-500x517.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2015, 11:19 PM
(12-09-2015 10:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 06:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not directly related, but I don't feel like making a new thread for it...

Have they considered Israeli advisers? Consider

[Image: IsraeliM16-500x517.jpg]

I will never get tired of IDF girl pics Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-09-2015, 06:41 AM
American Air Force ladies are the best-looking military ladies I've ever seen, honestly - followed probably the French forces, or Italian. Never worked with IDF before.

If you're looking for an "expert" on women though, you're going to be disappointed. There has been very few (and quite possibly zero) men who I have ever met that I would say is an expert. DLJ might be the closest thing, and he pissed one off so bad he had to move to the other side of the world. Women might be able to tell you what you wanted to know, but I'd always be suspicious of ulterior motives every time that relayed the information. Big Grin

13-09-2015, 03:16 PM
I say congrats to these women. I doubt that I could earn a tab (any). I do believe there are women out there that can do this without special requirements or a drop in the standards. My first LT ever would take anyone to lunch that could beat her raw PT score. She was usually around 85 push-ups 90 sit ups and under 13 minutes on the 2 mile in Fort Carson (about 6200 feet above sea level). She had a sapper tab and was an all around hard worker with lots of common sense. If they can do it by the standards, hell, let them. I know I'm not up to it.

The more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects.
Nikola Tesla
[+] 2 users Like myownslave's post
13-09-2015, 07:11 PM
I thought this would be something about hockey...
13-09-2015, 07:48 PM
(13-09-2015 03:16 PM)myownslave Wrote:  I say congrats to these women. I doubt that I could earn a tab (any). I do believe there are women out there that can do this without special requirements or a drop in the standards. My first LT ever would take anyone to lunch that could beat her raw PT score. She was usually around 85 push-ups 90 sit ups and under 13 minutes on the 2 mile in Fort Carson (about 6200 feet above sea level). She had a sapper tab and was an all around hard worker with lots of common sense. If they can do it by the standards, hell, let them. I know I'm not up to it.

Sapper school is no joke.

We do have females go through mountain warfare, though not as often as the males. I wouldn't necessarily compare it to ranger or even sapper in terms of difficulty, but I will say this. Sometimes rangers get dropped out, and sometimes females pass.

'Murican Canadian
08-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Not directly on the subject, but close enough that I didn't want to make a new thread.

We just got our first female cavalry scout in our (until now) all male unit today. She exceeds the maximum possible score of 300 on the fitness test going by the male standards, so nobody can say shit lol.

'Murican Canadian
08-01-2016, 04:53 PM
(08-01-2016 04:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not directly on the subject, but close enough that I didn't want to make a new thread.

We just got our first female cavalry scout in our (until now) all male unit today. She exceeds the maximum possible score of 300 on the fitness test going by the male standards, so nobody can say shit lol.

Pics or it didn't happen. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user