Rant Corner For Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Rant Corner For Me
College man, it's been a pain right now, I got a rather hard ass professor that has me stressed as fuck.

For one thing I've been doing horrible on his past two quizzes, one I made a 50 on the other I made a 10 on. Not my best work, my mom just degrades me saying you have to 'study' to make it.

Thing is I was more so focused on his paper which was five pages and counted for half our grade that I never had time to study before it was too late. I had completely forgotten to study because I pushed it to the back of my mind to focus on the paper

On top of his paper I had a paper for another teacher due, both made me forgot about a power-point due in another class that I managed to get done rather nicely in time.

Now I have to study for another quiz in his class, and an exam, and the final exam and there is ANOTHER paper due in the class.

His excuse for all this is to make up prepared for a 'University'. Thing is not all of us are ready for universities, which is why we are in a Community College. Don't get me wrong he is a great teacher, but he seems to think we can devote out entire time outside of class to his class.

As usual, my mom is not helping, mostly telling me how lazy I am rather then actually devoting all of my time to class time to where I have no life what so ever when she's on facebook twenty-four-seven arguing about meaningless things that are 'against God'.

I feel so stressed and annoyed, luckily, before the last two quizzes I took, I had a solid C in his class, I'm hoping that hasn't changed.

I'm studying right now for his exam, on top of that I've got an email assignment due for another class, and three things due for his class alone. This isn't counting the five final exams coming up next week! Dodgy

Gosh I'm so scared of failing that class, my friend already knows she's going to fail. But I am stubborn, I NEVER like to fail, especially when I am grasping for success that just keep evading me.

I'm looking for some courage where I can't find it, and family isn't helping me, well save for my step dad but he's always helpful when he wants to be.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
04-12-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: Rant Corner For Me
I have a study tip that might help: If you have copies of the quizzes where you did poorly, sit down with a pad of paper and write out (in your own words) your understanding of the problem questions, and then look up and write down answers to these items.

For future exam prep, make a big list of 1- or 2-sentence facts regarding things you need to remember. If you have time, rewrite the list in a different order and with slightly different wording.

I used this technique when I was struggling with an elective course for my MCSE studies in 1997, and not only passed the problem course on the next try but got a +90% score on another course I had to take in the meantime. The trick is that you mix stuff up and put it into your own words, which seems to make it stick better.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2017, 12:06 PM
RE: Rant Corner For Me
What is the class on?

If it makes you feel better I put my FAFSA grants in jeopardy by completely failing to show up to a math class I couldn't understand and instead binge watched Dr. Who on Netflix...and I graduated with honors. So your determination will only do you good so keep pushing.

I also second the "putting stuff into your own words" idea. That's how I managed to get through my last math class, and even then that was by the grace of the professor who saw I was legitimately struggling with everything by the time the last exam fell.

If you weep at the loss of the sun, then your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
Find all posts by this user