Rant on overly religious friends

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Rant on overly religious friends
Quote:Is there even a way to save this friendship?

No. And why would you want to? She's sounds like a manipulative control freak.

You don't need her or her religion.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 02:00 AM
"The dice giveth and the dice taketh away" - Dr Sheldon Cooper (On TV's "The Big Bang Theory") (season 5 episode 4 "The Wiggly Finger Catalyst")

Sort of a shot at religion - and how it's practitioners use it as a guide to life - in which the user doesn't have to take charge of their own life - but simply uses the religion (or dice) to make all your life's decisions.......

You might suggest your friend watch the above mentioned show....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-03-2015, 05:32 AM
Rant on overly religious friends
I'll be honest: my first thought was to tell you to cut ties to her. Her beliefs don't have room for anyone to not believe what she does. She's never going to agree, but she may tolerate.

Unfortunately that's not always easy. You have a history. Of she always brings up religion you need to distance yourself. Maybe she'll realize that there's more to friendship than that. If she doesn't, that chapter is over. Don't worry, it's the same book.

The fact that she said she has to pray over it throws a red flag. Why not just say she'll think about it?

I'm sorry to say this, but you may have lost a friend. But you'll be fine.
11-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Over the past 20 or so years, there are a number of people I was one really close with whom I now have no contact with. It's not over any actual reason, either. There was no fight or anything. Life just happens like that. People get older, get married, move away, or grow in different directions. I have one friend left from college and one left from law school. All my other friends I've met more recently. I talk to no one from high school. Again, I'm not angry with anyone, that's just how life goes.

I think you will find that as time goes on, you will leave more of the people from your past behind and replace them with new people. I wouldn't worry about it, it's normal. And, a person who thinks you are so horrible you will be tortured for all eternity isn't really your friend.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post