Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-01-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-01-2012 09:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 08:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Arkham city. Luckily I wasn't very far, but apparently it's a common glitch for the 360 version. The age of downloading and Internet connectivity has had a negative impact on gaming so far as in concerned. Yes there are benefits but I have issue with the idea that a company is allowed to release a game all glitched up because the buyer can just download patches later.
Also annoyed that half a game is unplayable without having online connectivity. Online co op only are you fucking kidding me? A fps without local multiplayer? What's happened to te world? I want to play games with my wife. Not your wife.
And why ain't catwoman playable unless I download more? I can't get 100% completion without paying more? Fuck you awesome game!!!

Ive been lucky ive not had that problem since my ps2 days.

You sound like me. The whole online thing is killing gaming, It gives companys an excuse to make half arsed games, To put very little effort into single player and make a not great multiplayer which requires no real effort.

I cant think of any other industry that can so constantly rip off their customers with shoddy half finished products, then having the cheek to say "we have this great dlc for you, only 1200 ms points for something we took out the game before launch".

Its the equivelent of buying a car only to be told "it turns out theres a glitch where we forgot to install breaks and headlights, also if you would like use of the headlights then you need to buy the product brand new and buy the engine later as an add on when its released".

I agree in principle, that you peeps raise a legitimate concern; I cannot agree that it is an "absolute." That online updating is "plain evil." My game of the moment is Mass Effect 2, got it used for $18. The top two saves indicate more than seventy hours have been spent aboard the Normandy. Here's a game from 2009 - and it still has glitches - but it is romp 'em stomp 'em...

To make a game like ME; it is a vast production effort. ME 3 comes out in March. If it is bugsville central I may be more unforgiving, but right now I don't think it's all evil; that it is more like production quality being a final beta test. That the alternative would be games that work but that are more like Tetris than the epic sweep of something like Mass Effect.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2012, 11:56 PM
So far as glitches are concerned I'm a pretty forgiving guy. Games are a pretty massive undertaking these days. Even if they are all pretty much the same game (GEars anyone?) it's just the big ones I have a hard time swallowing.
Arkhams save deletion is Pretty big. If I wasn't really hooked by the rest of the game I'd have actually returned it. I was still tempted because of the. Catwoman thing which to me is a big old slap in the face to the same people who buy these games. No I didn't buy it new and yes if I'd have bought it new I'd have gotten catwoman with purchase. But she was advertised as being in game so she should be. She's included as part of the 100% completion. So that's a pile of horseshit. Especially because I'll probably buy her. And then promptly have my save file deleted....

Then again I'm probably being a huge baby. Honestly I've got bigger things I could rant about than some stupid (awesome) videogame. If only the little things didn't bother me so...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
22-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Isn't that what adulthood is? Being a huge baby? Angel

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I remember thinking morality was something you caught by listening to the 700 Club; if Jerry Falwell is entertainment, then making others miserable must be the day job. Morality could only be something like - you're wrong, and god said! - everything else must have been covered in two thousand years of sermonizing absolute morality...

Then I went to church and witnessed what many atheists must. "Evil" is the cackling consensus of the self-identified collective identity of hens pointing fingers... err, wingtips. If one has a degree of empathy, one can feel them; feeding off of the reference of self by the collective identity through simulation of evil that only the hen-hive can righteously identify...

The real thing, as in having moral certainty to stand fast against another's assumption of righteousness; is orders of magnitude beyond simulated set-ups in terms of power and feedback. the standard issue human component got the standard thrill of power, the non-standard I love my Gwynnies was thoroughly disgusted; like bathing in stale autopsy. One experiment makes enough of an experimental run when the resulting data is effectively pandemic.

This churchgoing hen-picking is effectively pigs wallowing in shit / effectively certified "good" by the common context of ethical standard... Jerry Falwell gets to be dead with a possibility of being plant life; I get a fate worse than life by doing the job ol' Jerry did not; fame and fortune for the Falwell. Failure frequented for me; an occasional slime bath, an increasing sense of infamy, waves of absolute futility...

Ranting cause the fucking payee promised that the check is in the mail; after the proceeding testimony of "just doing my job; there's all kinds of new federal regulations in accounting" was falsified with "I love my Gwynnies." No head games, no clicking the headset to simulate interference; a respectful tone and a have a nice day.

Moral victory over the phone. Money in my pocket left over from last time. Product in the glass dick. A sack full of egg mcmuffin... yawn. If there ain't no wrong for "I love my Gwynnies" to make right; there ain't really no point... excepting of course yammering about me and my Gwynnies on atheist forums unti lI become thoroughly sick of myself. Like now. C-ya.

And no matter how bad it gets, just remember; you ain't me. Tongue

living word
25-01-2012, 03:18 PM
I hate lucradis' new avatar!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
25-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Should have whispered that. Now the baby is aware of you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
25-01-2012, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 09:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
Jim Morrison channeling me. ... just ranting.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-01-2012, 11:20 PM
(25-01-2012 06:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Should have whispered that. Now the baby is aware of you.

run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

Seriously creepy dude, like seriously...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Bloody typical there was a solar storm meaning the aurora Borealis can be seen as far south as where I live and its been cloudy all fucking week, until tonight when the storm is dying down. Meaning I didn't get to see it AGAIN!

This happens every time it can be seen here Angry.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
27-01-2012, 12:33 AM
(26-01-2012 04:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Bloody typical there was a solar storm meaning the aurora Borealis can be seen as far south as where I live and its been cloudy all fucking week, until tonight when the storm is dying down. Meaning I didn't get to see it AGAIN!

This happens every time it can be seen here Angry.

Gee, all I can see here is meth heads. Wanna trade? Angel

living word