Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-05-2014, 05:07 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-05-2014 04:21 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 12:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I got given some card thing the other day when I was in town. I just pulled it out of my pocket and saw what it is...

"Are you created or evolved?"
"check it out: creation.com/coe"
"evolutionthelie.com"
"www.questionsoflife.com"

Damn I wish I read it in town so I could argue with that old man that gave it to me...
Talk about missed opportunity.

Idiots live where you live too eh?

If by you mean I live on planet Earth, yes, yes there is.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 05:08 AM
(30-05-2014 12:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 12:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why can't all people in customer service and call center customer service be as nice and friendly as banks? It's always so easy and friendly when talking to the bank, you feel like they actually want to help you and not just get your call over and done with to get on to the next person.
Pisses me off everyone else can't be like that, I'm old, I aint got time for shitty customer service.

What mythical fairyland bank are you with? My bunch act like I'm trying to steal my own money.

There's like a thousand banks here and so few customers and people here aren't afraid to jump ship, so they act nice because they need to keep your business.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-05-2014, 09:51 AM
So my friend has decided she knows better than my OB-GYN and thinks I'm crazy for listening to him and is lecturing me on how I should listen to her instead.

I surely shouldnt trust his years of experience and hard earned education. *chuckle*
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-05-2014, 10:04 AM
(30-05-2014 09:51 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So my friend has decided she knows better than my OB-GYN and thinks I'm crazy for listening to him and is lecturing me on how I should listen to her instead.

I surely shouldnt trust his years of experience and hard earned education. *chuckle*

It's amazing it has taken this long.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
30-05-2014, 10:04 AM
(30-05-2014 09:51 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So my friend has decided she knows better than my OB-GYN and thinks I'm crazy for listening to him and is lecturing me on how I should listen to her instead.

Ask her to write a note for you to bring to your doctor. Have her write one for your insurance company also... they might have a special code for "friend referral". Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-05-2014, 10:08 AM
(30-05-2014 10:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

It's amazing it has taken this long.

Oh Ive been getting varying degrees of this from different people who all know better than me (apparently) about pregnancy and babies since I first got pregnant. This one just made me laugh.
30-05-2014, 10:09 AM
(30-05-2014 10:04 AM)kim Wrote:  

Ask her to write a note for you to bring to your doctor. Have her write one for your insurance company also... they might have a special code for "friend referral". Wink

Ha! Yes!

Me: I need the "my friend is smarter than all of you" code please.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-05-2014, 10:20 AM
(29-05-2014 03:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I live on a toe of a forest area. Last night, while having a smoke on my deck, I heard something running in the space behind my house.

I quietly closed the sliding door, as to not arouse suspicion in my dog, who was asleep on the sofa and is used to my comings and goings.

So I'm on the deck, and was enjoying the quiet moment, when I heard something running (scurrying?) and something unseen but probably larger in pursuit. Those sounds we're followed by the most mournful, yet awful bone-chilling shrieking and I'm not exaggerating but the sound of bone being snapped.

It was nervewracking, horrifying and completely dark.

Needless to say, I thumped the smoke out early and returned inside. The noise so loud penetrating the room through the thick glass and over the sound of Echos being played on the stereo. The dog was now wide awake, unsettled, nervously pacing and positioning himself between myself and the door.

There are people we know who think it must be wonderful living out where we do, furry woodland creatures running about; but they haven't heard the dark side. Nature is really cruel.

The only thing I've encountered more terrifying sounding was a owl screeching at 2am.

We're wired to have that sort of thing upset us.

Think "night, ape, leopard, ..." Gasp

Yup, wired for it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-05-2014, 10:28 AM
(30-05-2014 10:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 03:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The only thing I've encountered more terrifying sounding was a owl screeching at 2am.
We're wired to have that sort of thing upset us.

Wired schmired.
My neighbors are annoying assholes and... so are the constant train whistles. Earplugs; I love them. It's the 21century for fucks sake; adapt already. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-05-2014, 11:13 AM
(30-05-2014 10:28 AM)kim Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 10:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  We're wired to have that sort of thing upset us.

Wired schmired.
My neighbors are annoying assholes and... so are the constant train whistles. Earplugs; I love them. It's the 21century for fucks sake; adapt already. Drinking Beverage

Huh

I was talking about being upset by the night kill. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user