Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-09-2012, 12:45 AM
RE: Ranting corner
My rant: My dad came by to "visit" me and my wife. My mom took my wife out to hang out and have a girls day out. My dad conveniently stayed behind to try and convince me that I was a selfish person for being an atheist and that it makes me rude for not having a problem with there being no afterlife. I was a bit caught off guard by this because they've been pretty cool about stuff lately. I think more than anything, it bothers him that I'm comfortable with where I'm at in how I see the world and he is afraid of death like crazy after his heart attack.

"Well people need hope" he said... and I said people can have that without religion. The conversation ended up "So that's it... there's no convincing you... I mean, I don't want to force my beliefs on you. But you're missing out on a lot." and I just said... "That's it. Yes, I'm an atheist. I'm not going to change my stance on things just because it makes you uncomfortable, I can't do that. I am who I am. I hope you can accept that."

So frustrating. My mom apparently talked to my wife about it too, only to be shocked that she said the same thing... that she is too haha.

I'm not sure what bothers them more.. the fact that I simply don't see things the same as them? Or that I am COMFORTABLE with the fact that I don't and am ridiculously happy in my life without it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Logisch's post
04-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Fucking crazy job, damn school kids, bloody new school year, bitch ass tickets...

I'm going slightly mad...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-09-2012, 07:19 AM
This has to be by far my favorite thread. Know why? Because I'm a teenage girl and I obviously have a lot to rant about but I'm not going to be annoying by posting tens of billions of separate threadies about HOW I CAN'T TALK TO BOYS HOLY CRAP ARE THEY MACHINES HOW DO YOU COMPREHEND THEM HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO LIKE YOU DO YOU HAVE TO KNOW MAGIC TRICKS OR

I just want someone to eat food, get diabetes, watching James and the Giant Peach and play xbox with.
Weeping

Okay. Calm down Ferdy. Feelings are gay. Don't be such a girl. Cool
04-09-2012, 09:58 AM
(04-09-2012 07:19 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  This has to be by far my favorite thread. Know why? Because I'm a teenage girl and I obviously have a lot to rant about but I'm not going to be annoying by posting tens of billions of separate threadies about HOW I CAN'T TALK TO BOYS HOLY CRAP ARE THEY MACHINES HOW DO YOU COMPREHEND THEM HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO LIKE YOU DO YOU HAVE TO KNOW MAGIC TRICKS OR

I just want someone to eat food, get diabetes, watching James and the Giant Peach and play xbox with.
Weeping

I bet if you changed it to James Bond, you'd get more takers. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-09-2012, 10:30 AM
(04-09-2012 07:19 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  This has to be by far my favorite thread. Know why? Because I'm a teenage girl and I obviously have a lot to rant about but I'm not going to be annoying by posting tens of billions of separate threadies about HOW I CAN'T TALK TO BOYS HOLY CRAP ARE THEY MACHINES HOW DO YOU COMPREHEND THEM HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO LIKE YOU DO YOU HAVE TO KNOW MAGIC TRICKS OR

Weeping

Oh the woo's of the teenage girl.

Sister take a seat, I'm gonna let you in on a few secrets.
Listen and learn from the master, I understand the female and I understand the male so I shall guide the next generation in the ways of social interaction and understatement. After all, the next generation NEED my guidance.

Understanding the teenage guy by Earmuffs:

[Image: xbox3601.jpg]

Learn it, love it.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Thumbs Down RE: Ranting corner
I COULD REALLY USE A SHOULDER TO CRY ON. SOMEONE BE MY MENTOR ON HOW TO GET THROUGH THIS SHIT?
Pm me, please.

Sad

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
(04-09-2012 11:19 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I COULD REALLY USE A SHOULDER TO CRY ON. SOMEONE BE MY MENTOR ON HOW TO GET THROUGH THIS SHIT?
Pm me, please.

Sad

PM me if you want Great Uncle Chas to give you tough advice.
However, it would probably be better if one of the experienced, thoughtful, intelligent women here could step up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Weeping

I can play xbox, and I loved James and the Giant Peach. Unfortunetly, I probably live no where near you. Tough break, we might have had something special.Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
05-09-2012, 02:08 AM
I am extremely pissed off right now I could punch a granny in the face.
Just read the most infuriating news article.

I'll make a thread about it later.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-09-2012, 02:18 PM
(05-09-2012 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I am extremely pissed off right now I could punch a granny in the face.

LOL! Holy crap that was funny.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post