Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-06-2014 10:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  SON OF A BITCH!!

I just bit my (swollen) inner cheek and in doing so forced a lot of pressure down on my burgeoning rear molar.
Hurt a fuck tonne!

As if I don't already have enough trouble focusing on my work! I have four essays I need to write and familiarise myself with for tomorrow and I am having a remarkably hard time focusing right now.
And that is not even getting into any of my proper school work or my own private study project.
Dayum boi,you are young yet your body is as broken as KC's

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 10:42 PM
(04-06-2014 10:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hurt a fuck tonne!

Metric.

cjlr approves.

Yes

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 10:55 PM
I hate it when people say "I am a little OCD about some things". It has made its way into common speech as a shorthand for "mild anal retentiveness". It is usually regarded as cute, or an endearing personality trait; another way to talk about ones idiosyncrasies and eccentricities. It such a quant and meaningless sentiment, a casual throw away in conversation between two friends along with the weather and plans for the weekend.

OCD is actually a debilitating psychological and neurological disorder. For the people who are actually OCD there is nothing cute or quaint about the disease at all. Nobody uses other serious psychological disorders as a lazy and uninventive way to talk about themselves; nobody is a little bit "manic depressive", or just a touch "schizophrenic", or "a little autistic" about some things. That would be weird and above all really fucking insensitive.
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
04-06-2014, 11:16 PM
(04-06-2014 10:36 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 10:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  SON OF A BITCH!!

I just bit my (swollen) inner cheek and in doing so forced a lot of pressure down on my burgeoning rear molar.
Hurt a fuck tonne!

As if I don't already have enough trouble focusing on my work! I have four essays I need to write and familiarise myself with for tomorrow and I am having a remarkably hard time focusing right now.
And that is not even getting into any of my proper school work or my own private study project.
Dayum boi, you are young yet your body is as broken as KC's

My? Young? I have never been young. I've been a cynical, crotchety old man for as long as I can remember.

But yeah, here's a count: My left arm is damn-near fucked, my right knee is bad, my eyes are bad, my ears aren't great and my back is bad.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
05-06-2014, 03:29 AM
(04-06-2014 11:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 10:36 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Dayum boi, you are young yet your body is as broken as KC's

My? Young? I have never been young. I've been a cynical, crotchety old man for as long as I can remember.

But yeah, here's a count: My left arm is damn-near fucked, my right knee is bad, my eyes are bad, my ears aren't great and my back is bad.

how many years ago did you come out of your mom's veejayjay?

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
05-06-2014, 03:41 AM
(05-06-2014 03:29 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  My? Young? I have never been young. I've been a cynical, crotchety old man for as long as I can remember.

how many years ago did you come out of your mom's veejayjay?

18 years.

I can recount all of my issues:
I managed to inflict an avulsion fracture to my lower-left humerus. While this is a superficial injury, the bone have never seemed to weld together properly. Additionally, it too three-odd weeks for the doctors to figure out something was wrong with my arm, so I went a long time without any real movement of my arm or hand leaving it quite weak and easy to tire or injure compared to my right. Wouldn't surprise me if I have some slight nerve damage as well.
I injured my knee in Year 3 while playing school football; if I do too much extraneous stuff like running or jumping, my knee will begin to falter.
My eyes are the result of a genetic defect leading to my having the condition known as Progressive/Degenerative Myopia; my eyes are constantly, slowly degrading.
My hearing is probably below what it should be, and I have nasty tinnitus (yet to be confirmed by a doc) too. Likely started when I was present to hear an F111 go super sonic without ear protection. Gets worse when I get stressed too.
My back is the result of years of poor posture.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
05-06-2014, 11:54 AM
The pool is open and I dont think my bathing suit will fit Sad

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
05-06-2014, 12:04 PM
(05-06-2014 03:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 03:29 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  how many years ago did you come out of your mom's veejayjay?

18 years.

I can recount all of my issues:
I managed to inflict an avulsion fracture to my lower-left humerus. While this is a superficial injury, the bone have never seemed to weld together properly. Additionally, it too three-odd weeks for the doctors to figure out something was wrong with my arm, so I went a long time without any real movement of my arm or hand leaving it quite weak and easy to tire or injure compared to my right. Wouldn't surprise me if I have some slight nerve damage as well.
I injured my knee in Year 3 while playing school football; if I do too much extraneous stuff like running or jumping, my knee will begin to falter.
My eyes are the result of a genetic defect leading to my having the condition known as Progressive/Degenerative Myopia; my eyes are constantly, slowly degrading.
My hearing is probably below what it should be, and I have nasty tinnitus (yet to be confirmed by a doc) too. Likely started when I was present to hear an F111 go super sonic without ear protection. Gets worse when I get stressed too.
My back is the result of years of poor posture.

jeez man,that's a lot of health issues.
I can relate to eye degradation,4 years ago i saw just fine w/o glassess,and now i'm blind as a bat w/o them.
And i have to rephrase "what did you say,i didn't hear you" for give or take 4 times before i hear it correctly.
And i have to watch my posture,as the doctor said my current posture will get me issuess sooner than later.

Shrug

05-06-2014, 12:42 PM
(05-06-2014 11:54 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The pool is open and I dont think my bathing suit will fit Sad

Shouldn't that be in the "first world problem" thread? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2014, 12:45 PM
(05-06-2014 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 11:54 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The pool is open and I dont think my bathing suit will fit Sad

Shouldn't that be in the "first world problem" thread? Consider

It could go there. But its a rant too. Short one.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard