Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-06-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-06-2014 02:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:38 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!! SO APPRENTLY I MISSED TWO GENERA OF A FAMILY IN PROBOSCIDEA THAT I FINISHED. WORST PART I JUST GOT DONE WITH THE EXTANT ELEPHANTS AND I COULD HAVE MOVED ON TWO ANATOMY!!!! FUCK MY LIFE!!!!1

Cry about it.

I don't cry I just get more pissed off.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 06:57 PM
People are praying...FB again. Seems they are a tiny bit late with the prayers...not like they would have done any good in the first place.

My older daughter's uncle lost his home last night to a tornado. The family home for a couple generations now. Shit happens, right? In the last three years this poor man lost his home, his wife to cancer, her brother (and my dear friend) to a heart attack, and a son-in-law to something - I don't remember what now.

Each and every time the prayers...seems all this praying is just making this poor man and his family suffer more and more.

FFS - you would think the guy has dealt with enough. God sure is merciful.

FUCK!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2014, 09:11 PM
(17-06-2014 06:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  People are praying...FB again. Seems they are a tiny bit late with the prayers...not like they would have done any good in the first place.

My older daughter's uncle lost his home last night to a tornado. The family home for a couple generations now. Shit happens, right? In the last three years this poor man lost his home, his wife to cancer, her brother (and my dear friend) to a heart attack, and a son-in-law to something - I don't remember what now.

Each and every time the prayers...seems all this praying is just making this poor man and his family suffer more and more.

FFS - you would think the guy has dealt with enough. God sure is merciful.

FUCK!

Sad about his home Sad

Hope people are offering more than just prayers tho. Of course they'll just assume gawd sent help. Angel

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 04:58 PM by Lienda Bella.)
"Avoiding all contact with humans, the Wargals had lived and bred in these remote mountains since ancient times. No one in living memory had ever set eyes upon one, but rumors and legends had persisted of a savage tribe of semi-intelligent beasts in the mountains. Morgarath, planning a revolt against the Kingdom of Araluen, had left Gorlan Feif to seek them out. If such creatures existed, they would give him an edge in the war that was to come.

It took months, but he eventually found them. Aside from their wordless chant, Wargals had no spoken language, relying on a primitive form of thought awareness for communication. But their minds were simple and their intellects basic. As a result, they had been totally susceptible to domination by a superior intelligence and willpower. Morgarath bent them to his will and they became the perfect army for him - ugly beyond nightmares, utterly pitiless and bound totally to his mental orders."

'sarcastic' Awesome children's book prologue so far! Hobo This looks like the most perfect gift for a dyslexic or high functioning Autistic kid.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
19-06-2014, 02:09 AM
If you want something, anything, bad enough, can you obtain it if you dedicate your mind and actions to it? I want to believe that you can. I just want things to go right, for once. I will not let everything fall apart again.
19-06-2014, 02:42 AM
(19-06-2014 02:09 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If you want something, anything, bad enough, can you obtain it if you dedicate your mind and actions to it? I want to believe that you can. I just want things to go right, for once. I will not let everything fall apart again.

Don't get too worried if stuff doesn't go your way. Stuff ups happen. It's great to try, try again, just don't be discouraged if even *this* time, the time that you said you wouldn't let shit hit the fan, it still does. That's life. Life is all about percentage play. You just keep doing the basics right and keep steadily moving towards your goal, even then setbacks happen, but as long as you keep moving, you'll get there. Also... it's kinda more about the journey. Like, what is your goal? If you can enjoy yourself not only when you attain the goal but also in the process... you'll have more fun Smile

So you need:
Goal
Plan to get to goal
Ability to roll with the punches if stuff doesn't go according to plan
Fun along the way Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-06-2014, 03:05 AM
So my facebook feed has an announcment for a local festival that says this:

"The cool thing about "where we live" is its full of Psychics and Mediums!! Good ones too. Some even have TV shows. And they are going to be here this Saturday! There are also healers and crystals for sale. All kinds of amazing crafts for sale also.
Come on down to Front Street!!!"

I put just simply

"Woo Fest"

and the advertiser responds with

"I know right!!!! Big Grin"

.........Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-06-2014, 07:57 AM
(19-06-2014 02:09 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If you want something, anything, bad enough, can you obtain it if you dedicate your mind and actions to it? I want to believe that you can. I just want things to go right, for once. I will not let everything fall apart again.

Yes
Yes you can.
But it may require great sacrifice.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
19-06-2014, 08:26 AM
(18-06-2014 04:54 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  "Avoiding all contact with humans, the Wargals had lived and bred in these remote mountains since ancient times. No one in living memory had ever set eyes upon one, but rumors and legends had persisted of a savage tribe of semi-intelligent beasts in the mountains. Morgarath, planning a revolt against the Kingdom of Araluen, had left Gorlan Feif to seek them out. If such creatures existed, they would give him an edge in the war that was to come.

It took months, but he eventually found them. Aside from their wordless chant, Wargals had no spoken language, relying on a primitive form of thought awareness for communication. But their minds were simple and their intellects basic. As a result, they had been totally susceptible to domination by a superior intelligence and willpower. Morgarath bent them to his will and they became the perfect army for him - ugly beyond nightmares, utterly pitiless and bound totally to his mental orders."

'sarcastic' Awesome children's book prologue so far! Hobo This looks like the most perfect gift for a dyslexic or high functioning Autistic kid.

Ha -yes- could be a reason I read every single word and was not completely bored out of my skull. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-06-2014, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2014 07:53 AM by Free Thought.)
I feel like shit.

It's hard to describe. My head is on the verge of hurting; it's just numb, almost painfully numb, if that makes sense.

I've felt like this pretty much all day. And it's been going on for most of my weekend, on and off since I had to leave school early on Friday thanks to my head feeling like it had been in a vice.

Of course, I had sought the assistance of medical professionals; my GP believes my constant headaches are related to my posture; however, my posture is getting better, but my headaches are now within the realms migraine and are only getting worse.

On Friday I went to the hospital at 8pm as my head hadn't really stopped hurting since 11:40 in the morning when the headache started. My father and I arrived at around 9pm. I was at the hospital for around four hours and never saw a doctor; I decided to leave at 2 in the morning in light of two Pandadeine Forte and sleep having knocked back the pain temporarily, the complete absence of a doctor anywhere near me and the screaming child two cubicles down who was threatening to reinstate my headache.

Of course, I understand why I didn't get to see a doctor; there were lots more people who demanded more attention than an 18 year old with a minor headache, not to mention the code Blue and Black (resuscitation and assault codes respectively) which occurred... but given that I had a non-stop headache (mostly in the right side of my head) for about ten hours, I would have thought that might have bumped me up the triage list a little.

A couple hours ago I was worse off than before; my entire head was almost completely numb; I took a nap, woke up even more numb. My father proclaimed I'm not going to school tomorrow so my condition can be monitored. My head is not quite so numb, but more painful as a consequence. Thanks to my prior napping, I can't get to sleep.

Welcome to my weekend ladies and gents.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.