Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-06-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-06-2014 07:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I feel like shit.

It's hard to describe. My head is on the verge of hurting; it's just numb, almost painfully numb, if that makes sense.

I've felt like this pretty much all day. And it's been going on for most of my weekend, on and off since I had to leave school early on Friday thanks to my head feeling like it had been in a vice.

Of course, I had sought the assistance of medical professionals; my GP believes my constant headaches are related to my posture; however, my posture is getting better, but my headaches are now within the realms migraine and are only getting worse.

On Friday I went to the hospital at 8pm as my head hadn't really stopped hurting since 11:40 in the morning when the headache started. My father and I arrived at around 9pm. I was at the hospital for around four hours and never saw a doctor; I decided to leave at 2 in the morning in light of two Pandadeine Forte and sleep having knocked back the pain temporarily, the complete absence of a doctor anywhere near me and the screaming child two cubicles down who was threatening to reinstate my headache.

Of course, I understand why I didn't get to see a doctor; there were lots more people who demanded more attention than an 18 year old with a minor headache, not to mention the code Blue and Black (resuscitation and assault codes respectively) which occurred... but given that I had a non-stop headache (mostly in the right side of my head) for about ten hours, I would have thought that might have bumped me up the triage list a little.

A couple hours ago I was worse off than before; my entire head was almost completely numb; I took a nap, woke up even more numb. My father proclaimed I'm not going to school tomorrow so my condition can be monitored. My head is not quite so numb, but more painful as a consequence. Thanks to my prior napping, I can't get to sleep.

Welcome to my weekend ladies and gents.

I wish you well and all the best in seeking a cure for what ails you.

ON a side note, is there/Do you have any swelling about your jaw/cheeks?

I ask because I have a friend who caught a cold which caused such swelling, with symptoms of pain much like you are describing. They developed a pinched nerve and thence a palsy over the entire side of their face.

Or, it might be tooth related?

Just some thoughts to possibly help put your mind at ease, even if your head is not.

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-06-2014, 09:47 AM
(22-06-2014 08:34 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 07:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I feel like shit.

It's hard to describe. My head is on the verge of hurting; it's just numb, almost painfully numb, if that makes sense.

I've felt like this pretty much all day. And it's been going on for most of my weekend, on and off since I had to leave school early on Friday thanks to my head feeling like it had been in a vice.

Of course, I had sought the assistance of medical professionals; my GP believes my constant headaches are related to my posture; however, my posture is getting better, but my headaches are now within the realms migraine and are only getting worse.

On Friday I went to the hospital at 8pm as my head hadn't really stopped hurting since 11:40 in the morning when the headache started. My father and I arrived at around 9pm. I was at the hospital for around four hours and never saw a doctor; I decided to leave at 2 in the morning in light of two Pandadeine Forte and sleep having knocked back the pain temporarily, the complete absence of a doctor anywhere near me and the screaming child two cubicles down who was threatening to reinstate my headache.

Of course, I understand why I didn't get to see a doctor; there were lots more people who demanded more attention than an 18 year old with a minor headache, not to mention the code Blue and Black (resuscitation and assault codes respectively) which occurred... but given that I had a non-stop headache (mostly in the right side of my head) for about ten hours, I would have thought that might have bumped me up the triage list a little.

A couple hours ago I was worse off than before; my entire head was almost completely numb; I took a nap, woke up even more numb. My father proclaimed I'm not going to school tomorrow so my condition can be monitored. My head is not quite so numb, but more painful as a consequence. Thanks to my prior napping, I can't get to sleep.

Welcome to my weekend ladies and gents.

I wish you well and all the best in seeking a cure for what ails you.

ON a side note, is there/Do you have any swelling about your jaw/cheeks?

I ask because I have a friend who caught a cold which caused such swelling, with symptoms of pain much like you are describing. They developed a pinched nerve and thence a palsy over the entire side of their face.

Or, it might be tooth related?

Just some thoughts to possibly help put your mind at ease, even if your head is not.

Much cheers to all.

Thanks for the wishes.

I don't seem to have any swelling around my jaw or cheeks, somebody would have noticed it anyway, and my teeth don't hurt or anything like that; my (hopefully) last wisdom tooth stopped moving a week or so ago and otherwise I've no current troubles there.

And fortunately, I don't seem to have anything like a palsy anywhere... Well unless in include a perpetually weird feeling arm which twitches occasionally, but I'm sure that is totally unrelated.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-06-2014, 09:53 AM
(22-06-2014 09:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And fortunately, I don't seem to have anything like a palsy anywhere... Well unless in include a perpetually weird feeling arm which twitches occasionally, but I'm sure that is totally unrelated.

Consider Dodgy Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-06-2014, 09:54 AM
FT.
While getting all that stuff looked at by a doctor I think you need to see someone about Hypochondria as well.

You'll feel a lot better.
22-06-2014, 10:01 AM
(22-06-2014 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 09:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And fortunately, I don't seem to have anything like a palsy anywhere... Well unless in include a perpetually weird feeling arm which twitches occasionally, but I'm sure that is totally unrelated.

Consider Dodgy Facepalm

That arm is old news; I hurt it years ago, the treatment was long-delayed and now it's stuck being weaker and numbish.

(22-06-2014 09:54 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  FT.
While getting all that stuff looked at by a doctor I think you need to see someone about Hypochondria as well.

Very funny, Hobbit Elder. I am probably insane, it's true, but I'm not a hypochondriac. In fact, I'm hesitant to complain to a doctor (especially about my arm) because I'm pretty much convinced that the remaining pain and weird numbish feeling is just a result of my faulty psychology.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-06-2014, 10:49 AM
(22-06-2014 10:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  Consider Dodgy Facepalm

That arm is old news; I hurt it years ago, the treatment was long-delayed and now it's stuck being weaker and numbish.

(22-06-2014 09:54 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  FT.

Very funny, Hobbit Elder. I am probably insane, it's true, but I'm not a hypochondriac. In fact, I'm hesitant to complain to a doctor (especially about my arm) because I'm pretty much convinced that the remaining pain and weird numbish feeling is just a result of my faulty psychology.

I'm not being funny. I really think you should talk to someone cause you sound like you have hypochondria. That doesnt make you insane you dork.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
22-06-2014, 10:59 AM
(22-06-2014 10:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ---
--- I'm pretty much convinced that the remaining pain and weird numbish feeling is just a result of my faulty psychology.

I'm kind of on the side of "posture" guy ... get your ass to a decent chiropractor. And maybe stop hunching over that laptop. Drinking Beverage

fuck, my neck is killing me, she said, hunching over her laptop.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-06-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't really see mentions of physical ills to indicate Hypochondria. If every twinge was seen as life-threatening or every symptom greatly exaggerated for attention...then yeah, maybe. I live with a Hypochondriac who looks up symptoms or hears about them and then suddenly manifests them to the point of going through needless invasive tests.

Seems to me that what is needed is a thorough physical with all complaints mentioned and checked out. I am not in agreement with Kim regarding chiropractors, but I wonder about scoliosis, based on different posts. And that arm thing really needs to be revisited by a competent orthopedic doctor. Part of the issue seems to be a mother who never has the money to tend to something early so that the problem becomes bigger and more complex.

If I assumed everyone that mentioned a physical ill was a Hypochondriac, the list would be quite long.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-06-2014, 05:55 PM
(22-06-2014 11:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't really see mentions of physical ills to indicate Hypochondria. If every twinge was seen as life-threatening or every symptom greatly exaggerated for attention...then yeah, maybe. I live with a Hypochondriac who looks up symptoms or hears about them and then suddenly manifests them to the point of going through needless invasive tests.

Seems to me that what is needed is a thorough physical with all complaints mentioned and checked out. I am not in agreement with Kim regarding chiropractors, but I wonder about scoliosis, based on different posts. And that arm thing really needs to be revisited by a competent orthopedic doctor. Part of the issue seems to be a mother who never has the money to tend to something early so that the problem becomes bigger and more complex.

If I assumed everyone that mentioned a physical ill was a Hypochondriac, the list would be quite long.

Thanks for the backup, Anjele.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an actual back-cracker about my posture and whatnot, but I don't think it has much to do with my headaches....
Besides, my GP didn't recommend seeing a back-cracker. He recommended acupuncture. Of course I haven't gone down either route because A) as always, I lack the funds, as do both my parents, and B) I am well-versed enough in acupuncture to know that in terms of clinical studies there is no real difference between fake and real acupuncture, both produce the same effect on believing patients, leading me to suspect the practise has about as much bunk as healing crystals.
But I'm not going to get my arm checked, mostly because I don't want to waste a doctors time, 'cause I am pretty sure it is purely psychological given that it experiences pain or discomfort when elsewhere in me experiences pain. Even if it isn't, I doubt there is much that could be done aside from phsyio to try to get it to the point where I can actually use if for more than a minute without it getting tired. Plus I'm getting tired of talking to doctors about it; been many years since the injury, and last set of xrays showed that it had healed.... mostly....

22-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Get a new doctor FT. Wich capable doctor recommends acupuncture?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post