Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-07-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-07-2014 06:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think I would opt to just buy a new one.

My son washed his clothes the other day with a pack of gum in a pocket...do you know what kind of mess that leaves in the dryer???????

I looked at it and was ready to grab my credit card and head to Home Depot. My son spent over an hour scraping gum off the barrel of the dryer as well as the inside of the door. Bet he doesn't leave gum in a pocket again. Tongue

So him having to clean it up it was double the humor, double the fun, huh?
wah waahhh Yeah, I know! I'm friggin hilarious Drinking Beverage
Tongue

He is looking right now to buy a house...it's was a bit of a lesson learned as to the trials of home (and appliance) ownership.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 07:01 PM
This is a relatively small complaint, but:

An ex co-worker of mine is throwing her friend a baby shower tomorrow, and she asked me to make her up some flavored lipglosses to presumably hand out as party favors. She tells me THIS MORNING (right before I am about to make them) to forget the whole thing because many of the guests have an issue with artificial flavors and colors.

Censored

So, to make a long story only slightly shorter, that's over $30 that I'm never going to see again. Plus I now have supplies for 40 lava lamp lipglosses that I don't need. Plus I'm probably never going to be doing her a favor again.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
09-07-2014, 12:02 AM
(08-07-2014 07:01 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  This is a relatively small complaint, but:

An ex co-worker of mine is throwing her friend a baby shower tomorrow, and she asked me to make her up some flavored lipglosses to presumably hand out as party favors. She tells me THIS MORNING (right before I am about to make them) to forget the whole thing because many of the guests have an issue with artificial flavors and colors.

Censored

So, to make a long story only slightly shorter, that's over $30 that I'm never going to see again. Plus I now have supplies for 40 lava lamp lipglosses that I don't need. Plus I'm probably never going to be doing her a favor again.

Tell her to reimburse you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Jury duty this morning.
09-07-2014, 09:36 AM
(09-07-2014 08:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Jury duty this morning.

Why do we have to do Jury duty again? I mean I am only 17 and once they see me as ready it won't matter I would have left. Still why?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-07-2014, 09:41 AM
(09-07-2014 09:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 08:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Jury duty this morning.

Why do we have to do Jury duty again? I mean I am only 17 and once they see me as ready it won't matter I would have left. Still why?

Civic duty. You are entitled to a jury of your peers if you are accused of a crime and to give everyone that right that means we all have to potentially serve as jurors. Do they not teach basic civics where you live?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2014, 10:48 AM
(09-07-2014 09:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 09:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why do we have to do Jury duty again? I mean I am only 17 and once they see me as ready it won't matter I would have left. Still why?

Civic duty. You are entitled to a jury of your peers if you are accused of a crime and to give everyone that right that means we all have to potentially serve as jurors. Do they not teach basic civics where you live?

Seems fair to have a jury of peers, seems unfair for me to have to sit down and watch two boring lawyers (unless it is like phoenix wright ace attorney, then I want to be in court all the time) but I guess because no body would do it on their own so I guess it is fair. Also not anymore, it seems as our population grows, the place becomes worst.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-07-2014, 10:54 AM
(09-07-2014 10:48 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 09:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Civic duty. You are entitled to a jury of your peers if you are accused of a crime and to give everyone that right that means we all have to potentially serve as jurors. Do they not teach basic civics where you live?

Seems fair to have a jury of peers, seems unfair for me to have to sit down and watch two boring lawyers (unless it is like phoenix wright ace attorney, then I want to be in court all the time) but I guess because no body would do it on their own so I guess it is fair. Also not anymore, it seems as our population grows, the place becomes worst.

That is the cost of living in a society that gives trial by jury as a fundamental right.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2014, 11:15 AM
(09-07-2014 10:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 10:48 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Seems fair to have a jury of peers, seems unfair for me to have to sit down and watch two boring lawyers (unless it is like phoenix wright ace attorney, then I want to be in court all the time) but I guess because no body would do it on their own so I guess it is fair. Also not anymore, it seems as our population grows, the place becomes worst.

That is the cost of living in a society that gives trial by jury as a fundamental right.

Yup, it is either that or the crazy person way.

09-07-2014, 12:21 PM
It didnt even get that far. Got there, filled out some paperwork. Waited two hours. Was told it was cancelled for the day and I'm done till the next time I'm randomly selected. (Same for the other 30ish people that were there)

Get 10 bucks for it though. *shrug*