Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-07-2014 10:48 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 09:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Civic duty. You are entitled to a jury of your peers if you are accused of a crime and to give everyone that right that means we all have to potentially serve as jurors. Do they not teach basic civics where you live?

Seems fair to have a jury of peers, seems unfair for me to have to sit down and watch two boring lawyers (unless it is like phoenix wright ace attorney, then I want to be in court all the time) but I guess because no body would do it on their own so I guess it is fair. Also not anymore, it seems as our population grows, the place becomes worst.

Government class was required my senior year of high school. If you didnt pass you didnt graduate. I loved that class.

Reminds me of something funny. We did a mock congress in class and I was the only one to get a bill passed.....an anti-abortion bill....Yeah, that was during my baptist days. *ashamed*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-07-2014, 12:41 PM
(09-07-2014 12:23 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 10:48 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Seems fair to have a jury of peers, seems unfair for me to have to sit down and watch two boring lawyers (unless it is like phoenix wright ace attorney, then I want to be in court all the time) but I guess because no body would do it on their own so I guess it is fair. Also not anymore, it seems as our population grows, the place becomes worst.

Government class was required my senior year of high school. If you didnt pass you didnt graduate. I loved that class.

Reminds me of something funny. We did a mock congress in class and I was the only one to get a bill passed.....an anti-abortion bill....Yeah, that was during my baptist days. *ashamed*

Civics is a fun class it's a shame they don't teach it as much anymore.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2014, 12:45 PM
(09-07-2014 12:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 12:23 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Government class was required my senior year of high school. If you didnt pass you didnt graduate. I loved that class.

Civics is a fun class it's a shame they don't teach it as much anymore.

Its seems ridiculous to think knowing how your government works wouldnt be a requirement for moving up into adult life.
09-07-2014, 12:54 PM
(09-07-2014 12:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 12:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Civics is a fun class it's a shame they don't teach it as much anymore.

Its seems ridiculous to think knowing how your government works wouldnt be a requirement for moving up into adult life.

Senior Year should be "How to balance a checkbook" "How Interest works" "Civics" "Driving, or how not to kill everyone on the fucking road" "How to cook for yourself so you do not die when you live on your own"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-07-2014, 03:00 PM
(09-07-2014 12:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 12:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its seems ridiculous to think knowing how your government works wouldnt be a requirement for moving up into adult life.

Senior Year should be "How to balance a checkbook" "How Interest works" "Civics" "Driving, or how not to kill everyone on the fucking road" "How to cook for yourself so you do not die when you live on your own"

Ever hear of senioritis?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-07-2014, 03:09 PM
(09-07-2014 03:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 12:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Senior Year should be "How to balance a checkbook" "How Interest works" "Civics" "Driving, or how not to kill everyone on the fucking road" "How to cook for yourself so you do not die when you live on your own"

Ever hear of senioritis?

Yes, I have. It comes mostly from the fact that seniors only have a few credits left to meet graduation requirements. I only needed 1 credit my senior year, had I taken English 12 first semester I could have skipped the entire second semester and still graduated.

09-07-2014, 03:22 PM
(09-07-2014 03:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 03:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Ever hear of senioritis?

Yes, I have. It comes mostly from the fact that seniors only have a few credits left to meet graduation requirements. I only needed 1 credit my senior year, had I taken English 12 first semester I could have skipped the entire second semester and still graduated.

Then you're generation is not to far from mine as I thought. Many kids in my school are bored by basic zoology, what makes you think that learning about how the government works is cooler than being in a class where you watch lions kill animals. But that is the logic of my school.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-07-2014, 03:31 PM
(09-07-2014 03:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 03:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, I have. It comes mostly from the fact that seniors only have a few credits left to meet graduation requirements. I only needed 1 credit my senior year, had I taken English 12 first semester I could have skipped the entire second semester and still graduated.

Then you're generation is not to far from mine as I thought. Many kids in my school are bored by basic zoology, what makes you think that learning about how the government works is cooler than being in a class where you watch lions kill animals. But that is the logic of my school.

*chuckles*

Teenagers are generally the same from one generation to the next, the styles are just different.
09-07-2014, 03:35 PM
(09-07-2014 03:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 03:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Then you're generation is not to far from mine as I thought. Many kids in my school are bored by basic zoology, what makes you think that learning about how the government works is cooler than being in a class where you watch lions kill animals. But that is the logic of my school.

*chuckles*

Teenagers are generally the same from one generation to the next, the styles are just different.

I don't know about that, how was teen pregnancy in the 90's?

09-07-2014, 03:37 PM
(09-07-2014 03:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 03:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  *chuckles*

I don't know about that, how was teen pregnancy in the 90's?

They've gone down

http://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-he...rends.html