Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-07-2014, 07:23 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Morning Facebook post from SIL asking where others have bought "purity rings".

Ugh.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Our state fair will have as a concert.....The Newsboys...for a faith and family night.

Facepalm
21-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Watching Daniel Dennett on Charlie Rose....he keeps referring to himself as a "Bright" ack.
21-07-2014, 11:33 AM
(20-07-2014 02:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Our state fair will have as a concert.....The Newsboys...for a faith and family night.

Facepalm

Our state fair (Wisconsin) will have Aretha Franklin. I think we win. Of course, you may be too young to know who Aretha Franklin is. Trust me, she's better than the Newsboys. Big Grin
21-07-2014, 01:40 PM
(21-07-2014 11:33 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 02:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Our state fair will have as a concert.....The Newsboys...for a faith and family night.

Facepalm

Our state fair (Wisconsin) will have Aretha Franklin. I think we win. Of course, you may be too young to know who Aretha Franklin is. Trust me, she's better than the Newsboys. Big Grin

Too young? Oh please! I love Aretha. Very talented.

The other performers coming to our fair for the couple weeks:

Buck Cherry
Ziggy Marley
Emblem3
Fab Four
David Spade
Charlie Daniels band
Chris Young
Joan Jett and the Heartbreakers
The Beach Boys.

Much better than newsboys as well. LOL. I was just sad they ruined it with them.
Apparently all concerts are free with fair admission this year as well. Which is kind of cool.
21-07-2014, 02:04 PM
(20-07-2014 01:38 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  I did a wee few stretches (longest was 30 days) in a different jail in 2002/03, and the food there was even worse. Their breakfast eggs were just boiled eggs and cold decaf coffee to drink.

That actually sounds ok for me. Wait ... WTF? Decaf?

I'd be contacting the ACLU on that shit. Angry

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Fuck Monday! Fuck this Monday for sure...fuck all Mondays. Goddamn I hate Monday.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
22-07-2014, 04:36 AM
God dammit I need a job and a car. I hate relying on people for rides because most of the time people bail on me when I need them most or that have to cancel for some painfully annoying reason. I just need to get my fucking transcripts to my college and take my comp test, and I was supposed to do it at 8:30 today but looks like I'm going to have to wait until Thursday. I'm seriously really aggravated. I can't keep putting this off or I won't be able to start class in the fall.

Also, I seem to be putting a lot of stress on my mom what with college coming up and me possibly having a job pretty soon. We have one car in this household and I'll be able to carpool with mutual close living college babes to college, but my mom needs to realize I need a job to save for my own car because she's not saving one for me, and I can't just sit at home letting laziness fuck me in the asshole not doing anything to be productive.

Also there is never any food in this house and my stomach is literally SORE FROM CHURNING DUE TO LACK OF FOOD. Mother of shit fuck

Angry
22-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Being wide awake at 5 am.
22-07-2014, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2014 11:55 AM by kim.)
(22-07-2014 04:36 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  God dammit I need a job and a car.
Also, I seem to be putting a lot of stress on my mom what with college coming up and me possibly having a job pretty soon. We have one car in this household and I'll be able to carpool with mutual close living college babes to college, but my mom needs to realize I need a job to save for my own car because she's not saving one for me, and I can't just sit at home letting laziness fuck me in the asshole not doing anything to be productive.

Big secret: you may not need a car for college.
Many campuses do not allow through traffic for cars during the week - only bicycles and foot traffic. Many new students bring their new, fancy cars to college ... only to find they have to pay horrendous parking fees. In no time at all, most of those new, fancy cars are usually found parked waaaaay out in "free parking" for week-long (sometimes month(s)-long) stretches.

Seriously - get used to a bike - it will be far more indispensable than a car. And it will keep you fit... even though you'll probably walk to most classes.
Getting used to a bike lifestyle might take up some of that "unproductive" time... what with learning about the gearing and such.

Go for either a mountain bike or better - a hybrid cruise/all-terrane kind of thing... you may need to encounter paved hills, grass hills or rocky hills... it's best to expect the unexpected.
A step through frame or "girly style" is ergonomically built for women's bodies (guys hips/knees/backs are built differently). They are practical and look awesome when you feel like wearing a skirt or dress.
Baskets - one for the handle bars for quick stuff - but collapsable saddle baskets on both sides of the back fender are a workhorse - especially if you will be hauling a shit ton of books.
Comfy gel saddle - leather. Your ass will thank you.
Make sure you have front and rear fenders - you don't want water/mud/dirt/rocks hitting you before class. Plus, they look way cool. Don't forget the cup holder. And a bell. No, I'm not fucking kidding.

A really good bike can get costly depending on how much you trick it out... maybe up to $400 or $500 for standard shit and even up in the thousands if you are a complete asshole. However, you can get financing at a good bike shop... and they actually do know their shit. No time like now to start building a good credit history. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post