Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-07-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Ordered a natural tick/flea/mosquito repellent for the dogs. Mosquitoes filled with West Nile Virus a real problem around here. Didn't want to freak them out with it so I sprayed some on my hands and rubbed on each of the dogs. I will never get the smell off my hands. Guess I will be safe from the skeeters now too.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2014, 06:41 PM
(22-07-2014 06:31 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 04:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Slightly cold is better than car-meltingly hot.

I second that! You could fry eggs on the concrete earlier! Sun's gone down, but it's almost worse. You can see the heat wafting up off the ground outside right now Sad

And the humidity, oh the humidity Weeping go out for a smoke and I'm instantly sticky, plus both my glasses and iPad fog over Facepalm it's like stepping out into a soup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
22-07-2014, 06:43 PM
(22-07-2014 04:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Slightly cold is better than car-meltingly hot.

touche' young grasshopper.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-07-2014, 06:50 PM
(22-07-2014 06:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 06:31 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I second that! You could fry eggs on the concrete earlier! Sun's gone down, but it's almost worse. You can see the heat wafting up off the ground outside right now Sad

And the humidity, oh the humidity Weeping go out for a smoke and I'm instantly sticky, plus both my glasses and iPad fog over Facepalm it's like stepping out into a soup

IKR! Had those desert-like heat-mirages shining at me on the way in Sad

22-07-2014, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2014 10:15 PM by evenheathen.)
(22-07-2014 06:50 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 06:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And the humidity, oh the humidity Weeping go out for a smoke and I'm instantly sticky, plus both my glasses and iPad fog over Facepalm it's like stepping out into a soup

IKR! Had those desert-like heat-mirages shining at me on the way in Sad

Goddamn right it's hot! Although I must say I fared better today than yesterday, even though it was hotter. Yesterday I was still hungover from Sunday and sweating bourbon! Talk about swamp ass! Blink

Seriously, after 11 and the heat index is still almost 100! WTAF?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
23-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Well godfuckingdamnit. Confused I finally broke down and turned on the air conditioner.

I did so love that $28 dollar electric bill... but I can't handle swimming in my own fluids while trying to sleep. Dodgy 3am and it's still 80 degrees.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-07-2014, 02:23 AM
(23-07-2014 02:19 AM)kim Wrote:  $28 dollar

I see you've also been swimming in the redundant sea Wink Sorry, couldn't help myself...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-07-2014, 02:29 AM
(23-07-2014 02:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 02:19 AM)kim Wrote:  $28 dollar

I see you've also been swimming in the redundant sea Wink Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Laugh out load
I didn't even notice I did that! 3 am... all I can say. Sleepy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-07-2014, 07:54 AM
See, I'd complain about the heat, but what I call too hot is a day like yesterday, a humid 30 (86).

Well, so long as it's a blissfully cool 12 (54) overnight, it's livable.

... this is my signature!
23-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Just heard a very very loud bang outside a moment ago, almost like a car backfiring minus the car. Followed by a car a short while later screeching out of a drive way and racing off at speed. It's 2am by the way.
Just waiting for the sirens to top it all off now.

I think my flatmates suggestion to leave this neighborhood when our lease expires is a smart move.

[Image: oscar.png]