Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-07-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Side note, I found that pizza bread is incredibly cheap.
I think I found my new go-to lunch food. A massive bloody pizza stick bread.
Tasty, not entirely crap for the body and cheap.

This also reminds me that I didn't make that lasagna I was going to make last night for dinner, I just had pizza bread. Oh well, lasagna today. Hopefully it turns out alright, never cooked lasagna but hey, it's just pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, cheese, cheese. How hard can that be?
Just have to remember to pre-cook the pasta.
My flatmates made one the other day but didn't pre-cook the pasta (despite my warnings) and it came out crunchy... amateurs.
That should hopefully sustain me for today and tomorrow than I have peas, hashbrowns, seasoned wedges and seasoned wedges till Monday. Pizza on Tuesday and than hashbrowns, peas and seasoned wedges on Wednesday and than I go shopping and find something else to eat for another week. I might spice it up one week and have peas and beans. That'll be interesting. On second thought I better not, that's a little daring.
Man, when I start rambling about shit I really go to town huh?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-07-2014, 09:49 AM
(23-07-2014 08:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Side note, I found that pizza bread is incredibly cheap.

This also reminds me that I didn't make that lasagna I was going to make last night for dinner, I just had pizza bread. Oh well, lasagna today. Hopefully it turns out alright, never cooked lasagna but hey, it's just pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, cheese, cheese. How hard can that be?
My flatmates made one the other day but didn't pre-cook the pasta (despite my warnings) and it came out crunchy... amateurs.
That should hopefully sustain me for today and tomorrow than I have peas, hashbrowns, seasoned wedges and seasoned wedges till Monday. Pizza on Tuesday and than hashbrowns, peas and seasoned wedges on Wednesday and than I go shopping and find something else to eat for another week. I might spice it up one week and have peas and beans. That'll be interesting. On second thought I better not, that's a little daring.

I've never done lasagna either. I'd like to, but I'd hate to make something that big for myself.
23-07-2014, 10:00 AM
(23-07-2014 09:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 08:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Side note, I found that pizza bread is incredibly cheap.

I've never done lasagna either. I'd like to, but I'd hate to make something that big for myself.

You can make a small Lasagna. It really is not that hard to do. Just layer everything and always precook your noodles.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-07-2014, 10:01 AM
(23-07-2014 10:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 09:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've never done lasagna either. I'd like to, but I'd hate to make something that big for myself.

You can make a small Lasagna. It really is not that hard to do. Just layer everything and always precook your noodles.

I'll have to see if I can find small enough pasta (Near really doesnt like lasagna)
23-07-2014, 03:49 PM
(23-07-2014 10:01 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 10:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You can make a small Lasagna. It really is not that hard to do. Just layer everything and always precook your noodles.

I'll have to see if I can find small enough pasta (Near really doesnt like lasagna)

I do a 9x9 lasagna. I buy the regular sized noodles and just cut them down to size when I do the layering. The 9x9 makes four large servings.

Near doesn't like it? What doesn't he like? The meat, noodles, sauce? Don't tell me cheese, for the love of Zeus don't say it's the cheese Weeping

Just wondering if there's a way to modify it so he'd enjoy. You can do a lot of modifications to make a lasagna tasty for just about anyone Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
23-07-2014, 03:51 PM
(23-07-2014 03:49 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 10:01 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'll have to see if I can find small enough pasta (Near really doesnt like lasagna)

I do a 9x9 lasagna. I buy the regular sized noodles and just cut them down to size when I do the layering. The 9x9 makes four large servings.

Near doesn't like it? What doesn't he like? The meat, noodles, sauce? Don't tell me cheese, for the love of Zeus don't say it's the cheese Weeping

Just wondering if there's a way to modify it so he'd enjoy. You can do a lot of modifications to make a lasagna tasty for just about anyone Yes

I'm not sure what part he doesnt like. He just told me he doesn't like lasagna. lol.
23-07-2014, 03:58 PM
(23-07-2014 03:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 03:49 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I do a 9x9 lasagna. I buy the regular sized noodles and just cut them down to size when I do the layering. The 9x9 makes four large servings.

I'm not sure what part he doesnt like. He just told me he doesn't like lasagna. lol.

I say make him eat it Laugh out load choose meats, sauces, and cheeses that you know he enjoys in other dishes.

I usually brown ground beef and add spaghetti sauce, and some Italian seasoning. Then layer it noodles, meat, cottage cheese, mozzarella. Repeat three times ending with mozzarella on top, then bake at 350 until the cheese has melted, and starts to get crispy around the edges. Let it set for about 15 mins after that, or it'll be a sloppy mess when u cut and serve.

Of course, I usually only make it for special occasions. When u add up making the ground beef, building the thing, baking, and allowing time to set.... It's one of the more elaborate and time consuming dishes for me Blush

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
23-07-2014, 04:29 PM
I made lasagna Sunday...it was really good then but better on Monday!

One of my daughter's says she doesn't like lasagna, says it's the Ricotta.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
23-07-2014, 04:38 PM
(23-07-2014 03:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 03:49 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I do a 9x9 lasagna. I buy the regular sized noodles and just cut them down to size when I do the layering. The 9x9 makes four large servings.

Personal modification:
If you feel the giant noodles are too much or too gangly to mess with, use bow tie pasta. Just layer the way you'd layer the giant noodles. Just cook up a regular (large) pot of bow ties for your lasagna and use whatever is left for Near to have with sauce. You can use a small square casserole dish for a couple of small servings for yourself. Near will be enticed... just don't tell him it's lasagna. Wink

Bonus: bow ties will hold some of the yummy juices in the little folds while the giant noodles will not.
Drooling

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't understand how you cannot like lasagna, it's just pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, mince, cheese, pasta, cheese, cheese... I don't understand what you could possibly hate. @Hobbit, Near needs to see a therapist if he doesn't like that.

[Image: oscar.png]