Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-07-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-07-2014 04:38 PM)kim Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 03:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not sure what part he doesnt like. He just told me he doesn't like lasagna. lol.

Personal modification:
If you feel the giant noodles are too much or too gangly to mess with, use bow tie pasta. Just layer the way you'd layer the giant noodles. Just cook up a regular (large) pot of bow ties for your lasagna and use whatever is left for Near to have with sauce. You can use a small square casserole dish for a couple of small servings for yourself. Near will be enticed... just don't tell him it's lasagna. Wink

Bonus: bow ties will hold some of the yummy juices in the little folds while the giant noodles will not.
Drooling

That might work. Trick him into thinking its something else.

@ Anjele I suspect the riccotta might be the problem,but I dont think hes come out and said it.
@ Muffs Please tell him that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2014, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2014 05:35 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(23-07-2014 04:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 04:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Personal modification:
If you feel the giant noodles are too much or too gangly to mess with, use bow tie pasta. Just layer the way you'd layer the giant noodles. Just cook up a regular (large) pot of bow ties for your lasagna and use whatever is left for Near to have with sauce. You can use a small square casserole dish for a couple of small servings for yourself. Near will be enticed... just don't tell him it's lasagna. Wink

Bonus: bow ties will hold some of the yummy juices in the little folds while the giant noodles will not.
Drooling

@ Anjele I suspect the riccotta might be the problem,but I dont think hes come out and said it.

I make awesome lasagna. But honestly I'm not a fan of it. Lol.

You can also just make a baked ziti. It's kinda like a lasagna without the fuss.

If you don't want to deal with noodles you can make it without. I've made eggplant lasagna that was fantastic.

All pasta is better the next day.

If the problem is ricotta, try draining it first over night, add an egg and Italian parsley then add it to the lasagna.

Using plain ricotta just from the tub, is textually a bit rough that will help smooth it out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-07-2014, 05:38 PM
(23-07-2014 04:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 04:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Personal modification:

Drooling

Feed this to him.

[Image: lasagna.jpg]

If he likes it never cook for him again.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
23-07-2014, 06:22 PM
(23-07-2014 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 04:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That might work. Trick him into thinking its something else.

Feed this to him.

*throws up in mouth*

I'm poor and I wouldn't eat that.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
23-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I feel like pizza bread, looks like the lasagna will have to wait for another night.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-07-2014, 06:52 PM
(23-07-2014 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 04:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That might work. Trick him into thinking its something else.

Feed this to him.

I think if he likes that better than my lasagna then I have bigger problems o.o
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Okay, so I asked him why. His "answer":

"Well....when I was a child Father O'Malley had me make lasagna in the cumfessional"

.......Facepalm

Afterwards he said lasagna is like mush and reminds him of enchiladas and he doesnt like those either.
23-07-2014, 10:55 PM
(23-07-2014 09:55 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Okay, so I asked him why. His "answer":

"Well....when I was a child Father O'Malley had me make lasagna in the cumfessional"

.......Facepalm

Afterwards he said lasagna is like mush and reminds him of enchiladas and he doesnt like those either.

And now those delicacies are gone from me forever. Weeping

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Ranting corner
An Israel and Palestine rant I couldn't come up with a better place to vent.

I was going to stay out of it. But I'm fucking sick of hearing about Israel and Palestine.

Pardon the language: I'm fucking sick of it. Every thread on Facebook is overrun by propagandizing, and I've lost count of the number of Palestinians on Facebook championing Hitler.

Fucking Hitler. Given the number of world powers involved in WWII, do you think the Reich would have so much as stopped to wipe their boots after steamrolling into the holy land?

You all look the same. How would they tell the difference? You have the same genetic heritage. You're the same people, metaphorically and genetically. The only difference between you is some bizarre ideological, socio-religious shift that your respective governments exploit you with to convince identical twins their brother is a subhuman parasite to be eradicated for the sake of "your people," which, I really hate to say it, is getting uncomfortably close to some truly noxious historical rhetoric.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you people? All of you, collectively, how did someone convince you your politicians convince you you have absolutely nothing in common?

Monty Python couldn't have scripted a better sketch about the narcissism of minor differences than this; and it's so gut-wrenchingly horrific, it's almost as if the only appropriate response for mental health is to laugh hysterically.

And yet you're over there, measuring dick sizes about the cost in lives. What happened to an eye for an eye?

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
24-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Fuck you, Mother Nature. Tired of your shit. Angry