Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-08-2014, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 03:54 AM by Dee.)
RE: Ranting corner
I live in an efficiency apartment with a nice patio and a bit of yard space (about 12' X 20' corner of grass with one tree). I've felt fortunate that my corner space is relatively private and my leasing agent has allowed me to keep some potted plants just outside my door and hang some plants in the tree. This makes me happy Wink.

When I left for work a few nights ago (11:40pm), I noticed one hanging plant completely missing from its pot in the tree. That's right, plant gone, pot still in the tree with the soil tapped down in it and no mess. Also, half of a beautiful ivy growing by my door in a pot is missing, half the plant--roots missing and soil tapped down no mess. This pisses me off, and it hurts that my happy is gone Sadcryface2

I feel sure it was my neighbor's friend who stays at her place most of the time. The woman is always talking about how much she likes, especially, the two plants that have been mutilated. Plus, the only mess I could find was on the neighbors top step and she completely avoids me now.

My curse on her is that everything she plants dies.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 03:59 AM
(01-08-2014 03:42 AM)Dee Wrote:  I live in an efficiency apartment with a nice patio and a bit of yard space (about 12' X 20' corner of grass with one tree). I've felt fortunate that little my corner space is relatively private and my leasing agent has allowed me to keep some potted plants just outside my door and hang some plants in the tree. This makes me happy Wink.

When I left for work a few nights ago (11:40pm), I noticed one hanging plant completely missing from its pot in the tree. That's right, plant gone, pot still in the tree with the soil tapped down in it and no mess. Also, half of a beautiful ivy growing by my door in a pot is missing, half the plant--roots missing and soil tapped down no mess. This pisses me off, and it hurts that my happy is gone Sadcryface2

I feel sure it was my neighbor's friend who stays at her place most of the time. The woman is always talking about how much she likes, especially, the two plants that have been mutilated. Plus, the only mess I could find was on the neighbors top step and she completely avoids me now.

[Image: 1365462250832.jpg]

What kind of sick bastard goes around stealing plants?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
01-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Ranting corner
[Image: naqu6are.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
01-08-2014, 05:54 AM
NO, NO, NO - I don't want to go to work today!Angry

Godamnit I have to go to work today. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-08-2014, 06:03 AM
(01-08-2014 05:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  NO, NO, NO - I don't want to go to work today!Angry

Godamnit I have to go to work today. Sadcryface

When Anjele remembered that there was work to be done:

[Image: 4008979.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
01-08-2014, 09:05 AM
(01-08-2014 03:42 AM)Dee Wrote:  I live in an efficiency apartment with a nice patio and a bit of yard space (about 12' X 20' corner of grass with one tree). I've felt fortunate that my corner space is relatively private and my leasing agent has allowed me to keep some potted plants just outside my door and hang some plants in the tree. This makes me happy Wink.

I've had a few groundskeeping jobs over the years.

Anyway, one time we spent several months carefully tending a beautiful rosebush at the corner of one of the gardens.

And one day we got to work to see that the whole thing had been dug up and dragged away overnight. Literally. There was a hole in the ground and a trail of dirt clods down the lawn, across the street, and down the road a few hundred metres.

So yes. I feel your pain.

... this is my signature!
01-08-2014, 11:01 AM
(01-08-2014 09:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 03:42 AM)Dee Wrote:  I live in an efficiency apartment with a nice patio and a bit of yard space (about 12' X 20' corner of grass with one tree). I've felt fortunate that my corner space is relatively private and my leasing agent has allowed me to keep some potted plants just outside my door and hang some plants in the tree. This makes me happy Wink.

I've had a few groundskeeping jobs over the years.

Anyway, one time we spent several months carefully tending a beautiful rosebush at the corner of one of the gardens.

And one day we got to work to see that the whole thing had been dug up and dragged away overnight. Literally. There was a hole in the ground and a trail of dirt clods down the lawn, across the street, and down the road a few hundred metres.

So yes. I feel your pain.

So, did you follow the trail all the way to the new owner? Broke some knees?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
01-08-2014, 11:09 AM
(01-08-2014 11:01 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, did you follow the trail all the way to the new owner? Broke some knees?

We checked to see where it headed, but the trail veered off into a housing project and we didn't want to snoop around too hard.

... this is my signature!
01-08-2014, 01:39 PM
1) Why is there a tube of diaper rash creme in my house, to begin with?

2) WTF is a tube of diaper rash creme doing in the same drawer as the tubes of toothpaste? Angry

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
(01-08-2014 01:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  1) Why is there a tube of diaper rash creme in my house, to begin with?

2) WTF is a tube of diaper rash creme doing in the same drawer as the tubes of toothpaste? Angry

Gasp you didn't!!!!!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post