Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-08-2014, 04:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-08-2014 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dental pain is evil.

No kidding. I might have to cancel my vacation if this isn't resolved...

Fuck! I wanna go to California.

The pain has diminished, but not gone completely...
I want it gone.

I did take a rather long nap this afternoon (hubby made me).

If over the next few days the pain improves as they expect, I might consider putting off the crown until we get back.

Can you postpone your trip?
You don't wanna ruin your holiday because you had tooth pain the whole time.
Plus, if it gets worse you're a million miles from your dentist.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 06:02 AM
(06-08-2014 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dental pain is evil.

No kidding. I might have to cancel my vacation if this isn't resolved...

I want it gone.

If over the next few days the pain improves as they expect, I might consider putting off the crown until we get back.

On the other hand, getting the crown will be immediate and complete relief.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Speaking of dental problems:

Fuck. You. Wisdom teeth!

Seriously; fuck you, you pointless, worthless, unneeded, unloved recessive extra teeth!! I have three of you out of hiding already and one of you is damn-near horizontal! I do NOT need another one of you going around inflaming my gums and making eating things troublesome!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-08-2014, 12:52 PM
(07-08-2014 03:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 02:36 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I just wish it could be different.

Have you talked to her? That really sucks Sad

She's emotionally shattered because of a long chain of mentally exhausting events. Last night she was talking suicide and I was really upset about it. I talked to her today about ways she could fix things and actually feel happy, because she can't make everyone happy, but she can sure as hell make herself happy. She seemed alright, then turned off her phone. I can't help but be worried.
07-08-2014, 03:43 PM
(07-08-2014 06:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No kidding. I might have to cancel my vacation if this isn't resolved...

I want it gone.

On the other hand, getting the crown will be immediate and complete relief.

Really? Even without a root canal?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-08-2014, 03:54 PM
(07-08-2014 12:52 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  She's emotionally shattered because of a long chain of mentally exhausting events. Last night she was talking suicide and I was really upset about it. I talked to her today about ways she could fix things and actually feel happy, because she can't make everyone happy, but she can sure as hell make herself happy. She seemed alright, then turned off her phone. I can't help but be worried.

Sad Suicidal is bad. Take it seriously. Also talk to her, lots, if you can (sometimes it can be hard if she's fixating on one thing and going round in circles). Depressed people often feel alone - just knowing that someone out there cares could make a difference.

Have you seen this. I don't know how helpful it would be, but I spotted it on someone's FB post the other day and ja, you know, the thing for me with depressed people is they kinda... lose their self respect. It needs to be built back up slowly... What I like about the post on the link is that it kinda points out to them that they can still be proud of who they are.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-08-2014, 05:42 PM
I attempt to do the right thing and offer someone a chance. When will I ever learn?

My new job has me in the position of bookkeeper and backup person for HR and payroll. The young lady that is primarily responsible for HR and payroll is 25 years old (I will call her S) and worked her way up into the position through hard work, willingness to learn, and a level head. I am helping her to refine things based on my experience over the years.

We hired a young woman a little over a month ago to be a clerical assistant. She just turned 20, we wanted to give her a chance. So far, she is much more trouble than she is worth. Apparently she cannot follow simple request like - please put this in the mailbox. She can't seem to remember anything and won't take notes. She is not observant and seemingly can't do anything without either S, or, me holding her hand every step of the way.

Since the CFO is now gone as of Tuesday - I got a whole heap of new stuff added to my list of tasks - added by the owner.

Wednesday new girl decides she wants the big office that was vacated on Tuesday - ummm - nope - don't think so. As receptionist she needs to be a bit closer to the damn door.

Today she appears in my office and sits down to tell me that - it hurt her feelings that S and I were talking behind closed doors and she thinks she should be involved. I told her that S and I have to meet confidentially to discuss HR and payroll matters. She repeated the same complaint 4 times. Even continuing after I told her I had to do something right away for the owner.

So after getting her out of my office she went to S and said she was going to the owner to tell him that I hurt her feelings because S and I sometimes talk behind closed doors.

She is still within her 90 day probation period, wants the best office in the suite, already wants a raise, and cannot do anything completely or correctly which forces S and me to check everything she does.

This is a good opportunity as you can see by S. In a year she went from clerk to HR manager. And got a substantial raise in the process. Instead we get whiny, emo shit on a nearly daily basis. I am afraid she is going to have to go and we will have to find someone with some sense who would appreciate the chance.

Goddamn, some days I hate people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-08-2014, 05:48 PM
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I attempt to do the right thing and offer someone a chance. When will I ever learn?

My new job has me in the position of bookkeeper and backup person for HR and payroll. The young lady that is primarily responsible for HR and payroll is 25 years old (I will call her S) and worked her way up into the position through hard work, willingness to learn, and a level head. I am helping her to refine things based on my experience over the years.

We hired a young woman a little over a month ago to be a clerical assistant. She just turned 20, we wanted to give her a chance. So far, she is much more trouble than she is worth. Apparently she cannot follow simple request like - please put this in the mailbox. She can't seem to remember anything and won't take notes. She is not observant and seemingly can't do anything without either S, or, me holding her hand every step of the way.

Since the CFO is now gone as of Tuesday - I got a whole heap of new stuff added to my list of tasks - added by the owner.

Wednesday new girl decides she wants the big office that was vacated on Tuesday - ummm - nope - don't think so. As receptionist she needs to be a bit closer to the damn door.

Today she appears in my office and sits down to tell me that - it hurt her feelings that S and I were talking behind closed doors and she thinks she should be involved. I told her that S and I have to meet confidentially to discuss HR and payroll matters. She repeated the same complaint 4 times. Even continuing after I told her I had to do something right away for the owner.

So after getting her out of my office she went to S and said she was going to the owner to tell him that I hurt her feelings because S and I sometimes talk behind closed doors.

She is still within her 90 day probation period, wants the best office in the suite, already wants a raise, and cannot do anything completely or correctly which forces S and me to check everything she does.

This is a good opportunity as you can see by S. In a year she went from clerk to HR manager. And got a substantial raise in the process. Instead we get whiny, emo shit on a nearly daily basis. I am afraid she is going to have to go and we will have to find someone with some sense who would appreciate the chance.

The wisdom of youth! Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
07-08-2014, 06:36 PM
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I attempt to do the right thing and offer someone a chance. When will I ever learn?

Document everything.

People just suck.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-08-2014, 06:37 PM
(07-08-2014 03:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  On the other hand, getting the crown will be immediate and complete relief.

Really? Even without a root canal?

Yup. I'm not a dentist, but the pain of a cracked tooth is obviated by a crown.
There should be no need of a root canal unless the tooth is cracked all the way down below the gum line to the root.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post