Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-08-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I attempt to do the right thing and offer someone a chance. When will I ever learn?

My new job has me in the position of bookkeeper and backup person for HR and payroll. The young lady that is primarily responsible for HR and payroll is 25 years old (I will call her S) and worked her way up into the position through hard work, willingness to learn, and a level head. I am helping her to refine things based on my experience over the years.

We hired a young woman a little over a month ago to be a clerical assistant. She just turned 20, we wanted to give her a chance. So far, she is much more trouble than she is worth. Apparently she cannot follow simple request like - please put this in the mailbox. She can't seem to remember anything and won't take notes. She is not observant and seemingly can't do anything without either S, or, me holding her hand every step of the way.

Since the CFO is now gone as of Tuesday - I got a whole heap of new stuff added to my list of tasks - added by the owner.

Wednesday new girl decides she wants the big office that was vacated on Tuesday - ummm - nope - don't think so. As receptionist she needs to be a bit closer to the damn door.

Today she appears in my office and sits down to tell me that - it hurt her feelings that S and I were talking behind closed doors and she thinks she should be involved. I told her that S and I have to meet confidentially to discuss HR and payroll matters. She repeated the same complaint 4 times. Even continuing after I told her I had to do something right away for the owner.

So after getting her out of my office she went to S and said she was going to the owner to tell him that I hurt her feelings because S and I sometimes talk behind closed doors.

She is still within her 90 day probation period, wants the best office in the suite, already wants a raise, and cannot do anything completely or correctly which forces S and me to check everything she does.

This is a good opportunity as you can see by S. In a year she went from clerk to HR manager. And got a substantial raise in the process. Instead we get whiny, emo shit on a nearly daily basis. I am afraid she is going to have to go and we will have to find someone with some sense who would appreciate the chance.

Goddamn, some days I hate people.

Wow. What amazing entitlement. Facepalm

She needs to go. It would be a kindness to explain it to her in writing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Writing might be the way to go because she doesn't understand the spoken word.

Luckily, we can let her go in the first 90 days for any or no reason so I don't have to worry too much about documentation.

S and I have been frustrated with her for the last month but have been hoping for signs of improvement...that aren't happening. UGH!

And yeah, Chas, I was thinking the same thing - overblown sense of entitlement.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 06:56 PM
(07-08-2014 06:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 03:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Really? Even without a root canal?

Yup. I'm not a dentist, but the pain of a cracked tooth is obviated by a crown.
There should be no need of a root canal unless the tooth is cracked all the way down below the gum line to the root.

You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. The fractures are small (she said there was more than one) probably caused from me clenching my teeth when I sleep.

I'm learning to relax my jaw...
(yes husband has offered to help with that -- don't ask)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Quote:I'm learning to relax my jaw...
(yes husband has offered to help with that -- don't ask)

Typical Drinking Beverage lol

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
07-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I assume he means with a sedative....

...or not.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 08:29 PM
So my brother threw the controller at my elbow because I asked for the xbox. He said "Here have it!" while throwing it. After that I did not want to play xbox anymore.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-08-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm so tired I could puke. Sleepy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Ok...I pulled a kid thing...

I saw some chocolate milk in the fridge and drank it from the carton (in all fairness, it was almost empty and didn't want to dirty a glass for a mouthful).

Since I can drink cold things, I didn't think it would be a problem.

Omg I saw stars...the pain shot through the tooth...

I cried.

The pain finally subsided. I dunno if it was the cold milk, the chocolate or sugar.
I cannot live a life without chocolate.

Weeping

08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
(07-08-2014 11:44 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm so tired I could puke. Sleepy

Hug

*hands you a hot toddy and blanket*

08-08-2014, 04:55 AM
I'm tripping balls right now.
I've got my hood up and I'm moving my head around in a circle whilst keeping my body still and the hood is moving exactly with my head.
This must be what bobble heads feel like.
triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipy.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post