• 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-08-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Ranting corner
My phone got a bath in the washing machine today. DodgySadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 04:55 PM
(08-08-2014 10:35 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My phone got a bath in the washing machine today. DodgySadcryface

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Finally had time today to put together my PC and play games. Got to unpacking my pc and when I went to plug in my monitor into my tower, I noticed the DVI adapter didn't fit. Looked at it and one of the pongs somehow bent. Went to get best buy for a new vgu to dvi adapter but when I hooked it up, my monitor still says "hey no signal well I'm gonna sleep now bye bye!" I did install a graphics card a year ago and the adapter that came with it was the one that I got looks slightly different (has less prongs in the middle) but when I showed the original to the guy and said, "hey this looks different" he said "well it should still work because it has the essential prongs on it" so idk if my card is picky or if I need to go into BIOS somehow and tell it that it's right (which if i can't get signal for the monitor I don't think I can) or what. All I know is that tablet I bought about a week ago is becoming increasingly useful to me. Oh yes,Samsung Galaxy, mama loves you as long as you don't break or do weird shit. Same thing to you, 3DS!

[Image: notagain.gif]
08-08-2014, 05:17 PM
(08-08-2014 10:35 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My phone got a bath in the washing machine today. DodgySadcryface

Put it in an airtight container with some rice.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-08-2014, 05:00 AM
(08-08-2014 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Put it in an airtight container with some rice.

Yep thats just what I did. I listened to it vibrate slowly to death in the bag of rice too. Poor thing. Lol 3 days maybe it will rise from the dead.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-08-2014, 05:04 AM
(09-08-2014 05:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Put it in an airtight container with some rice.

Yep thats just what I did. I listened to it vibrate slowly to death in the bag of rice too. Poor thing. Lol 3 days maybe it will rise from the dead.

Maybe you can have phone stir fry Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-08-2014, 08:09 AM
(08-08-2014 05:14 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Finally had time today to put together my PC and play games. Got to unpacking my pc and when I went to plug in my monitor into my tower, I noticed the DVI adapter didn't fit. Looked at it and one of the pongs somehow bent. Went to get best buy for a new vgu to dvi adapter but when I hooked it up, my monitor still says "hey no signal well I'm gonna sleep now bye bye!" I did install a graphics card a year ago and the adapter that came with it was the one that I got looks slightly different (has less prongs in the middle) but when I showed the original to the guy and said, "hey this looks different" he said "well it should still work because it has the essential prongs on it" so idk if my card is picky or if I need to go into BIOS somehow and tell it that it's right (which if i can't get signal for the monitor I don't think I can) or what. All I know is that tablet I bought about a week ago is becoming increasingly useful to me. Oh yes,Samsung Galaxy, mama loves you as long as you don't break or do weird shit. Same thing to you, 3DS!

DVI cables can pass analog or digital signals. VGA is analog; only a certain pinset is used for analog transmission. The digital signals can be single or dual channel; only dual channel uses the whole pinset. Any DVI head can pass analog video.

[Image: DVI_Connector_Types.svg]

What did it look like?

... this is my signature!
09-08-2014, 08:10 AM
(09-08-2014 05:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Put it in an airtight container with some rice.

If you're feeling ambitious, get a replacement of the same model. Then you can disassemble them and test components individually. It's very likely that only the screen is busted in any case; if it was still vibrating there was still board activity.

... this is my signature!
09-08-2014, 02:33 PM
It's cold (I'm at my parents), I got awoken for the second time in a row at ungodly hours of the morning by a crying baby, I'm sleeping on the couch, the little doggy enjoys walking over all over me (ouch), I'm too tall for the couch, it's cold as balls, I need to pee.
09-08-2014, 02:40 PM
People just amaze me when they systematically demonstrate how stupid they really are...all while trying to prove how smart they think they're being.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces