Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-08-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-08-2014 08:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 05:14 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Finally had time today to put together my PC and play games. Got to unpacking my pc and when I went to plug in my monitor into my tower, I noticed the DVI adapter didn't fit. Looked at it and one of the pongs somehow bent. Went to get best buy for a new vgu to dvi adapter but when I hooked it up, my monitor still says "hey no signal well I'm gonna sleep now bye bye!" I did install a graphics card a year ago and the adapter that came with it was the one that I got looks slightly different (has less prongs in the middle) but when I showed the original to the guy and said, "hey this looks different" he said "well it should still work because it has the essential prongs on it" so idk if my card is picky or if I need to go into BIOS somehow and tell it that it's right (which if i can't get signal for the monitor I don't think I can) or what. All I know is that tablet I bought about a week ago is becoming increasingly useful to me. Oh yes,Samsung Galaxy, mama loves you as long as you don't break or do weird shit. Same thing to you, 3DS!

DVI cables can pass analog or digital signals. VGA is analog; only a certain pinset is used for analog transmission. The digital signals can be single or dual channel; only dual channel uses the whole pinset. Any DVI head can pass analog video.

[Image: DVI_Connector_Types.svg]

What did it look like?

My original looked like the second to the top one but the one I bought looked more like the one on the bottom. Actually, I found one that's just like my original but I can't get it to go down all the way. The end without the - I can get to go but I can't get the end with the - to go down enough to even screw it in. I'm partly deciding it's the full moon causing my bad luck Dodgy

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 05:35 PM
While doing grocery shopping today, saw a little stand that was there for no other reason than to display "God is not Dead" DVDs for sale. There was only one left on the shelf Facepalm at least if I'm living around so many people who would buy this movie, they're never talking about it.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
10-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm tired, Girly!

[Image: ThickHeadedBanner+copy.jpg]

I need a beer!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-08-2014, 07:41 PM
(10-08-2014 05:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  While doing grocery shopping today, saw a little stand that was there for no other reason than to display "God is not Dead" DVDs for sale. There was only one left on the shelf Facepalm at least if I'm living around so many people who would buy this movie, they're never talking about it.

I saw that movie on demand.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-08-2014, 07:59 PM
(10-08-2014 07:41 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 05:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  While doing grocery shopping today, saw a little stand that was there for no other reason than to display "God is not Dead" DVDs for sale. There was only one left on the shelf Facepalm at least if I'm living around so many people who would buy this movie, they're never talking about it.

I saw that movie on demand.

It's a comedy right? Thumbsup

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-08-2014, 07:59 PM
(10-08-2014 07:38 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm tired, Girly!

I need a beer!

After seeing what you both been posting, I'd buy you both a beer. If anything else, I'll drink my ale on your behalf.

[+] 3 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
10-08-2014, 08:01 PM
(10-08-2014 07:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 07:41 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I saw that movie on demand.

It's a comedy right? Thumbsup

This movie would make muslims and atheist come together for one day just to beat the crap out of christianity.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-08-2014, 08:05 PM
(10-08-2014 07:59 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  

I need a beer!

After seeing what you both been posting, I'd buy you both a beer. If anything else, I'll drink my ale on your behalf.
Here, here! Cheers!

(10-08-2014 08:01 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 07:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's a comedy right? Thumbsup

This movie would make muslims and atheist come together for one day just to beat the crap out of christianity.

Laugh out load Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
(10-08-2014 08:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 07:59 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  After seeing what you both been posting, I'd buy you both a beer. If anything else, I'll drink my ale on your behalf.
Here, here! Cheers!

(10-08-2014 08:01 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This movie would make muslims and atheist come together for one day just to beat the crap out of christianity.

Laugh out load Heart

Cheers! *taps glass*

And should that day come, I'd gladly buy some halah food for us all to share!

[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
10-08-2014, 08:21 PM
(10-08-2014 07:59 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  

I need a beer!

Dawww Blush Thanx Shy
But it's all good Smile
Just poured myself a couple of Miller High Lifes into this mug big enough to accommodate a butt-load of beer Big Grin
The mug has written on it's side:

Western Missouri
Medical Center
Your Partner for Health

I can feel the healthy rejuvenation of every gulp Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post