Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-08-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(24-08-2014 07:48 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 06:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its still mild enough I'm not on meds. They just have me coming in once a week for checks. Supposed to rest as much as possible and keep my feel elevated.

BTDT, I progressed to the HELLP stage. It was very scary for me, baby and daddy.

If you feel discomfort, of any kind, go to the ER! I was a month out, felt discomfort on one side, kinda where your bra goes around your chest. I thought it might be heartburn but the Zantac wasn't having any effect. Liver was swelling, blood pressure was sky high (although I didn't know till I was at hospital) Luckily I didn't progress to seizures. I had emergency c section under general anesthesia, was on the magnesium sulfate IV for days. It's a nasty med to be on.

I don't say it to scare you, but please know that it can be very, very serious medical condition.

Hug

Dont worry I am very aware. Ive spoken in detail with the doctor. I am scared. But I'm trying not to let that get to me. Luckily it doesnt appear to have done anything to hobbit. She got an 8/8 on her biophyiscal scan. I'm more worried about her than me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
25-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Ohhhhh!!!! I almost forgot.
So I usually go to the grocery store around 11-12 in the morning because that time satisfies my ability to sleep in with being able to buy fresh pizza bread. I do this nearly every day. Today was different, I had some 2minute noodles for lunch instead because I felt lazy and wanted to play xbox. WELL... two dudes got fucking shot, as in with a motherfucking gun, right at the spot where I walk at the time in which I fucking walk it... WTF! Of all the times to not go I HAD to choose this one and miss that shit???? God damn I am one unlucky motherfucker.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
25-08-2014, 12:40 PM
(24-08-2014 06:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 06:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  That has nothing to do with being a good or bad mom, it's a medical condition. Is there medication they can give you?? You're due pretty soon aren't you?

Its still mild enough I'm not on meds. They just have me coming in once a week for checks. Supposed to rest as much as possible and keep my feel elevated.

The last month you feel like a cow. There is no position that's comfortable and breathing is a chore. Do you have family that is helping you out so you don't get so tired? When the baby is born you'll need someone to help you for the first few weeks. If someone can cook several dinners that can be frozen and reheated it really nice.

Wishing you the best!Hug also hugs for the baby....Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-08-2014, 04:25 PM
(25-08-2014 12:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  o you have family that is helping you out so you don't get so tired? When the baby is born you'll need someone to help you for the first few weeks. If someone can cook several dinners that can be frozen and reheated it really nice.

That stuff really happens?!?!?! Help, I mean?!?!?! Blink

With my first they sent me home and said handle it. I had never even changed a diaper before. The fact that she still survives to this day amazes me. There were times that I cried right along with her.

With the second, my mother sent the first one home with me the same day - I was coming out of gestational diabetes and trying to deal with a four year old and an infant. Also got both girls back as soon as I went home with my son.

What is this 'help' you speak of? I have never seen evidence of it. Shocking

You do what you have to do to survive...at least that's been my mantra, out of necessity.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(25-08-2014 04:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 12:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  o you have family that is helping you out so you don't get so tired? When the baby is born you'll need someone to help you for the first few weeks. If someone can cook several dinners that can be frozen and reheated it really nice.

That stuff really happens?!?!?! Help, I mean?!?!?! Blink

With my first they sent me home and said handle it. I had never even changed a diaper before. The fact that she still survives to this day amazes me. There were times that I cried right along with her.

With the second, my mother sent the first one home with me the same day - I was coming out of gestational diabetes and trying to deal with a four year old and an infant. Also got both girls back as soon as I went home with my son.

You do what you have to do to survive...at least that's been my mantra, out of necessity.

It's amazing how times have changed from 40ish years ago.

It's sorta like if you were doing math and before they would give you a problem and tell you go sort it out but now they explain to you the formula and give you a bunch of numbers to plug in and tell you to go sort it out.

We have an organization here that's run by women for women that takes care of first time moms. They do weekly visits and teach the mom (and dad) how to do things like change diapers etc.. and give medical advise and shit. They stay with the parent with varying degree of contact (less and less) for the first 5 years.

We had the same organization when I was a baby but it's certainly changed. For example, when my mother deiced to bottle feed my sister instead of giving her the boob the lady assigned to my mom told her it was a bad idea and that my mom was a bad mother and never visited or contacted my parents again. If they did that now there would be an outcry.

25-08-2014, 10:06 PM
(25-08-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ohhhhh!!!! I almost forgot.
So I usually go to the grocery store around 11-12 in the morning because that time satisfies my ability to sleep in with being able to buy fresh pizza bread. I do this nearly every day. Today was different, I had some 2minute noodles for lunch instead because I felt lazy and wanted to play xbox. WELL... two dudes got fucking shot, as in with a motherfucking gun, right at the spot where I walk at the time in which I fucking walk it... WTF! Of all the times to not go I HAD to choose this one and miss that shit???? God damn I am one unlucky motherfucker.

[Image: heavens.jpg]

It must be a god thing...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-08-2014, 10:20 PM
(25-08-2014 10:06 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ohhhhh!!!! I almost forgot.

[Image: heavens.jpg]

It must be a god thing...

God does love to troll me.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-08-2014, 04:48 AM
(25-08-2014 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 04:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That stuff really happens?!?!?! Help, I mean?!?!?! Blink

It's amazing how times have changed from 40ish years ago.

It's sorta like if you were doing math and before they would give you a problem and tell you go sort it out but now they explain to you the formula and give you a bunch of numbers to plug in and tell you to go sort it out.

We have an organization here that's run by women for women that takes care of first time moms. They do weekly visits and teach the mom (and dad) how to do things like change diapers etc.. and give medical advise and shit. They stay with the parent with varying degree of contact (less and less) for the first 5 years.

We had the same organization when I was a baby but it's certainly changed. For example, when my mother deiced to bottle feed my sister instead of giving her the boob the lady assigned to my mom told her it was a bad idea and that my mom was a bad mother and never visited or contacted my parents again. If they did that now there would be an outcry.

Actually thinking less of women who don't breastfeed is still huge. Especially between moms. Spend a good amount of time on a pregnancy forum and you'll see what I mean.
26-08-2014, 06:17 AM
(26-08-2014 04:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's amazing how times have changed from 40ish years ago.

Actually thinking less of women who don't breastfeed is still huge. Especially between moms. Spend a good amount of time on a pregnancy forum and you'll see what I mean.

Well, it's only because they are heartless, selfish, and cruel. Drinking Beverage

No true mother would bottle-feed. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2014, 07:52 AM
(26-08-2014 06:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 04:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Actually thinking less of women who don't breastfeed is still huge. Especially between moms. Spend a good amount of time on a pregnancy forum and you'll see what I mean.

Well, it's only because they are heartless, selfish, and cruel. Drinking Beverage

No true mother would bottle-feed. No

[Image: 1w58.jpg]