Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-08-2014, 07:29 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-08-2014 10:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Overlooked some assignments in my planner and had to rush to have them turned in by midnight tonight. My friend reminded me at 11pm and I hadn't done any of the three that were due tonight. I only got two of the three turned in. Way to go Ferd... you're doing so well in college already.

My approach to this was to do at least an hour or two's work on any new assignment on the day it is handed out. That way you have a proper sense of the amount of work needed to finish it and have already made a start by the time you decide to get down into the meat of it. Good luck with it all.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
28-08-2014, 07:34 AM
So back to class and I found the secular organization on campus (finally). So why rant?

There are no less than four campus ministries advertising with their little booths on the library lawn. They have chalked ads all over the sidewalks throughout campus. You know where the secular student organization booth is? Hidden away in a back room in the student union. They aren't allowed to put a booth on the library lawn, and they don't have any chalked ads through the campus. The only way I found them is by looking on the national page of the Secular Student Alliance website, where they have a link.

I have to be somewhat offended by this. I understand that this is a southern state, and that it is HEAVILY Christian, but that the secular group can't advertise in the same way a Christian organization on campus can simply BECAUSE it is a secular/atheist group is deplorable.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
28-08-2014, 08:28 AM
(27-08-2014 09:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 08:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Jesus Christ people, its a hospital, not a brothel. Stop wearing so much cologne. It can actually cause HARM to patients. Instead of dowsing yourself in 8 sprays of Abercrombie or Chanel Blue, try taking a shower. Thanks.

I'd like to say that's a good rule for most other places too. There are a couple women in the building where I work that wear so much cologne that my sinuses cease working if I get on the elevator too soon after them. UGH! Clean is a perfectly acceptable scent.

Ah, now you're taking me back to the bad old days of high school...

Axe. Axe everywhere.

Couple wings where it was hard to breathe on a hot day!

... this is my signature!
28-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Trying to find something I typed on my laptop (a song and a bunch of lines) but can't find where I put the damn file. Dodgy
Bet I deleted it... Pisses me off, it wasn't half bad either.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Oh nevermind, you can call off the search party, everyone can calm the fuck down. Found it.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Rolleyes FB argument about religion. How the fuck did I manage to get sucked into this... oh well, will see how we do.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-08-2014, 06:27 PM
(28-08-2014 08:28 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 09:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'd like to say that's a good rule for most other places too. There are a couple women in the building where I work that wear so much cologne that my sinuses cease working if I get on the elevator too soon after them. UGH! Clean is a perfectly acceptable scent.

Axe. Axe everywhere.

Oh lordy lordy, do I know that feel!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-08-2014, 06:30 PM
(28-08-2014 08:28 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 09:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'd like to say that's a good rule for most other places too. There are a couple women in the building where I work that wear so much cologne that my sinuses cease working if I get on the elevator too soon after them. UGH! Clean is a perfectly acceptable scent.

Axe. Axe everywhere.

Axe is of the devil.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2014, 11:16 PM
(29-08-2014 06:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 08:28 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Ah, now you're taking me back to the bad old days of high school...

Axe. Axe everywhere.

Axe is of the devil.

Axe is of evil...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Ranting corner
(23-08-2014 09:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Was coming home from the movie Thursday night about 9:15. Cop pulled me over just as I pulled into the subdivision.

Steadily shines flashlight in my eyes while asking for my license and insurance but wouldn't tell me what I had done. I think he has been a cop for about two weeks. What a jerk this guy was.

Goes back to his car and apparently runs my license to find out that I am not on any terrorist list or any FBI top ten list. Comes back to continue his assholery and says he is giving me a verbal warning for driving 4 miles over the speed limit. How I did that taking the nearly hairpin turn is beyond me - it's not like I was up on two wheels or anything.

Yeah - don't worry about the drag racers in the neighborhood or the people that throw their homemade pipes and empty beer cans in my yard. A 57 year old woman driving home at 9:15 pm on a week night in an HHR is a much bigger threat. Dodgy

Hope he learns how to handle his new-found power.

You're 57?! I know I've mentioned this before; but had you pegged as 23-25, Anjele.

There are several patrol cops in my neck of the woods. One is obviously gay, according to the wife, I hadn't noticed until she pointed it out. Reason I even mention it is he's professional and curt to the extreme until you get him talking, and then extremely nice and personable. I'm in a particularly homophobic county.

Anyway, we've gotten to know this particular cop and several other "beat patrol" cops in our neighborhood. On the other end of the cop spectrum, I also know the cop who has pulled me over at 10 pm on a weekend for pulling in to the local high school to make a safe u-turn back to the house, because I had forgotten something.

I've lived here 10+ years, and drove a nice car at the time. That particular cop pulled me over for an "illegal left turn," ran my license and registration, so he knew I was a resident of the fairly affluent area above the high school; and still kept me detained for almost a full hour, asking ridiculous questions about my car: eg, whether my clear license plate cover was to "deflect" camera speed traps (doesn't even work, see Mythbusters), why I was missing a front plate, and whether the street legal PIAA HyperWhite bulbs in the "reverse" portion of my tail lights were "Illegal Blue Turn Signal Bulbs," even though I'd presented him the documentation from my glove box showing they were street legal.

Not to mention the fact that this particular cop was looking right at the tail lights of my car, and calling the clear parts "turn signals," when any layperson knows that on an all-red tail light, the clear portion is the REVERSE indicator, not the "turn signal."

To keep this in context, 75% of the vehicles in my area, including high school and college kids, are luxury sedans with no front license plate, and illegal body, lighting or engine modifications.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes