Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-08-2014, 05:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-08-2014 04:12 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You're 57?! I know I've mentioned this before; but had you pegged as 23-25, Anjele.

Well, I either need to work on sounding a bit more like my age or I need to send you a check...is that "rampant.a.i." or should I make it out another way? I hate to send cash through the mail. Rolleyes

Have I told you that I think I love you - I am adding you to my will. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-08-2014, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 06:12 AM by Anjele.)
(30-08-2014 04:12 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 09:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Was coming home from the movie Thursday night about 9:15. Cop pulled me over just as I pulled into the subdivision.

Steadily shines flashlight in my eyes while asking for my license and insurance but wouldn't tell me what I had done. I think he has been a cop for about two weeks. What a jerk this guy was.

Goes back to his car and apparently runs my license to find out that I am not on any terrorist list or any FBI top ten list. Comes back to continue his assholery and says he is giving me a verbal warning for driving 4 miles over the speed limit. How I did that taking the nearly hairpin turn is beyond me - it's not like I was up on two wheels or anything.

Yeah - don't worry about the drag racers in the neighborhood or the people that throw their homemade pipes and empty beer cans in my yard. A 57 year old woman driving home at 9:15 pm on a week night in an HHR is a much bigger threat. Dodgy

Hope he learns how to handle his new-found power.

You're 57?! I know I've mentioned this before; but had you pegged as 23-25, Anjele.

There are several patrol cops in my neck of the woods. One is obviously gay, according to the wife, I hadn't noticed until she pointed it out. Reason I even mention it is he's professional and curt to the extreme until you get him talking, and then extremely nice and personable. I'm in a particularly homophobic county.

Anyway, we've gotten to know this particular cop and several other "beat patrol" cops in our neighborhood. On the other end of the cop spectrum, I also know the cop who has pulled me over at 10 pm on a weekend for pulling in to the local high school to make a safe u-turn back to the house, because I had forgotten something.

I've lived here 10+ years, and drove a nice car at the time. That particular cop pulled me over for an "illegal left turn," ran my license and registration, so he knew I was a resident of the fairly affluent area above the high school; and still kept me detained for almost a full hour, asking ridiculous questions about my car: eg, whether my clear license plate cover was to "deflect" camera speed traps (doesn't even work, see Mythbusters), why I was missing a front plate, and whether the street legal PIAA HyperWhite bulbs in the "reverse" portion of my tail lights were "Illegal Blue Turn Signal Bulbs," even though I'd presented him the documentation from my glove box showing they were street legal.

Not to mention the fact that this particular cop was looking right at the tail lights of my car, and calling the clear parts "turn signals," when any layperson knows that on an all-red tail light, the clear portion is the REVERSE indicator, not the "turn signal."

To keep this in context, 75% of the vehicles in my area, including high school and college kids, are luxury sedans with no front license plate, and illegal body, lighting or engine modifications.

The subdivision I live in is what I would call the second wave of building in this town. We are the in the second part of the town as far as residential areas that were developed some 30-50 years ago. Most of the people around here are retired or close to retirement. We have few young kids and even fewer teens. There is a specific demographic here and it's one that is not likely to be wild and careless. I have lived here eight years and that was the first time I have even been stopped by the police other than one that stopped me to let me know that my brake lights were out. Nice to know since I can't see the back of my car when I put on the brakes. He stopped me for safety reasons and was quite pleasant about the whole thing.

Dirty Harry Jr. needs to calm the fuck down and get over himself. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-08-2014, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2014 03:15 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I log in as my online gaming character to have a fun grind, when someone in chat just had to once again share how random guild invites hurt their feelings.
"It's so rude how they never talk to me first."
"OMFG. What a bunch of holes! All they care about is the numbers."
QQ Blah blah!

If they don't like it, here's a solution!
escape on key board
Click Settings with mouse.
Click misc.
Click in the little check mark box "Automatically decline all guild invitations"
Then when someone talks to them for an invite, they can uncheck and join!

Hobo

I wander something here. Are those the same "universal" etiquette people that think they're perfect ladies on the telephone? Like when you say "hello" to answer the telephone ring, but they say "hello?" like you didn't get heard? Nah! That would be too ironic.
31-08-2014, 03:24 PM
To my husband- if you are going to hang out at the neighbors on a holiday weekend then text me that they want to grill out together, ask me to pull some chicken out of the freezer, then when I tell you that we don't have enough for our family of four to eat, let alone to share with others, then when I offer to go to the store you tell me nevermind. I am left wondering WTF we are doing for dinner!!

Then when I ask, you mention all these foods that we both know I find disgusting ( hot dogs and brats) and I tell you that now I am going to do the store so the kids and I can eat too.

Don't tell me to RELAX when I get home from the store and you start saying that you don't know if they have hot dogs.

Yes, I've had enough of your dumb shittery planning for one meal, ESPECIALLY after we split up this morning and went to different grocery stores to do shopping based on the list you created

Mother fuck it hate it when my husband tries to plan. Hobo

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
31-08-2014, 03:28 PM
(31-08-2014 03:24 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  To my husband- if you are going to hang out at the neighbors on a holiday weekend then text me that they want to grill out together, ask me to pull some chicken out of the freezer, then when I tell you that we don't have enough for our family of four to eat, let alone to share with others, then when I offer to go to the store you tell me nevermind. I am left wondering WTF we are doing for dinner!!

Then when I ask, ...

Your mistake was in asking. ManylGirl ain't asked in decades. "Shut the fuck up and eat it fatboy." Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Why are so many people so easily butt hurt about things that have absolutely nothing to do with spite anyway? It's swiftly annoying to me.
"Oh my gosh, so and so sounded angry when he banged his knee. The nerve!"
"You said yes while raising your pitch! How dare you!" And if they can't help it?
"That Wal-Mart employee didn't say 'have a nice day' when I left. Humf! RACIST!"

'sarcastic' There there. I know it's so lonely and so very hard for you. Those of us who used to get bullied through school, chewed out over our confident speech, lost friends for reasons beyond our control, were ignored as idiots, and avoid a bite fest like the plague should all just give your poor little torso a deep hug of the purest sympathy. You most assuredly have it harder than everyone else.

'SIGH'
Thanks again for this thread.
31-08-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm home and running around doing laundry and collecting the massive amounts of school supplies for my kid.

I need a vacation...Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-08-2014, 07:42 PM
(31-08-2014 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm home and running around doing laundry and collecting the massive amounts of school supplies for my kid.

Vacation? nah, sounds like you just need your kids to hurry up and be 18 so you can kick them out.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-08-2014, 07:56 PM
(31-08-2014 07:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm home and running around doing laundry and collecting the massive amounts of school supplies for my kid.

Vacation? nah, sounds like you just need your kids to hurry up and be 18 so you can kick them out.

One of my sons is 20. But he's in college full time, so we let him live here.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Braxton Hicks.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post