Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2014, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 10:16 AM by LadyJane.)
RE: Ranting corner
(12-09-2014 10:07 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Really?

Yes'm! Eye on the sky!

ETA: also your GPS and radio may be temporarily disturbed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
12-09-2014, 02:20 PM
So I had this bogus homework assignment for my speech class due today, and the directions were to interview a person of another culture about their culture. I had to think of a bunch of questions to ask (or more like google questions I could ask) and document the answers.

My first problem was finding someone of another culture, so I decided to Skype Vosur.

Needless to say, all of the answers I received I had to tweak because they were all references about "throwing rocks at Jews and other minorities" or "having holidays where we burn Jews at the stake."

Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
12-09-2014, 02:27 PM
(12-09-2014 02:20 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So I had this bogus homework assignment for my speech class due today, and the directions were to interview a person of another culture about their culture. I had to think of a bunch of questions to ask (or more like google questions I could ask) and document the answers.

My first problem was finding someone of another culture, so I decided to Skype Vosur.

Needless to say, all of the answers I received I had to tweak because they were all references about "throwing rocks at Jews and other minorities" or "having holidays where we burn Jews at the stake."

Facepalm

You interviewed a german what did you expect to hear?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
12-09-2014, 02:38 PM
(11-09-2014 04:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I fucking hate photobucket so goddamn fucking much!! Angry i have to use it tho to post ANY picture on here!

Upload a photo. While selecting it from my album, the photo is right side up. Upload photo, and once it's done... The picture is upside down, but the thumbnail shows right side up. Weird... Try putting it in a post, hit preview post, picture is upside down.

Ok... Go back to photo, click rotate right, and rotate right a second time to flip it. Picture still looks upside down, and so does the thumbnail now. Try using the new link in the preview post again, still upside down. Sure, makes sense I guess, even though my flipping should have put it right side up, at least everything else is consistent.

Ok.... Go back to photo, rotate right, rotate right to flip AGAIN. aha!!! Now the picture and the thumbnail are right side up, success! Collect the new direct link update my post, click preview post... Still fucking upside down Angry

Wtf?!???!??!

[/rant]

This is the reason I stopped using photobucket. Every damn time.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
12-09-2014, 02:52 PM
(12-09-2014 10:08 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 10:07 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Really?

Yes'm! Eye on the sky!

ETA: also your GPS and radio may be temporarily disturbed.

Oooh I'm going to be looking...

I hope I can see it. Smile

Husby gets home from work around midnight -- and it's Friday night so I'll be up.

Someone might need to keep me awake until then tho. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-09-2014, 02:53 PM
AW: RE: Ranting corner
(11-09-2014 04:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I fucking hate photobucket so goddamn fucking much!! Angry i have to use it tho to post ANY picture on here!

Upload a photo. While selecting it from my album, the photo is right side up. Upload photo, and once it's done... The picture is upside down, but the thumbnail shows right side up. Weird... Try putting it in a post, hit preview post, picture is upside down.

Ok... Go back to photo, click rotate right, and rotate right a second time to flip it. Picture still looks upside down, and so does the thumbnail now. Try using the new link in the preview post again, still upside down. Sure, makes sense I guess, even though my flipping should have put it right side up, at least everything else is consistent.

Ok.... Go back to photo, rotate right, rotate right to flip AGAIN. aha!!! Now the picture and the thumbnail are right side up, success! Collect the new direct link update my post, click preview post... Still fucking upside down Angry

Wtf?!???!??!

[/rant]
Have you tried using imgur? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-09-2014, 04:19 PM
(12-09-2014 02:20 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So I had this bogus homework assignment for my speech class due today, and the directions were to interview a person of another culture about their culture. I had to think of a bunch of questions to ask (or more like google questions I could ask) and document the answers.

Facepalm

This must be the standard speech class assignment. I had to do the same thing last year. Luckily there was a guy in class from Korea so I was able to interview him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-09-2014, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 05:01 PM by Chas.)

Facepalm

How odd. Consider I didn't know Latvians felt that way.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2014, 04:31 PM
(12-09-2014 02:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Wtf?!???!??!

[/rant]
Have you tried using imgur? Consider

Just tried it, when I do preview post, all I see is a box with a question mark. Weeping I give up, no more photo posting for Emily Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
12-09-2014, 07:41 PM

Facepalm

It hurts me that I was not your first choice.

You disappoint me Ferdy. I will not easily forget this grievance.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post