Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-09-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Cue me whining like a little twat:

So, here's the story: I need to get work experience for one of my courses.
If I don't; I fail the course. Completely. No matter how well I have done or continue to do in that course academically.

Now here's the thing; the teacher of said class has felt the need to basically handball this to the students and gives nobody any sort of advice or assistance; she rarely even peeks in and asks students how things are going with this ever-so-important task. Or at least, she has not helped me in any manner; closest she's gotten has been to occasionally passive-aggressively nag students like myself to 'get a move on' and has yet to inquire as to why we have yet to accomplish this goal.
Now, I realise the goal of this exercise; teach the students self-sufficiency, that's a cool and all but it could be done in a manner which does not require the students' academic futures being risked.

I also realise that I might just seem like a whiny little shit for complaining about these circumstances as I should have done something before, and I really should have, but I do actually have some at least slightly legitimate issues which apparently everybody I know personally feel the need to fob off at every opportunity which seriously inhibit my ability to actually get the task done or even ask for help. Which of course is not assisted by my lack of receiving the help I asked for months ago.

And yes, I have gone and asked at places, and each time I have been summarily cut down under the excuse "We don't have time". That may well be true, but are they really turning down free labour on the premise that time is short? I do know there is a whole mantra about 'the cost of training a new worker is thrice that worker's pay' or something but that doesn't apply here; sure they are investing time but surely I'd take half the time of an actual employee to be trained, and I'm not even costing them money for doing basic menial tasks; my doing said menial tasks would be fucking free!

And while I'm on the topic of my own highly irrational 'issues':
Thanks for trying to understand, collective family. As we lack irony and sarcasm fonts, I'll just use Dodgy to represent that..

As I already said, my family tends to fob off my 'issues' any time they come up as if they are not a serious thing. Sure, I like to make jokes about it, but honestly that is just a method of trying to deal with them! Which apparently nobody gets.

Last time I tried to talk seriously about said issues I compared it to arachnophobia; the irrational fear of spiders. Of course, I am too educated and too self-conscious regarding it to diagnose myself with a phobia, but it is an apt comparison.

I was immediately told "Not liking people is not the same as a fear of spiders." Gee, thanks for minimizing my issues and by connection, myself.

And fuck you too! When my 'dislike' of interacting with others is so bad I experience physiological symptoms when in said scenarios, it's fucking close enough for comparison! When put into those scenarios I 'just don't like', I experience nervousness, nausea, headaches, I could swear my temperature rises and my heart often seems to beat faster and I often start physically looking for a way out; the longer I am in any such sort of situation, the more I focus on it and the worse it seems to become.
That shit is comparable to a legitimate phobia, even if it isn't one.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2014, 09:28 PM
About to make a phone call that could make or break my situation.
I'll probably be so fucking nervous I'll just end up mumbling and sounding like a retarded headless chicken.

Think confidence Muffs. Be the phone!

edit: oh great, after all that they didn't even pick up the damn phone.
14-09-2014, 09:42 PM
(14-09-2014 08:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cue me whining like a little twat:

So, here's the story: I need to get work experience for one of my courses.
If I don't; I fail the course. Completely. No matter how well I have done or continue to do in that course academically.

Now here's the thing; the teacher of said class has felt the need to basically handball this to the students and gives nobody any sort of advice or assistance; she rarely even peeks in and asks students how things are going with this ever-so-important task. Or at least, she has not helped me in any manner; closest she's gotten has been to occasionally passive-aggressively nag students like myself to 'get a move on' and has yet to inquire as to why we have yet to accomplish this goal.
Now, I realise the goal of this exercise; teach the students self-sufficiency, that's a cool and all but it could be done in a manner which does not require the students' academic futures being risked.

I also realise that I might just seem like a whiny little shit for complaining about these circumstances as I should have done something before, and I really should have, but I do actually have some at least slightly legitimate issues which apparently everybody I know personally feel the need to fob off at every opportunity which seriously inhibit my ability to actually get the task done or even ask for help. Which of course is not assisted by my lack of receiving the help I asked for months ago.

And yes, I have gone and asked at places, and each time I have been summarily cut down under the excuse "We don't have time". That may well be true, but are they really turning down free labour on the premise that time is short? I do know there is a whole mantra about 'the cost of training a new worker is thrice that worker's pay' or something but that doesn't apply here; sure they are investing time but surely I'd take half the time of an actual employee to be trained, and I'm not even costing them money for doing basic menial tasks; my doing said menial tasks would be fucking free!

And while I'm on the topic of my own highly irrational 'issues':
Thanks for trying to understand, collective family. As we lack irony and sarcasm fonts, I'll just use Dodgy to represent that..

As I already said, my family tends to fob off my 'issues' any time they come up as if they are not a serious thing. Sure, I like to make jokes about it, but honestly that is just a method of trying to deal with them! Which apparently nobody gets.

Last time I tried to talk seriously about said issues I compared it to arachnophobia; the irrational fear of spiders. Of course, I am too educated and too self-conscious regarding it to diagnose myself with a phobia, but it is an apt comparison.

I was immediately told "Not liking people is not the same as a fear of spiders." Gee, thanks for minimizing my issues and by connection, myself.

And fuck you too! When my 'dislike' of interacting with others is so bad I experience physiological symptoms when in said scenarios, it's fucking close enough for comparison! When put into those scenarios I 'just don't like', I experience nervousness, nausea, headaches, I could swear my temperature rises and my heart often seems to beat faster and I often start physically looking for a way out; the longer I am in any such sort of situation, the more I focus on it and the worse it seems to become.
That shit is comparable to a legitimate phobia, even if it isn't one.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-09-2014, 10:52 PM
I think I finally have it. I think I finally not only understand what I want to do with my life BUT how exactly I am going to get there.
I motherfucking have it. I want to own and operate my own shop which I can build up and expand on and franchise out if it's successful etc.. etc.. I even know exactly what type of shop. However, the biggest issue I had was going from having $0, no vehicle and no job to owning a fucking store. And I've motherfucking got the motherfucking answer. Food trailer. I can set it up for around $10K which I can save on minimum wage in a year (I know because I've done it before) or so. It's fucking portable. It's small enough so that I could do it myself or with 1 other person. I don't need 10 other staff members. It's the perfect fucking market research point that I can later take to the bank and go "this is what I'm doing now, people love my shit, give me money to set up shop bitches". It's a nice little asset that can be built from scratch and sold at a later date if needed (ie: I fail or succeed). I'll be my own fucking boss which is what I want. I can build brand awareness and learn about the market and what does and doesn't work on a small scale as well as learn about the business side of business. It's the perfect fucking stepping stone. It's fucking perfect!!!

So, step 1) get a job and save, step 2) buy a fucking food trailer, step 3) Open a shop, step 4) Open a second shop, step 5) franchise out, step 6) CONQUEROR THE WORLD!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-09-2014, 06:16 AM
I did the most rotten fart.
17-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Oh Jesus Christ I did it again, that'll singe your nose hairs right off.
17-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Erxy logged in 6 days ago.
17-09-2014, 09:06 AM
(16-09-2014 10:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I finally have it. I think I finally not only understand what I want to do with my life BUT how exactly I am going to get there.
I motherfucking have it. I want to own and operate my own shop which I can build up and expand on and franchise out if it's successful etc.. etc.. I even know exactly what type of shop. However, the biggest issue I had was going from having $0, no vehicle and no job to owning a fucking store. And I've motherfucking got the motherfucking answer. Food trailer. I can set it up for around $10K which I can save on minimum wage in a year (I know because I've done it before) or so. It's fucking portable. It's small enough so that I could do it myself or with 1 other person. I don't need 10 other staff members. It's the perfect fucking market research point that I can later take to the bank and go "this is what I'm doing now, people love my shit, give me money to set up shop bitches". It's a nice little asset that can be built from scratch and sold at a later date if needed (ie: I fail or succeed). I'll be my own fucking boss which is what I want. I can build brand awareness and learn about the market and what does and doesn't work on a small scale as well as learn about the business side of business. It's the perfect fucking stepping stone. It's fucking perfect!!!

So, step 1) get a job and save, step 2) buy a fucking food trailer, step 3) Open a shop, step 4) Open a second shop, step 5) franchise out, step 6) CONQUEROR THE WORLD!!!!

I want the sole North American franchise rights.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I can't wait for the 2016 'Pick the Lesser Evil American Label' game show! (not)

Shifty: "Label A or Label B? What's behind label B? B, you say? Todd, let's see what's in store with B!"

Contestant: "I get the same old @#$%. Again!?"

Shifty: "Tisk. Oops. My bad. 'grin' Looks like either of them had very similar prizes. Don't worry. Plenty has been paid for this. Cha-ching! pff pffff-PAHAHAHAH!"

Contestant: "How to get rid of you..." Dodgy
17-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Yesterday husband said that I was lucky that crown hadn't fallen out...

I told him that I've been careful and the dentist said it wouldn't.

So, the temporary crown the dentist swore wouldn't fall out, just did -- while I was very gently brushing my teeth!

It almost made it two weeks...

I'm supposed to go at 1pm to get the permanent crown -- today.

They better not need to give me a shot.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces