Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-09-2014, 01:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-09-2014 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yesterday husband said that I was lucky that crown hadn't fallen out...

I told him that I've been careful and the dentist said it wouldn't.

So, the temporary crown the dentist swore wouldn't fall out, just did -- while I was very gently brushing my teeth!

It almost made it two weeks...

I'm supposed to go at 1pm to get the permanent crown -- today.

They better not need to give me a shot.

Thats crazy.

I have had my temp for.....15 years or something like that? well its a temp filling not a temp crown. I wish I had the money to finish it,.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
17-09-2014, 01:06 PM
(17-09-2014 01:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yesterday husband said that I was lucky that crown hadn't fallen out...

I told him that I've been careful and the dentist said it wouldn't.

So, the temporary crown the dentist swore wouldn't fall out, just did -- while I was very gently brushing my teeth!

It almost made it two weeks...

I'm supposed to go at 1pm to get the permanent crown -- today.

They better not need to give me a shot.

Thats crazy.

I have had my temp for.....15 years or something like that? well its a temp filling not a temp crown. I wish I had the money to finish it,.

There are temporary fillings?

I kinda put the crown back into place...since I only have wait a couple more hours, I'll just have to cope.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Well, it's done. The crown is in.

It feels weird. Dentist said that feeling should pass in a few days.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-09-2014, 05:51 PM
(17-09-2014 09:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 10:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I finally have it. I think I finally not only understand what I want to do with my life BUT how exactly I am going to get there.
I motherfucking have it. I want to own and operate my own shop which I can build up and expand on and franchise out if it's successful etc.. etc.. I even know exactly what type of shop. However, the biggest issue I had was going from having $0, no vehicle and no job to owning a fucking store. And I've motherfucking got the motherfucking answer. Food trailer. I can set it up for around $10K which I can save on minimum wage in a year (I know because I've done it before) or so. It's fucking portable. It's small enough so that I could do it myself or with 1 other person. I don't need 10 other staff members. It's the perfect fucking market research point that I can later take to the bank and go "this is what I'm doing now, people love my shit, give me money to set up shop bitches". It's a nice little asset that can be built from scratch and sold at a later date if needed (ie: I fail or succeed). I'll be my own fucking boss which is what I want. I can build brand awareness and learn about the market and what does and doesn't work on a small scale as well as learn about the business side of business. It's the perfect fucking stepping stone. It's fucking perfect!!!

So, step 1) get a job and save, step 2) buy a fucking food trailer, step 3) Open a shop, step 4) Open a second shop, step 5) franchise out, step 6) CONQUEROR THE WORLD!!!!

I want the sole North American franchise rights.

You can have Canada and the boring states (the ones in the middle). I want the states that will let me get into some sort of trash talk war with the Chick-Fil-A guy.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
18-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Holy fucking shit, you should hear the thunder right now.
The one before the one that just happened was the loudest thunder I've ever heard in my life. It was deafeningly loud.
It started off quiet and rolling and then it just went BWARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! for a good 5 seconds.
Think the lightening prior hit something nearby because I can hear the fire engines now (it's 2:13am).

Normally you see a faint flash followed by quick thunder crack, but this was something else. Lit up the entire cracks in my curtains and the thunder was so loud and lasted for so long.

Annnd that's it. Two massive bolts of lightening and two insanely loud, long lasting, cracks of thunder. Quiet as shit now, just some light rain.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-09-2014, 08:45 AM
(17-09-2014 05:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 09:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  I want the sole North American franchise rights.

You can have Canada and the boring states (the ones in the middle). I want the states that will let me get into some sort of trash talk war with the Chick-Fil-A guy.

Sorry, the boring states and the Chik-Fil-A states are pretty much the same states.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2014, 03:42 PM
This is a sucky day. Crazy busy at work all week. Worked half the day then had two - count them - TWO - dental appointments. If there is a hell it involves multiple dental appointments in the same day.

Now off to the vet. Karm was apparently bitten by some insect and it's become infected.

Thank the calendar tomorrow is Friday. Eeeegads. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-09-2014, 03:45 PM
(18-09-2014 03:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This is a sucky day. Crazy busy at work all week. Worked half the day then had two - count them - TWO - dental appointments. If there is a hell it involves multiple dental appointments in the same day.

Now off to the vet. Karm was apparently bitten by some insect and it's become infected.

Thank the calendar tomorrow is Friday. Eeeegads. Censored

Sucks here too
(Hug)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
19-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I hate how my brain likes to bring up the past and remind me of other peoples' expectations! Today's special little annoyance comes from the last time I was in a college concert choir years ago. I in fact sang with the rest of the class. I was usually a tiny bit horse voiced after these concerts. The camera guy was supposed to be filming everybody. I was positioned a little sideways. He moved it to the teacher, then back across the group and settled on me. Zoomed in twice, in fact! It wasn't the most high quality shot, and he was on the other side of the seats. (It wasn't a super small theater room either. It's nice, I thought.)

He held it there for an annoying amount of time, then went across the group again. Then he had brought the focus back to yours truly, zoomed in again for a length of time and then stopped that finally. We sat in the middle of class watching this. It was like the camera troll was basically telling everyone.

"HEY! See this one right here? Yeah. That one. See how she's not opening her mouth wide enough? SEE? Look at the lack of motion in comparison. LOOK AT IT! Look at the tiny mouthed loser, folks! She can't move it as much as the rest of you. Why the hell is that in the group anyway? Wow. What an obvious idiot." This same tape will have no doubt been placed with the other archived tapes at the school! Angry

I was also in a swimming class once where we were allowed to use the water slide on the last day. I had climbed the ladder to go down the second time, and this girl just kept bothering me for a bit. If I wanted out of it so badly, why would I go again!? You lay down on the slide, and if I'm not mistaken, you look toward your feet, and not at the ceiling. We had an angle issue there, but this time I was pretty much labeled chicken and was forced to look at her and the dumb ceiling instead of where I had wanted.

"Are you scared? It's just a slide. If you at least open your eyes and see everything, you might enjoy it a little differently." All the way up the three story ladder. 'groan'
20-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Angry damn kids, every fucking weekend it's some sort of major drama! AngryAngry

If you don't have kids and are happy in life, Don't fall for the " when are you going to have kids? It's about time, oh you'll make a great parent, they bring such joy to your life" line of shit that people who have already jumped off the cliff of no return says to you.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller