Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-09-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-09-2014 08:07 AM)Filox Wrote:  ---
It took us for such a blast-ride, it's taking me 2 full days to get myself back together.
---
Big Grin

HA! Dearest Filox; you rekindle fond recollections of my own acid infused adventures. Thumbsup But please make certain you restore your body's health. Acid literally sucks the vitamins and electrolytes from your body and brain - this is what can seriously effect the brain in the long run.

Heart Be safe, man - bulk up on those vitamins and electrolytes - lots of fruits & green veggies - folic acid and potassium - try one of those mega B vitamins - serious nutrition attention will help the body and brain recover.

I would request a sample ... for scientific purposes, of course... but as you know, I live in a backward, superstitious, foreign land. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2014, 09:43 AM
(22-09-2014 09:16 AM)kim Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:07 AM)Filox Wrote:  ---
It took us for such a blast-ride, it's taking me 2 full days to get myself back together.
---
Big Grin

HA! Dearest Filox; you rekindle fond recollections of my own acid infused adventures. Thumbsup But please make certain you restore your body's health. Acid literally sucks the vitamins and electrolytes from your body and brain - this is what can seriously effect the brain in the long run.

Heart Be safe, man - bulk up on those vitamins and electrolytes - lots of fruits & green veggies - folic acid and potassium - try one of those mega B vitamins - serious nutrition attention will help the body and brain recover.

I would request a sample ... for scientific purposes, of course... but as you know, I live in a backward, superstitious, foreign land. Dodgy

Too small a sample size - include me, too.Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2014, 11:12 AM
- Yeah, but what are electrolytes?
- That's what plans need! Dummy!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
22-09-2014, 03:46 PM
(22-09-2014 11:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  - Yeah, but what are electrolytes?
- That's what plans need! Dummy!

Big Grin

Laugh out load Brawndo... It's what plants crave, it's got ... Um... Unsure electrolytes and shit Laugh out load Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
22-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Seen on the way home - bumper sticker -

I'm a Christian and I vote.

Facepalm

Whoopdefuckingdoo. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Wanna know what really irritates me?! When I'm really wound up by something, but I know that objectively I can't justify it. Not I can't explain it, I know exactly why I'm wound up, but can't objectively justify it. Kinda an emotional and subjective wound up, not a rational one. I don't mind it so much when I have a legitimate and justifiable reason to be wound up because I can fume to myself and rant to others about it, but I can't do that when I know if anyone's being unreasonable then it's me. Also, as someone who prided themselves on their rationality, I feel like I should be better then succumb to an emotional reaction like this.

Anyway, rant over for now.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
22-09-2014, 05:47 PM
(22-09-2014 05:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Wanna know what really irritates me?! When I'm really wound up by something, but I know that objectively I can't justify it. Not I can't explain it, I know exactly why I'm wound up, but can't objectively justify it. Kinda an emotional and subjective wound up, not a rational one. I don't mind it so much when I have a legitimate and justifiable reason to be wound up because I can fume to myself and rant to others about it, but I can't do that when I know if anyone's being unreasonable then it's me. Also, as someone who prided themselves on their rationality, I feel like I should be better then succumb to an emotional reaction like this.

Sounds like your period, mine always does that Shy

No seriously, I've heard men experience monthly mood swings similar to pms, anyone else heard that? Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-09-2014, 05:55 PM
(22-09-2014 05:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 05:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Wanna know what really irritates me?! When I'm really wound up by something, but I know that objectively I can't justify it. Not I can't explain it, I know exactly why I'm wound up, but can't objectively justify it. Kinda an emotional and subjective wound up, not a rational one. I don't mind it so much when I have a legitimate and justifiable reason to be wound up because I can fume to myself and rant to others about it, but I can't do that when I know if anyone's being unreasonable then it's me. Also, as someone who prided themselves on their rationality, I feel like I should be better then succumb to an emotional reaction like this.

No seriously, I've heard men experience monthly mood swings similar to pms, anyone else heard that? Consider

Similar to PMS? Consider Nothing is similar to PMS. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2014, 07:49 PM
(22-09-2014 05:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

I think it's more a case of me being a jackass who can't control his emotions. It's a personal weakness of mine, for want of a better word (though I imagine most people wouldn't be able to recognise that they even were being irrational so at least I'm not as bad as those people Big Grin).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-09-2014, 07:50 PM

Hug

dumbass.