Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-09-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Five years ago today I got the test results back. It was breast cancer. All I could do when the doctor told me (on the phone) was try to remember how to breathe.

I have been unsettled all day. That diagnosis and all that has followed has just fucked with my head and my body. Five years later - I am tired of it all looming over me every minute of every day.

Fuck!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2014, 07:38 PM
(29-09-2014 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Five years ago today I got the test results back. It was breast cancer. All I could do when the doctor told me (on the phone) was try to remember how to breathe.

I have been unsettled all day. That diagnosis and all that has followed has just fucked with my head and my body. Five years later - I am tired of it all looming over me every minute of every day.

Fuck!

Sad Hug Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-09-2014, 07:56 PM
(29-09-2014 07:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You'd think I would learn my lesson with this camping stuff. Last year I let my bug spray wear off, and ended up with over 70 mosquito bites on my body. This year I am diligent with the spray... But forgot my feet. 25 damned chigger bites on my ankles and feet. It itches So. Gawdamn. Fucking. Much!!! Hobo work faster Benadryl extra strength anti-itch cream Weeping

Why do bugs love to chew on me?? Sadcryface

Just how "natural" do you make your camping experiences, girl?
[Image: camping-you-amp-039-re-doing-it-wrong_o_1968953.jpg]
Tongue

@Anjele [Image: smiley-hug013.gif] Heart [Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

29-09-2014, 08:54 PM
(29-09-2014 07:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 07:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You'd think I would learn my lesson with this camping stuff. Last year I let my bug spray wear off, and ended up with over 70 mosquito bites on my body. This year I am diligent with the spray... But forgot my feet. 25 damned chigger bites on my ankles and feet. It itches So. Gawdamn. Fucking. Much!!! Hobo work faster Benadryl extra strength anti-itch cream Weeping

Why do bugs love to chew on me?? Sadcryface

Just how "natural" do you make your camping experiences, girl?
Tongue

Actually that's not entirely bad. You're off the ground which is warmer and less likely to have bugs crawl into your tent. I commend them for their genius.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-09-2014, 09:11 PM
(29-09-2014 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 07:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Just how "natural" do you make your camping experiences, girl?
Tongue

Actually that's not entirely bad. You're off the ground which is warmer and less likely to have bugs crawl into your tent. I commend them for their genius.

I thought I heard somewhere that having a pocket of air, that could grow colder and colder over the course of the night, under your tent was not good! But I can't actually remember where I saw, or heard, that so it could be bullcrap Tongue

29-09-2014, 10:26 PM
(29-09-2014 09:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually that's not entirely bad. You're off the ground which is warmer and less likely to have bugs crawl into your tent. I commend them for their genius.

I thought I heard somewhere that having a pocket of air, that could grow colder and colder over the course of the night, under your tent was not good! But I can't actually remember where I saw, or heard, that so it could be bullcrap Tongue

I think it's beneficial because the ground draws away the heat so if you're off the ground it can't draw the heat away. Or something like that.
30-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Soooooooooooooooooo Fucking TIRED.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-10-2014, 07:32 AM
They were playing Flume in the community link today. I was most impressed.
01-10-2014, 05:35 PM
My bug bites are still terrible!!! Sadcryface2

I went to the doctor today because they are getting really red and painful. I swear I've only been itching them with a soft towel. The only time I use my fingernails is if I'm asleep and don't realize I'm doing it until I wake up (happens at least twice per night Dodgy ), or if my feet start involuntarily spasming because of the need to itch.

I got some steroid cream and a tetanus shot. Steroid cream doesn't seem to be much more affective than the Benadryl extra strength anti-itch cream I was using Weeping

You know... Consider I don't need feet, right? I already hate walking/standing/running, and I dispise shoe shopping.... *goes to find a saw* it will all be over soon, Emily Weeping Sleepy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Haircut time!