Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-10-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-10-2014 05:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Haircut time!

Pics or it didn't happen Drinking Beverage

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
(01-10-2014 05:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My bug bites are still terrible!!! Sadcryface2

I went to the doctor today because they are getting really red and painful. I swear I've only been itching them with a soft towel. The only time I use my fingernails is if I'm asleep and don't realize I'm doing it until I wake up (happens at least twice per night Dodgy ), or if my feet start involuntarily spasming because of the need to itch.

I got some steroid cream and a tetanus shot. Steroid cream doesn't seem to be much more affective than the Benadryl extra strength anti-itch cream I was using Weeping

You know... Consider I don't need feet, right? I already hate walking/standing/running, and I dispise shoe shopping.... *goes to find a saw* it will all be over soon, Emily Weeping Sleepy

Find some Calagel. I think I got it at CVS. Much better than Benedryl or Caladryl. Works fast too. Really good stuff.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Planning commission for this city is RIDICULOUS!!!

Rant
Bitch
Moan

Cry
Cry
Cry

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
01-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Smerc, sometimes icing where it itches can provide mild relief when you are crawling out of your skin. And wear socks on your hands to prevent scratching in your sleep (I had to do that as a child because I had terrible eczema). If it's still bothering you tomorrow call your MD and ask if he/she will write a prescription for hydroxyzine (Atarax). It's cheap. I've seen it be effective with itching associated with insect bites. It knocks most people out, which is why it is sometimes prescribed for anxiety. I take it for motion sickness. It's an antihistamine.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
(01-10-2014 06:44 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Smerc, sometimes icing where it itches can provide mild relief when you are crawling out of your skin. And wear socks on your hands to prevent scratching in your sleep (I had to do that as a child because I had terrible eczema). If it's still bothering you tomorrow call your MD and ask if he/she will write a prescription for hydroxyzine (Atarax). It's cheap. I've seen it be effective with itching associated with insect bites. It knocks most people out, which is why it is sometimes prescribed for anxiety. I take it for motion sickness. It's an antihistamine.

I have noticed that wiping down the bites with a cool wash rag is amazing! Next time I will go straight for the ice. Thanks, nurse!!

Also, socks on my hands? Laugh out load I can't even stand to wear socks on my feet while sleeping, don't know how well I will do with them on my hands. I'll try some on just in case tho Wink it is good advice! Yes

Anj, thank you too for the tip. I'll do some looking to see if my legal drugstores sell that OTC.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM
(01-10-2014 06:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 06:44 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Smerc, sometimes icing where it itches can provide mild relief when you are crawling out of your skin. And wear socks on your hands to prevent scratching in your sleep (I had to do that as a child because I had terrible eczema). If it's still bothering you tomorrow call your MD and ask if he/she will write a prescription for hydroxyzine (Atarax). It's cheap. I've seen it be effective with itching associated with insect bites. It knocks most people out, which is why it is sometimes prescribed for anxiety. I take it for motion sickness. It's an antihistamine.

I have noticed that wiping down the bites with a cool wash rag is amazing! Next time I will go straight for the ice. Thanks, nurse!!

Also, socks on my hands? Laugh out load I can't even stand to wear socks on my feet while sleeping, don't know how well I will do with them on my hands. I'll try some on just in case tho Wink it is good advice! Yes

Anj, thank you too for the tip. I'll do some looking to see if my legal drugstores sell that OTC.

It is OTC. Since it's an 'off-brand' I had looked over it in the past. Turns out it's a lot better than that pink stuff.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-10-2014, 06:50 PM
(01-10-2014 06:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 06:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I have noticed that wiping down the bites with a cool wash rag is amazing! Next time I will go straight for the ice. Thanks, nurse!!

It is OTC. Since it's an 'off-brand' I had looked over it in the past. Turns out it's a lot better than that pink stuff.

Yeah, calamine lotion is shit.

01-10-2014, 08:50 PM
OMG I'm freaking out. 2hours till I have my job interview. They said in the email specifically that it was going to be a "behavioral interview" which means they ask me a whole bunch of questions where I have to give examples.
ie: Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.

I mean how the fuck am I suppose to answer that!??

Oh dear Jesus God I'm gonna flunk this interview, like I'm actually gonna do so shit.
Job interview or University exams... yea I'd rather do the exams.

I'm not gonna get this job which means I'm not gonna get a job ever which means I'm gonna be poor for the rest of my life which means no business which means no fulfillment which means no money which means no happiness which means depression which means wasted life which means I wont make it into the history books which means all will be for nothing. aka; Doing bad in this interview = my world imploding.

This is fucking bullshit. I hate that my future, and thus whole life, is in the hands of a couple douche bags that have managed to climb the corporate ladder in a barely above minimum wage, no skill, job. Someone that has such a shit job and who has gotten there simply because they refused to leave their crappy job to begin with and so got to the position they're at now due to default should not have so much power over my life.

Oh god what if they hate me? They're gonna hate me. They're literally gonna hate my guts. I don't wanna do this.
The last job interview I had consisted of two questions, "do you have a motorbike license?" and "when can you start?".
My job before that I had such a rubbish first interview that he (the employer) made me come back and do it again. He only hired me because I was on unemployment and they pay for my wages for the first couple weeks to give incentive to employers. Plus it helped that I was white, he was a racist.

But these cunts? This has literally already been the most elaborate, hoop jumping, job application process in history and all that was just for the chance of getting an interview. He said on the phone the interview will take about an hour!!! That's a A LOT of questions! They're gonna have me on a unicycle juggling chainsaws solving a rubicks cube. I can only do one of those things! How am I suppose to learn the other two within the next hour and a half!?

The French foreign legion is looking real right about now...
I heard they give you a new identity, teach you French and at the end of your tour they give you French citizenship. That doesn't sound so bad right?

[Image: oscar.png]
01-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Breathe man, breathe. You'll do fine.
01-10-2014, 09:05 PM
(01-10-2014 08:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  OMG I'm freaking out. 2hours till I have my job interview. They said in the email specifically that it was going to be a "behavioral interview" which means they ask me a whole bunch of questions where I have to give examples.
ie: Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.

I mean how the fuck am I suppose to answer that!??

Oh dear Jesus God I'm gonna flunk this interview, like I'm actually gonna do so shit.
Job interview or University exams... yea I'd rather do the exams.

I'm not gonna get this job which means I'm not gonna get a job ever which means I'm gonna be poor for the rest of my life which means no business which means no fulfillment which means no money which means no happiness which means depression which means wasted life which means I wont make it into the history books which means all will be for nothing. aka; Doing bad in this interview = my world imploding.

This is fucking bullshit. I hate that my future, and thus whole life, is in the hands of a couple douche bags that have managed to climb the corporate ladder in a barely above minimum wage, no skill, job. Someone that has such a shit job and who has gotten there simply because they refused to leave their crappy job to begin with and so got to the position they're at now due to default should not have so much power over my life.

Oh god what if they hate me? They're gonna hate me. They're literally gonna hate my guts. I don't wanna do this.
The last job interview I had consisted of two questions, "do you have a motorbike license?" and "when can you start?".
My job before that I had such a rubbish first interview that he (the employer) made me come back and do it again. He only hired me because I was on unemployment and they pay for my wages for the first couple weeks to give incentive to employers. Plus it helped that I was white, he was a racist.

But these cunts? This has literally already been the most elaborate, hoop jumping, job application process in history and all that was just for the chance of getting an interview. He said on the phone the interview will take about an hour!!! That's a A LOT of questions! They're gonna have me on a unicycle juggling chainsaws solving a rubicks cube. I can only do one of those things! How am I suppose to learn the other two within the next hour and a half!?

The French foreign legion is looking real right about now...
I heard they give you a new identity, teach you French and at the end of your tour they give you French citizenship. That doesn't sound so bad right?

Bro just lie your ass off, they can't read your mind.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post