Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-10-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-10-2014 08:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  OMG I'm freaking out. 2hours till I have my job interview. They said in the email specifically that it was going to be a "behavioral interview" which means they ask me a whole bunch of questions where I have to give examples.
ie: Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.

I mean how the fuck am I suppose to answer that!??

Oh dear Jesus God I'm gonna flunk this interview, like I'm actually gonna do so shit.
Job interview or University exams... yea I'd rather do the exams.

I'm not gonna get this job which means I'm not gonna get a job ever which means I'm gonna be poor for the rest of my life which means no business which means no fulfillment which means no money which means no happiness which means depression which means wasted life which means I wont make it into the history books which means all will be for nothing. aka; Doing bad in this interview = my world imploding.

This is fucking bullshit. I hate that my future, and thus whole life, is in the hands of a couple douche bags that have managed to climb the corporate ladder in a barely above minimum wage, no skill, job. Someone that has such a shit job and who has gotten there simply because they refused to leave their crappy job to begin with and so got to the position they're at now due to default should not have so much power over my life.

Oh god what if they hate me? They're gonna hate me. They're literally gonna hate my guts. I don't wanna do this.
The last job interview I had consisted of two questions, "do you have a motorbike license?" and "when can you start?".
My job before that I had such a rubbish first interview that he (the employer) made me come back and do it again. He only hired me because I was on unemployment and they pay for my wages for the first couple weeks to give incentive to employers. Plus it helped that I was white, he was a racist.

But these cunts? This has literally already been the most elaborate, hoop jumping, job application process in history and all that was just for the chance of getting an interview. He said on the phone the interview will take about an hour!!! That's a A LOT of questions! They're gonna have me on a unicycle juggling chainsaws solving a rubicks cube. I can only do one of those things! How am I suppose to learn the other two within the next hour and a half!?

The French foreign legion is looking real right about now...
I heard they give you a new identity, teach you French and at the end of your tour they give you French citizenship. That doesn't sound so bad right?

Omfg muffs!!! TL;dr yet, but I'm getting the gist. If you go into the interview assuming you won't get the job, of course you won't!! Beat_stick where's that "fuck you, I'm amazing" attitude? Now is when you need it. Just calm down, the job is yours, all you have to do is show up for the interview.

Seriously, I hope you can take some deep breaths and get your confidence back. You can do this, muffs. Flex

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 09:05 PM
(01-10-2014 09:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  Breathe man, breathe. You'll do fine.

You don't know that, you can't see into the future.
And I wouldn't be betting on that I will do fine considering the odds of me doing terribly.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-10-2014, 09:07 PM
(01-10-2014 09:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  OMG I'm freaking out. 2hours till I have my job interview. They said in the email specifically that it was going to be a "behavioral interview" which means they ask me a whole bunch of questions where I have to give examples.
ie: Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.

I mean how the fuck am I suppose to answer that!??

Oh dear Jesus God I'm gonna flunk this interview, like I'm actually gonna do so shit.
Job interview or University exams... yea I'd rather do the exams.

I'm not gonna get this job which means I'm not gonna get a job ever which means I'm gonna be poor for the rest of my life which means no business which means no fulfillment which means no money which means no happiness which means depression which means wasted life which means I wont make it into the history books which means all will be for nothing. aka; Doing bad in this interview = my world imploding.

This is fucking bullshit. I hate that my future, and thus whole life, is in the hands of a couple douche bags that have managed to climb the corporate ladder in a barely above minimum wage, no skill, job. Someone that has such a shit job and who has gotten there simply because they refused to leave their crappy job to begin with and so got to the position they're at now due to default should not have so much power over my life.

Oh god what if they hate me? They're gonna hate me. They're literally gonna hate my guts. I don't wanna do this.
The last job interview I had consisted of two questions, "do you have a motorbike license?" and "when can you start?".
My job before that I had such a rubbish first interview that he (the employer) made me come back and do it again. He only hired me because I was on unemployment and they pay for my wages for the first couple weeks to give incentive to employers. Plus it helped that I was white, he was a racist.

But these cunts? This has literally already been the most elaborate, hoop jumping, job application process in history and all that was just for the chance of getting an interview. He said on the phone the interview will take about an hour!!! That's a A LOT of questions! They're gonna have me on a unicycle juggling chainsaws solving a rubicks cube. I can only do one of those things! How am I suppose to learn the other two within the next hour and a half!?

The French foreign legion is looking real right about now...
I heard they give you a new identity, teach you French and at the end of your tour they give you French citizenship. That doesn't sound so bad right?

Omfg muffs!!! TL;dr yet, but I'm getting the gist. If you go into the interview assuming you won't get the job, of course you won't!! Beat_stick where's that "fuck you, I'm amazing" attitude? Now is when you need it. Just calm down, the job is yours, all you have to do is show up for the interview.

Seriously, I hope you can take some deep breaths and get your confidence back. You can do this, muffs. Flex

I have confidence, I can protrude confidence and awesomeness just fine and I work very well under pressure BUT I'm also a realist and I have been at all my previous job interviews so I know how this little situation goes.

01-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Relax, if you go in thinking like that you're fucked before you even start. I've done interviews like this before, they're not so bad.
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
(01-10-2014 09:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 09:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  Breathe man, breathe. You'll do fine.

You don't know that, you can't see into the future.
And I wouldn't be betting on that I will do fine considering the odds of me doing terribly.

STFU!! Omg muffs, srsly! You gotta sell yourself, and who thinks more of you, than you. Just point out how awesome you are at everything. I know you can do this.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
01-10-2014, 09:09 PM
(01-10-2014 09:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  Relax, if you go in thinking like that you're fucked before you even start. I've done interviews like this before, they're not so bad.

Exactly, even like Zeke said, if you gotta bs a little to make yourself look especially good, no harm. You got this!

01-10-2014, 09:13 PM
You'll be fine Muffs. Just don't spend too much time talking about your eventual world domination or honey noodles or whatever that is you eat all the time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-10-2014, 09:18 PM
(01-10-2014 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 09:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  Relax, if you go in thinking like that you're fucked before you even start. I've done interviews like this before, they're not so bad.

Exactly, even like Zeke said, if you gotta bs a little to make yourself look especially good, no harm. You got this!

I couldn't help it! Tongue
[Image: resume.jpg]

Can't see into the future, but there's no need to predict it when you create it for yourself, Muffs! You'll kick ass & take names! Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
01-10-2014, 09:38 PM
You could always have a few drinks beforehand to calm yourself down. Tongue
01-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Size 11 shoes my ass, jesus fucking christ... See, this is why I wear DC's and not fancy black dress shoes the state brought me.