Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-10-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-10-2014 10:25 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sooooo we decided the best course of action is for him to withdraw from school and go back to the force. Sadcryface He messaged his sergeant and is going in tomorrow to talk to the major.

Heads are going to roll at the financial aid office responsible for this fuckup.

I'm not looking forward to going back to worrying about his safety when he serves warrants on child molesters and other low life shitbags. They are likely going to put him in criminal and not CSI - he didn't like CSI, but at least I didn't have to worry about him quite as much because he served fewer warrants and didn't work many undercover details. If they don't put him back in investigations, I'll have to worry about him supervising a bunch of rookies on patrol and taking the heat any time they fuck up, not to mention he would have to respond to every domestic.

A Xanax would do me good right now. Since I don't have any benzos, I'll just have to settle with letting Benadryl knock me out.

Sad Sorry. Those financial aid people sound ridiculously incompetent.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-10-2014, 09:33 AM
I haven't had a plus point in like forever. I should rant about that!!
Dammit
Sad

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Welp it is official I now live in da hood. Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-10-2014, 07:39 PM
How many days have I sat here and thought I needed to get a surge protector for our Xbox, etc. and yet didn't do it, and now a storm came through and fried the damn thing. Way to go, EA. Facepalm

03-10-2014, 07:47 PM
(03-10-2014 07:39 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  How many days have I sat here and thought I needed to get a surge protector for our Xbox, etc. and yet didn't do it, and now a storm came through and fried the damn thing. Way to go, EA. Facepalm

I keep pretty much all of my tech hooked up to powerboards with surge protectors in them.

Except for my TV at my mother's house. That thing can fuckin' burn for all I care; hell it'll actually make things easier on me because she'll be pretty much obliged to at least help me get a new TV, which I really need.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-10-2014, 10:07 PM
What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for collage?

[Image: cute_awesome_face_by_vampireknight1001-d4i788c.png]

Bison...

[Image: The_Awesome_Face_Background_by_DaPhinoXX.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Holy fucking shit muffs... I nearly laughed myself off the couch Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load terrible joke - check. Perfect emotes for effect - check. Extra spacing for the perfect joke timing - check.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
03-10-2014, 10:13 PM
That first emote is EXACTLY the look I get on my face when I'm about to tell the hubby an awful joke just like that one. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
03-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Yea thanks, I thought that joke was pretty legen-dairy.
Though that's probably because I'm a bit of a sucker for udder-ly ridiculous jokes.
Alright I'll stop, butter not milk it.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Getting asked by the MD if I've done XYZ "yet" for patient Doe at 0715 - Umm no. Are you serious? I haven't even listened to their breath sounds yet, nor have I logged onto the computer. In fact you just interrupted report from night shift and cut my info short. So no, I haven't done a swallow test yet, dropped a dobhoff and initiated tube feeds which requires cortrack guidance plus a post placement KUB to verify post pyloric placement, started a 24 hour urine cortisol collection which requires me to leave my patients to walk to the lab to get a jug, given 0800 meds including sliding scale insulin, or turned my patient to assess their sacrum for a potential pressure ulcer. I just took over as primary the second you stepped in the room, and you asking me stupid questions right now is wasting my time. "Umm okay then, can you give report on the vital sign trend for the past several hours." Fuck you. You just took over my computer and can click on the main browser and trend it yourself. Peeve - clueless assholes on a power trip.

It takes a lot less time to order tests than it takes to carry them out. Why can't people understand this simple fucking concept?

I hate taking orders from someone who is 30 and residency is the first paid job they have ever had in their life. Most fields you have to work at the bottom at some point. I'm sorry, assisting in surgery is not the bottom, nor is suturing in the ED or doing wound care with infectious disease. The process is so fucked up. I don't give a shit that you had a 4.0 in anthropology from Brown. Must be nice that mommy and daddy paid for your Ivy League education, BMW, house, designer clothes, and spring break vacations. You still don't know shit despite the Md behind your name, and it's not cool that I'm having to tell you what to order so my critical patients get what they need. But go on, make me stand here and wait for you to finish your social conversation with your colleagues while it's been 4 hours since I first needed to pee.

I hate being disrespected. I loathe it. It makes my blood fucking boil. And it's something I encounter every single fucking day I work because "I'm just a nurse."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman