Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-10-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 09:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think our modem is dying.

I've had to unplug it like three times this morning and restart it.

It's always something....worst part it will take forever for husband to recognize the issue and just return it and get a new one...

Grrrrrrrrrr

Wouldn't be a coincidence if it somehow got smashed? Consider

Gosh, it would...

There's a picture that needs hanging...What if I dropped the hammer and it happened to land on it....

A few times...

Hmmm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
(06-10-2014 10:07 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wouldn't be a coincidence if it somehow got smashed? Consider

Gosh, it would...

There's a picture that needs hanging...What if I dropped the hammer and it happened to land on it....

A few times...

Hmmm

You have animals right?
The dog ate it.

Awwww
Lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-10-2014, 08:51 PM
How fucking long does it take to get back to someone about them getting the job or not? jesus h christ.
06-10-2014, 09:38 PM
(05-10-2014 02:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 07:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Nurse - I gotta tell ya that it was a couple nurses (probably just like you) that got me through after my mastectomies. One in particular caught something the doctors totally missed and/or dismissed.

You don't hear it often enough, but it's often the nurses that actually 'see' and 'hear' the patient when the doctors seem to just see stats. And it is appreciated.

You (and others like you) are appreciated and desperately needed for good patient care.

Heart

Nurses do seem to be the ones who actually get things done, don't they? I don't really ever remembering speaking to doctors as much as nurses and they have almost always been quite nice.

But I recall having a few hilariously bad nurses in my time; I'm sure Nurse will love one particular tale:

One time a few years back, a nurse came to take some blood (I'd almost swear they've just been syphoning me slowly for blood rather than actually testing it...) I don't even remember what was wrong with me that day.
So, she grabs the needle and stabs me with it, usual procedure, except she apparently forget everything regarding safety; she had not disinfected the area (nor numbed it..), she wasn't wearing gloves and had not even washed her hands. She then removed the main assembly of the stabby-stabby part so a vial could be placed and take the blood, but she did not have the vials with her, but at a sink a few metres away and so went to get them. My blood spewed forth in a small geyser leaving, my pants, arm and the floor coated with a surprisingly large amount of blood.
Instead of apologising for this , she looked annoyed at me, filled a vial or two and left. As if that were not be enough, I could swear remembering that I had to have more blood drawn because those samples had clotted.
My father promptly sought-out the nurses station to complain...

Holy shit. Sooooo unacceptable. It is perfectly fine to stop ANY health care worker in your room and ask them if they washed their hands. At my hospital, if someone says, "I notice you didn't wash your hands", everyone (including surgeons) are expected to immediately stop what they are doing, say "Thank you" and then go wash their hands. The glove thing actually isn't to protect just YOU from infection, it's more to protect the nurse - the nurse washing his/her hands and prepping the site is what accomplishes the infection prevention - unless it is a sterile procedure and the nurse is wearing sterile gloves. In my career I have popped the finger on my gloves to feel for a vein once. It was an 87 year old black lady on dialysis (little tiny veins, only could stick one arm). As I was about to stick (this wasn't my patient so I didn't know her history), the doctor placed his hand on my shoulder and asked her when she was diagnosed with HIV. Hobo

Confession: I've started an IV in a hurry a few times without having the t-port ready, but that's when you use one finger to apply pressure over the catheter site once the needle is removed to occlude the vein and prevent blood flow, and then your others to connect the t-port and pull back to prime the tubing with blood and then flush after so you don't flush air from an unprimed port. Once I was on the opposite side of the. Ed from my supplies - that's when you yell for help and another staff member can grab the supplies for you. Whoops.

I love starting IVs. I don't know how many, but it's in the thousands. Favorite part of my job. Big Grin

If I have any grammar errors, forgive me, too many shifts in a row - that's how you start IVs without getting your supplies ready Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
06-10-2014, 09:41 PM
(06-10-2014 08:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How fucking long does it take to get back to someone about them getting the job or not? jesus h christ.

I kinda know that feel right now.

Now, for an actual rant:

Flushing the toilet. How fucking hard can that possibly be?
Really, I want an answer! Anybody reading this: how fucking difficult is it to flush the goddamned toilet?

Because apparently, here, that is a monumental task! There is somebody in this house who cannot be stuffed to flush their piss down. I should not have to do that almost every fucking time I go to the goddamned toilet!!! I have complained about this problem but it persists!

And on the same topic, guys: how hard is it to not piss on the seat?! And how hard is it to fucking clean up!? I should not have to clean up after this person!
That is also a big problem here: Somebody (probably the same person as above) cannot fucking aim! It's surprising that I have to flush after whomever does this, considering how often the seat is coated in piss!

I really want to hit the person who does this on the back of the head with a fucking toilet!

At least I can thank my unlucky stars that this perpetrator at least has the decency to flush their shit down! I would flip the fuck out if I had to deal with that as well.

At the moment I am really tempted to go out and buy a book of Post-it notes and cover the toilet and wall behind in reminders to fucking flush.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
(06-10-2014 09:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 08:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How fucking long does it take to get back to someone about them getting the job or not? jesus h christ.

Now, for an actual rant:

Really, I want an answer! Anybody reading this: how fucking difficult is it to flush the goddamned toilet?

Because apparently, here, that is a monumental task! There is somebody in this house who cannot be stuffed to flush their piss down. I should not have to do that almost every fucking time I go to the goddamned toilet!!! I have complained about this problem but it persists!

And on the same topic, guys: how hard is it to not piss on the seat?! And how hard is it to fucking clean up!?
That is also a big problem here: Somebody (probably the same person as above) cannot fucking aim! It's surprising that I have to flush after whomever does this, considering how often the seat is coated in piss!

I really want to hit the person who does this on the back of the head with a fucking toilet!

At least I can thank my unlucky stars that this perpetrator at least has the decency to flush their shit down! I would flip the fuck out if that happened.

At the moment I am really tempted to go out and buy a book of Post-it notes and cover the toilet and wall behind in reminders to fucking flush.

I almost posted a rant on the courtesy flush yesterday. Check to make sure ALL of your shit gets flushed before you leave little stragglers behind for me to find.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
06-10-2014, 09:54 PM
(06-10-2014 09:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Now, for an actual rant:

And on the same topic, guys: how hard is it to not piss on the seat?! And how hard is it to fucking clean up!? I should not have to clean up after this person!

At least I can thank my unlucky stars that this perpetrator at least has the decency to flush their shit down! I would flip the fuck out if I had to deal with that as well.

Remove the toilet seat - it's not difficult, takes maybe 5 minutes.
Hide the toilet seat.

Take it with you to the bathroom when you need it.
Take it with you when you're done.
Hide the toilet seat.
Repeat as necessary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 10:12 PM
(06-10-2014 09:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 09:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I kinda know that feel right now.

Now, for an actual rant:

Remove the toilet seat - it's not difficult, takes maybe 5 minutes.
Hide the toilet seat.

Take it with you to the bathroom when you need it.
Take it with you when you're done.
Hide the toilet seat.
Repeat as necessary.

A few problems with that:

For one, the area where the seat and toilet connect is disgusting, so I am not putting my hands anywhere near that.

For another, I live on a floor with three other people; I know only two can be suspects and I'd rather not punish the third who is not suspect and who would most certainly inform on me if I told him the presence of the removed seat for his utilisation.

For another, as soon as the seat was reported missing, odds are, I would be blamed evidence or no of my involvement; the root cause of the action would absolutely be ignored. Personally, I would rather avoid receiving the inevitable bollocking which would result.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2014, 06:40 AM
So one of my (3) books is coming along rather nicely (it's an ongoing long winded hobby of mine). I don't really know how Im gonna end it though.
It's set in 18th century London during the industrial age (because everything is better when it's set in 18th century London). It's about a highly skilled (and rich) doctor who's wife catches a mysterious disease that slowly kills her. He tries to save her, being a highly skilled doctor and all, but she eventually dies (spoiler btw). His son then catches the disease and after losing his wife and then facing the prospects of losing his son to the same disease he goes a little insane (and by little I mean he goes full retard) and tries to save his son via any means necessary which basically in tales turning his son into a deformed disgusting monster thing.
So basically Im at the point where the dad is, through drugs and amputations and transplants, turning his son into some sort of living hell but I don't really know where to go from here. Yes I know, I probably need to see a professional, I'm really a nice person I swear.
I got a few options. One option could be the son wakes up (he's heavily drugged and weak from the disease) and is in pain and all like "kill me" in some sort of depressing voice and the father realizes then the extent of his madness and kills his son and himself OR I could go the sort of monster horror route and have the son sort of locked up for a decade or two until the father dies and the son, in monster form, escapes and reaps havoc upon the lovely people of 18th century London. I'm sorta leaning towards the first one because I originally wanted this to be a thriller type thing and not some Friday the 13th monster thing.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-10-2014, 07:05 AM
(07-10-2014 06:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So one of my (3) books is coming along rather nicely (it's an ongoing long winded hobby of mine). I don't really know how Im gonna end it though.
It's set in 18th century London during the industrial age (because everything is better when it's set in 18th century London). It's about a highly skilled (and rich) doctor who's wife catches a mysterious disease that slowly kills her. He tries to save her, being a highly skilled doctor and all, but she eventually dies (spoiler btw). His son then catches the disease and after losing his wife and then facing the prospects of losing his son to the same disease he goes a little insane (and by little I mean he goes full retard) and tries to save his son via any means necessary which basically in tales turning his son into a deformed disgusting monster thing.
So basically Im at the point where the dad is, through drugs and amputations and transplants, turning his son into some sort of living hell but I don't really know where to go from here. Yes I know, I probably need to see a professional, I'm really a nice person I swear.
I got a few options. One option could be the son wakes up (he's heavily drugged and weak from the disease) and is in pain and all like "kill me" in some sort of depressing voice and the father realizes then the extent of his madness and kills his son and himself OR I could go the sort of monster horror route and have the son sort of locked up for a decade or two until the father dies and the son, in monster form, escapes and reaps havoc upon the lovely people of 18th century London. I'm sorta leaning towards the first one because I originally wanted this to be a thriller type thing and not some Friday the 13th monster thing.

Maybe you could tie it in so that someone in their family eventually becomes Jack The Ripper? Maybe a sequel?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post