Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-10-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Consider
Son grows up to become horrible monster Jack the Ripper. Dad catches son and discovers what he has created. Dad decides he must kill son. Dad has opportunity to kill son but due to already losing his wife can't bring himself to kill his own deformed son and so it ends with the dad hanging himself finally succumbing to grief and madness and leaving the door open for a sequel of the son as Jack the Ripper.
Ooooo! How about this; the second book could do a bit of precursor to the events of the first book. So in the first book I have the doctors wife as being killed by a mysterious disease. In the second I could tell her story and have her actually not be this innocent sweat lady she is portrayed as in the first book but actually a women with a dark secret. She could be a mass murdering midwife. She could be very religious/conservative and she kills prostitutes babies (because Jack the Ripper killed prostitutes) as well as young ladies that have babies out of wedlock and all that carry on. So anyway, she kills all these babies in secret and then one prostitute finds out about it but because she's a prostitute and the doctors wife is a well respected midwife married to a well respected doctor nobody believes the prostitute and so the prostitute is the one that inflicts the disease upon the doctors wife as revenge for her killing her baby, the disease could turn out to be a curse or something. As such the doctors wife dies (as she has in the first book). HOWEVER, the son is inflicted with the disease also. Maybe the prostitute inflicts the son as further revenge however because the prostitute already had her revenge it doesn't go as planned and somehow the doctors wife ends up with influence over her now deformed son from beyond the grave and THUS the doctors son becomes Jack the Ripper and kills prostitutes because the doctor's wife is influencing her son and makes him do those things because she wants to get revenge on the prostitute that killed her and doesn't know which one it was so she just makes him kill a whole lot. Might be getting a little supernatural at this point, but I mean the first book has a deformed monster so... I dunno, just thinking aloud now. Getting pretty far ahead of myself anyway.

That's not entirely shit Pablo, this pleases me.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-10-2014, 10:52 AM
(07-10-2014 06:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So one of my (3) books is coming along rather nicely (it's an ongoing long winded hobby of mine). I don't really know how Im gonna end it though.
It's set in 18th century London during the industrial age (because everything is better when it's set in 18th century London). It's about a highly skilled (and rich) doctor who's wife catches a mysterious disease that slowly kills her. He tries to save her, being a highly skilled doctor and all, but she eventually dies (spoiler btw). His son then catches the disease and after losing his wife and then facing the prospects of losing his son to the same disease he goes a little insane (and by little I mean he goes full retard) and tries to save his son via any means necessary which basically in tales turning his son into a deformed disgusting monster thing.
So basically Im at the point where the dad is, through drugs and amputations and transplants, turning his son into some sort of living hell but I don't really know where to go from here. Yes I know, I probably need to see a professional, I'm really a nice person I swear.
I got a few options. One option could be the son wakes up (he's heavily drugged and weak from the disease) and is in pain and all like "kill me" in some sort of depressing voice and the father realizes then the extent of his madness and kills his son and himself OR I could go the sort of monster horror route and have the son sort of locked up for a decade or two until the father dies and the son, in monster form, escapes and reaps havoc upon the lovely people of 18th century London. I'm sorta leaning towards the first one because I originally wanted this to be a thriller type thing and not some Friday the 13th monster thing.

Muffs... Why is this in rant?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
07-10-2014, 11:06 AM
(07-10-2014 10:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 06:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So one of my (3) books is coming along rather nicely (it's an ongoing long winded hobby of mine). I don't really know how Im gonna end it though.
It's set in 18th century London during the industrial age (because everything is better when it's set in 18th century London). It's about a highly skilled (and rich) doctor who's wife catches a mysterious disease that slowly kills her. He tries to save her, being a highly skilled doctor and all, but she eventually dies (spoiler btw). His son then catches the disease and after losing his wife and then facing the prospects of losing his son to the same disease he goes a little insane (and by little I mean he goes full retard) and tries to save his son via any means necessary which basically in tales turning his son into a deformed disgusting monster thing.
So basically Im at the point where the dad is, through drugs and amputations and transplants, turning his son into some sort of living hell but I don't really know where to go from here. Yes I know, I probably need to see a professional, I'm really a nice person I swear.
I got a few options. One option could be the son wakes up (he's heavily drugged and weak from the disease) and is in pain and all like "kill me" in some sort of depressing voice and the father realizes then the extent of his madness and kills his son and himself OR I could go the sort of monster horror route and have the son sort of locked up for a decade or two until the father dies and the son, in monster form, escapes and reaps havoc upon the lovely people of 18th century London. I'm sorta leaning towards the first one because I originally wanted this to be a thriller type thing and not some Friday the 13th monster thing.

Muffs... Why is this in rant?

Do you read most of what Muffs writes in this thread? The vast majority is distinctly not rants.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
(07-10-2014 11:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 10:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Muffs... Why is this in rant?

Do you read most of what Muffs writes in this thread? The vast majority is distinctly not rants.

Yeah...but his story? I think it deserves its own thread.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-10-2014, 11:14 AM
(07-10-2014 09:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Consider
Son grows up to become horrible monster Jack the Ripper. Dad catches son and discovers what he has created. Dad decides he must kill son. Dad has opportunity to kill son but due to already losing his wife can't bring himself to kill his own deformed son and so it ends with the dad hanging himself finally succumbing to grief and madness and leaving the door open for a sequel of the son as Jack the Ripper.
Ooooo! How about this; the second book could do a bit of precursor to the events of the first book. So in the first book I have the doctors wife as being killed by a mysterious disease. In the second I could tell her story and have her actually not be this innocent sweat lady she is portrayed as in the first book but actually a women with a dark secret. She could be a mass murdering midwife. She could be very religious/conservative and she kills prostitutes babies (because Jack the Ripper killed prostitutes) as well as young ladies that have babies out of wedlock and all that carry on. So anyway, she kills all these babies in secret and then one prostitute finds out about it but because she's a prostitute and the doctors wife is a well respected midwife married to a well respected doctor nobody believes the prostitute and so the prostitute is the one that inflicts the disease upon the doctors wife as revenge for her killing her baby, the disease could turn out to be a curse or something. As such the doctors wife dies (as she has in the first book). HOWEVER, the son is inflicted with the disease also. Maybe the prostitute inflicts the son as further revenge however because the prostitute already had her revenge it doesn't go as planned and somehow the doctors wife ends up with influence over her now deformed son from beyond the grave and THUS the doctors son becomes Jack the Ripper and kills prostitutes because the doctor's wife is influencing her son and makes him do those things because she wants to get revenge on the prostitute that killed her and doesn't know which one it was so she just makes him kill a whole lot. Might be getting a little supernatural at this point, but I mean the first book has a deformed monster so... I dunno, just thinking aloud now. Getting pretty far ahead of myself anyway.

That's not entirely shit Pablo, this pleases me.

FYI.
Sweet lady- aw, how nice
Sweat lady- eww

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
07-10-2014, 12:55 PM
I have a bit of a rant I want to get off my chest. Why are religious people so freaking dark and scary. I was reading an article about the lunar eclipse that's gonna happen tomorrow morning when I see this comment

Quote:This is a sign from God, people. Like it or not! This is not some mechanical, astronomical accident. The Lord God Himself in on His Way, to THIS PLANET to SHOW US WHO IS IN CHARGE! When the dust clears, after the 12 point earthquake, the atomic shock wave, the tsunami that sinks Florida and floods the coasts along the Atlantic Ocean, The Three Days of Total Darkness (cannot see your hand in front of your face, darkness) The resulting tear in the fabric of Time itself, that removes the veil, between this world and the unseen. The invasion of millions, of all powerful, cruel, hideous, demonic entities, that will kill those that mock and scoff at the things of God. There will be corpses all over the land and in the water, resulting in pestilence that kills even more people. When that is all done, there will be no laughter, but want and chaos. Repent now, turn to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He will protect His Own through this and then, take us out of here, in the Rapture.

This is very disturbing and unnecessary. It makes me so mad that people think this is ok, that people are allowed to go around and say shit like this because it's their right to believe what they want. This person is describing their God mass murdering humans and it's ok. People like this need to be admitted into a mental facility. This is no way to think. It's really scary to think there are people out there who think about stuff like that. It is not normal and should be handled very seriously.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-10-2014, 01:22 PM
(07-10-2014 12:55 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have a bit of a rant I want to get off my chest. Why are religious people so freaking dark and scary. I was reading an article about the lunar eclipse that's gonna happen tomorrow morning when I see this comment

Quote:This is a sign from God, people. Like it or not! This is not some mechanical, astronomical accident. The Lord God Himself in on His Way, to THIS PLANET to SHOW US WHO IS IN CHARGE! When the dust clears, after the 12 point earthquake, the atomic shock wave, the tsunami that sinks Florida and floods the coasts along the Atlantic Ocean, The Three Days of Total Darkness (cannot see your hand in front of your face, darkness) The resulting tear in the fabric of Time itself, that removes the veil, between this world and the unseen. The invasion of millions, of all powerful, cruel, hideous, demonic entities, that will kill those that mock and scoff at the things of God. There will be corpses all over the land and in the water, resulting in pestilence that kills even more people. When that is all done, there will be no laughter, but want and chaos. Repent now, turn to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He will protect His Own through this and then, take us out of here, in the Rapture.

This is very disturbing and unnecessary. It makes me so mad that people think this is ok, that people are allowed to go around and say shit like this because it's their right to believe what they want. This person is describing their God mass murdering humans and it's ok. People like this need to be admitted into a mental facility. This is no way to think. It's really scary to think there are people out there who think about stuff like that. It is not normal and should be handled very seriously.

From Facebook? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2014, 01:29 PM
(07-10-2014 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 12:55 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have a bit of a rant I want to get off my chest. Why are religious people so freaking dark and scary. I was reading an article about the lunar eclipse that's gonna happen tomorrow morning when I see this comment

From Facebook? Consider

Nope, PC Mag website believe it or not.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-10-2014, 01:35 PM
(07-10-2014 01:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  From Facebook? Consider

Nope, PC Mag website believe it or not.

That person should not have a computer. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2014, 01:38 PM
(07-10-2014 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 01:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nope, PC Mag website believe it or not.

That person should not have a computer. No

Not at all. Why they waste their time posting their religious crap on a website for computers is beyond me. Do they really have nothing better to do? Like pray or something.