Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-09-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I'm one of those people that likes to put their feelings out in the open, even if they don't do anything about those feelings. I kind of want to tell a person I like them, not necessarily because I want to be with them (for Pete's sake I am in high school), but just for the hell of it. To get it off of my chest. But I'm a bit frustrated as to how I would accomplish that. Do I simply message him and say "yo nigga I need to tell you that I used to have a thing for you" or do I approach the male differently?... Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2012, 07:48 AM
(17-09-2012 07:32 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'm one of those people that likes to put their feelings out in the open, even if they don't do anything about those feelings. I kind of want to tell a person I like them, not necessarily because I want to be with them (for Pete's sake I am in high school), but just for the hell of it. To get it off of my chest. But I'm a bit frustrated as to how I would accomplish that. Do I simply message him and say "yo nigga I need to tell you that I used to have a thing for you" or do I approach the male differently?... Dodgy

Used to have a thing???

Why tell them then.... I dont understand Blink

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
17-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Ok... here rant! here comes rant! raaaaaant RANT!
So last week I applied for a translation job (i work freelance) that was classified "URGENT". Today I got a message, if I can do a small translation right now. The thing would be due in 2.5 hrs and it is not ready.
I am like, yeah sure, show me the doc. Client start explaining how I have to go and find the info from linkedin profiles. I am like "oh I thought this was a translation and not a research job". She said that it wouldn't be much. Only 700 characters. As I had a problem accessing those profiles on linkedin she sent me a .docx with all profile info. Now I started picking what sounded important for enough for the task, included what she told me via skype. Made it with less then 700 characters after she is already impatient from me asking things about the task (which was not what I applied for in the first place). Tells me this was supposed to take like 10 minutes and not an hour. I deliver. She tells me all kinds of things that are not good enough and not important and missing blabla. Like I have to know what is important for her project?? Seriously.
Last thing she tells me on skype is that we basically wasted each other's time and goes offline, closes the contract without pay.
I left her a negative statement and hope she leaves me alone.
I am so pissed.
First of all, if you label something as urgent, that is when you respond the second you see an incoming message. You take care your shit gets done and you provide directions.
What you don't do is, make someone who you hire for a certain task, do something else and then be an ass when it is not great.

Like... wtf was that? the fuck the fuck... Why are people like that. If I hire someone to do a task, I will make sure the person gets proper directions and I will not react impatient and annoyed if there are open questions.
FUCK

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
17-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Shame Leela Sad Sucks.

In other news, I got flu Sadcryface I hate flu.
17-09-2012, 12:57 PM
(17-09-2012 12:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Shame Leela Sad Sucks.

No kidding, Leela - that person was completely unprofessional - fuck her. Angry

@Morondog - sorry you have flu - sucks.. NO Sugar, liquid diet, and sleep as much as possible.
This is probably the only time I'm glad we are in different hemispheres. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-09-2012, 01:01 PM
(17-09-2012 12:57 PM)kim Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 12:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Shame Leela Sad Sucks.

No kidding, Leela - that person was completely unprofessional - fuck her. Angry

@Morondog - sorry you have flu - sucks.. NO Sugar, liquid diet, and sleep as much as possible.
This is probably the only time I'm glad we are in different hemispheres. Shy

Blush

Well, a couple hundred metres would suffice I guess... but a hemisphere's worth of separation is uber safe Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-09-2012, 01:25 PM
My neighbors are such wieners.

The first beautiful day after several cold, rainy days... and this idiot has to pollute the sunny tranquility with his fucking lawnmower noise.

See, this is the only drawback to being an Atheist; I can't pray against this kind of mundane, dip-shit activity. Fuuuuuuuck.

Consider Hmm... maybe I could rent a Theist to stand in my yard and pray against him, and when he comes over to ask what's up, he'll be so terrified that he'll stop mowing his lawn. Could work ... they're always going to church so I know they're some kind of believers.

I could start a business employing Theists and renting them out for small, personal prayer missions. I'd be pimpin' prayers. Might be fun to counter-terrorize Theists with their own superstitions while making a bit of scratch. Hmm. Something to think about. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Kim, as a regular grass cutter, it's inpossible to cut the grass when it's wet, and a lot easier when it's dry. So thats probably why they decided to cut the grass just when the sun comes out Shy
17-09-2012, 02:39 PM
(17-09-2012 02:19 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Kim, as a regular grass cutter, it's inpossible to cut the grass when it's wet, and a lot easier when it's dry. So thats probably why they decided to cut the grass just when the sun comes out Shy

Pfft, details. Dodgy

17-09-2012, 03:57 PM
(17-09-2012 09:40 AM)Leela Wrote:  Ok... here rant! here comes rant! raaaaaant RANT!
So last week I applied for a translation job (i work freelance) that was classified "URGENT". Today I got a message, if I can do a small translation right now. The thing would be due in 2.5 hrs and it is not ready.
I am like, yeah sure, show me the doc. Client start explaining how I have to go and find the info from linkedin profiles. I am like "oh I thought this was a translation and not a research job". She said that it wouldn't be much. Only 700 characters. As I had a problem accessing those profiles on linkedin she sent me a .docx with all profile info. Now I started picking what sounded important for enough for the task, included what she told me via skype. Made it with less then 700 characters after she is already impatient from me asking things about the task (which was not what I applied for in the first place). Tells me this was supposed to take like 10 minutes and not an hour. I deliver. She tells me all kinds of things that are not good enough and not important and missing blabla. Like I have to know what is important for her project?? Seriously.
Last thing she tells me on skype is that we basically wasted each other's time and goes offline, closes the contract without pay.
I left her a negative statement and hope she leaves me alone.
I am so pissed.
First of all, if you label something as urgent, that is when you respond the second you see an incoming message. You take care your shit gets done and you provide directions.
What you don't do is, make someone who you hire for a certain task, do something else and then be an ass when it is not great.

Like... wtf was that? the fuck the fuck... Why are people like that. If I hire someone to do a task, I will make sure the person gets proper directions and I will not react impatient and annoyed if there are open questions.
FUCK

I honestly think she played you. The whole, "this work is crap so I'm not paying you" trick. When in reality the work you did was exactly what she was after.
I'd pursue it if I was you.

We got it in the restaurant lots last year. Like I would literally be walking past to go on a delivery and hear them talking to each other about how good it is, and then nek minute they'd be at the counter refusing to pay because it was too cold or too hot or disgusting in some way.