Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-10-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: Ranting corner
my rant for the day...
no parent should ever indoctrinate his/her child(ren) into religion, like I was brain washed as a kid.
I'm still trying to rinse off the residue that religion, and the false hope it gave to me, left behind :/

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 09:09 PM
(07-10-2014 09:08 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  my rant for the day...
no parent should ever indoctrinate his/her child(ren) into religion. I'm still trying to rinse off the residue that religion, and the false hope it gave me, left behind. :/

What, so we should lock our children up in isolation chambers? Consider

Truth seeker.
07-10-2014, 09:10 PM
(07-10-2014 09:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
no parent should ever indoctrinate his/her child(ren) into religion. I'm still trying to rinse off the residue that religion, and the false hope it gave me, left behind. :/

there needs to be a dislike button here

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
07-10-2014, 09:13 PM
(07-10-2014 09:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

How does anyone go from "don't indoctrinate" to "lock up in isolation chambers"?

It's time for you to fuck right off, troll.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2014, 09:14 PM
(07-10-2014 09:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  What, so we should lock our children up in isolation chambers? Consider

How does anyone go from "don't indoctrinate" to "lock up in isolation chambers"?

Most parents push their beliefs on their children.

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
07-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Who let Diddles run loose - shouldn't he be in isolation?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-10-2014, 09:17 PM
(07-10-2014 08:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 07:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I am reading the dumbest series ever to have been published, I swear Facepalm character's hair color, body type, and personal philosophy change drastically according to the need of the story. Nothing original happens, all the same scenarios over and over and over, characters who died on the previous page are suddenly no longer dead like it never happened, but this recent one is just beyond fucking idiotic!

The world the books are set in have two suns. Ok, I'm cool with that, whatevs. Main character goes on a long journey to find his mother. He's in a land farther away from home than he's ever been... And this area of the world has THREE FUCKING SUNS!!!

[Image: tumblr_m5cw224Ips1qcwic6.jpg][Image: 276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1600x900.jpg][Image: frustrated-meme-300x271.jpg]

*siiiiiiigh*.... I really just need to get off my ass, and find better books. No

Is there a particular reason why the number of suns is important?

It's the same planet in the same orbit. It can't have two suns on one continent and three on another.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
07-10-2014, 09:17 PM
(07-10-2014 09:14 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  How does anyone go from "don't indoctrinate" to "lock up in isolation chambers"?

That's not an untrue statement.

07-10-2014, 09:20 PM
(07-10-2014 09:14 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  How does anyone go from "don't indoctrinate" to "lock up in isolation chambers"?

Your previous post is still nonsense.

Time for you to fuck off, troll.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
(07-10-2014 09:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is there a particular reason why the number of suns is important?

It's the same planet in the same orbit. It can't have two suns on one continent and three on another.

Yea I get why it's fucked up, I'm just asking if there was a particular reason why it was specifically mentioned that there were two suns and then later that there were three.

It just seems to me that maybe whatever you are reading is intentionally making things not match, ie: 2 suns v 3 suns. Because I don't see how someone could make such an obvious mistake unless it was intentional.

[Image: oscar.png]