Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Also, I think it's safe to say I didn't get the job. They would have phoned by now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I think they would have let you know if you didn't get it. Maybe you're still in the running and they're still deciding or still interviewing.
07-10-2014, 09:33 PM
(07-10-2014 09:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's the same planet in the same orbit. It can't have two suns on one continent and three on another.

Yea I get why it's fucked up, I'm just asking if there was a particular reason why it was specifically mentioned that there were two suns and then later that there were three.

It just seems to me that maybe whatever you are reading is intentionally making things not match, ie: 2 suns v 3 suns. Because I don't see how someone could make such an obvious mistake unless it was intentional.

I'm telling you muffs, this author is a grade A idiot. Top of the charts. Example: "in walked Matus, the oldest of Tirus' sons. Reece always got along well with Matus because they were each the youngest of their siblings."

Main character - like MAIN character starts off the books with red hair. Later in the books she is admired for her natural blond locks.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
07-10-2014, 09:33 PM
I dunno, when I was trying to get a job during university I didn't once receive a phonecall saying I didn't get the job.
And I had a lot of job interviews...

I once got an email from a company I applied for saying my application didn't make the cut. That's the extent of people telling me I didn't get a job.
07-10-2014, 09:35 PM
(07-10-2014 09:33 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea I get why it's fucked up, I'm just asking if there was a particular reason why it was specifically mentioned that there were two suns and then later that there were three.

It just seems to me that maybe whatever you are reading is intentionally making things not match, ie: 2 suns v 3 suns. Because I don't see how someone could make such an obvious mistake unless it was intentional.

I'm telling you muffs, this author is a grade A idiot. Top of the charts. Example: "in walked Matus, the oldest of Tirus' sons. Reece always got along well with Matus because they were each the youngest of their siblings."

Main character - like MAIN character starts off the books with red hair. Later in the books she is admired for her natural blond locks.

Yea it's shit like that that makes me say it's intentional. I mean, how can you be that dumb?
I dunno, maybe I'm underestimating the stupidity of people again. I tend to do that a lot.
07-10-2014, 09:41 PM
(07-10-2014 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:33 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm telling you muffs, this author is a grade A idiot. Top of the charts. Example: "in walked Matus, the oldest of Tirus' sons. Reece always got along well with Matus because they were each the youngest of their siblings."

Yea it's shit like that that makes me say it's intentional. I mean, how can you be that dumb?
I dunno, maybe I'm underestimating the stupidity of people again. I tend to do that a lot.

The only way it's intentional, is if someone set out to write the worst books ever written. Don't underestimate stupid muffs, you're gunna have a bad time Wink

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
08-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Is it just me or does the Intimacy and Relationships subforum always seem to have threads about masturbation being discussed at the top of the page? I don't have access so I can't see what is being discussed but you guys seriously need to talk about other things... diversity people.. diversity...

Also, has anyone seen my little fuel can and lighter? I got a business to bur- I mean I have a lawnmower that needs refilling.... >> << >>
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-10-2014, 05:18 AM
(08-10-2014 05:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is it just me or does the Intimacy and Relationships subforum always seem to have threads about masturbation being discussed at the top of the page? I don't have access so I can't see what is being discussed but you guys seriously need to talk about other things... diversity people.. diversity...

Also, has anyone seen my little fuel can and lighter? I got a business to bur- I mean I have a lawnmower that needs refilling.... >> << >>

Huh? Is that thread in I&R? How come I can see it? Since nobody believes me when I say I'm nearly 30 I'm not allowed in there... Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Oh my bad, I just assumed it was in I&R, I never go into the health section.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-10-2014, 06:48 AM
(07-10-2014 07:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The world the books are set in have two suns. Ok, I'm cool with that, whatevs. Main character goes on a long journey to find his mother. He's in a land farther away from home than he's ever been... And this area of the world has THREE FUCKING SUNS!!!

If the third "sun" was a nearby star that was directly above the orbital plane then I can see how it could be visible only from the northern hemisphere, or vice-versa.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP