Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-10-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Ranting corner
People down the road have a coon hound, pretty dog, notoriously likes to chase and run. That's a breed thing. The owners are stupid.

They have an unfenced yard and use one those shock collar dealies to keep the dog inside the confines of the yard while they're at work or doing whatever it is they do (at night I assume they are sleeping).

Each day and night the dog bolts across the street, chasing whatever it sees. It's fucking beyond stupid these people rely on an invisible fence that are most effective with some sort of supervision.

The dog isn't socialized, trained or anything it just runs around the forest barking/baying as it runs.

If you try to approach it, it just runs away thinking it's a wonderful game.

Yes, it's already been by a car at least a few times that I know of. It was once chasing a truck and the truck stopped and the dog ran into the back of the truck, knocking itself out. After a minute the dog woke, and ambled back to their own yard. That's happened I think two times that I've heard about (the second time was totally on purpose too because the guy driving is sick of the dog chasing his car). It seems to chase white cars and trucks...Not sure why, except the white truck often carries his extremely well trained golden retriever in the back of the truck or rather used to.

I know it was also hit another time that was much worse.

It's amazing to me how long these people would allow this to go on...It's been YEARS.

Every time I see it running behind my house I think to myself, maybe it will just keep running and never return or get found by someone far away who keeps it and gives it a better home. A better more responsible home.

Why would anyone living in a small house, with little yard on a busy street even consider getting a breed like that to begin with and then ONLY to rely on the invisible fence to keep it secure?
Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-10-2014, 10:15 AM
(08-10-2014 09:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why would anyone living in a small house, with little yard on a busy street even consider getting a breed like that to begin with and then ONLY to rely on the invisible fence to keep it secure?
Facepalm

Irremediable ignorance? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Quote: It was once chasing a truck and the truck stopped and the dog ran into the back of the truck, knocking itself out.

I lol'd.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-10-2014, 02:34 PM
(08-10-2014 02:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: It was once chasing a truck and the truck stopped and the dog ran into the back of the truck, knocking itself out.

I lol'd.

Honestly, so did I.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-10-2014, 04:26 PM
So ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. got the job...

[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
(08-10-2014 04:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. got the job...

[Image: applause.gif]

Awesome news! Love ya Muffsybooboo! Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-10-2014, 04:38 PM
(08-10-2014 04:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. got the job...

[Image: pat_of_butter-550x455.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Seeeeee? All the worrying for nothing. Way to go, muffs!!! One step closer to world domination Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
08-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Oh, and pics or it didn't happen! Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Yea yea yea, no big deal, whateva.