Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-10-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
So, despite the fact that my regular hours will be 5pm - 1am, they have me up this morning at the unquestionably ungodly hour of 4am to start my introduction day at 5am.

I mean wtf even is that? I didn't even know 5am existed until now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 09:16 AM
(13-10-2014 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, despite the fact that my regular hours will be 5pm - 1am, they have me up this morning at the unquestionably ungodly hour of 4am to start my introduction day at 5am.

Yes you did, surely there have been times when you were still awake at 5 am. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-10-2014, 09:18 AM
(13-10-2014 09:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, despite the fact that my regular hours will be 5pm - 1am, they have me up this morning at the unquestionably ungodly hour of 4am to start my introduction day at 5am.

Yes you did, surely there have been times when you were still awake at 5 am. Dodgy

yea... Big Grin
But technically that would then still be at night, 5am as a night time concept is fine. Not so fine as a morning concept.
13-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Good luck on your first day Muffs!

Let us know how things go - in a rant, of course.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I shall Anj, I shall.

Good luck on... not.. dying.. Big Grin
13-10-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm back from my first day of work!
13-10-2014, 10:24 AM
(13-10-2014 10:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm back from my first day of work!
DAY?

13-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Yea... even though the email specifically said 5 AM TWICE!!! I'm pretty sure he meant 5pm...
The place was all locked up, nobody in sight and town as a whole was so dead that in the span of half an hour only 2 cars drove through a major intersection I was waiting at, and one of those was a tiny street sweeper thing so it only counts as half a car.

Needless to say my boss is getting a phonecall at 8am (when the store opens) asking wtf.

I mean wtf even is that? I mean how do you... there are little worlds.
13-10-2014, 02:10 PM
OH and my bike broke, the left pedal fell off. Just.. fell off... whilst I was riding it and everything...
So.. fun times in the Muffs household right now.
13-10-2014, 02:16 PM
(13-10-2014 10:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea... even though the email specifically said 5 AM TWICE!!! I'm pretty sure he meant 5pm...
The place was all locked up, nobody in sight and town as a whole was so dead that in the span of half an hour only 2 cars drove through a major intersection I was waiting at, and one of those was a tiny street sweeper thing so it only counts as half a car.

Needless to say my boss is getting a phonecall at 8am (when the store opens) asking wtf.

I mean wtf even is that? I mean how do you... there are little worlds.

As I understand it, many shops tend to open for employees a few hours before actually opening so that set-up can be done.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.