Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-10-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-10-2014 06:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I don't want this to sound as if I think I'm more knowledgeable than my mom, because I'm obviously still somewhat of a kid and she's a full grown woman, but sometimes I literally feel like I'm talking to a retarded, rude brick wall.

Tonight we had visitors over. I asked my mom for a ONE DOLLAR BILL because I needed to print homework at my college Thursday (she knows I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and she said she had three but she couldn't give me any because they were for gas. She didn't mention "Oh not tonight but I can give you money tomorrow" (which she said later in the conversation) but called me selfish because I needed money to print my homework and assumed I expected it TONIGHT when she knew I didn't have class anyways until Thursday.

Later, she was talking about how she was annoyed that the lowest bill you could pull from an atm was a 20. I responded and told her that you could pull 10's and use the "request multiples of" button to get 5's. She got really snappy and was like "it's because you have a different card/account." Um no? We both have checking accounts at the same fucking bank. We're both using the same atm. I pull fives and tens all the time to pay for local shows and to give my friends gas money. I've never had to pull a 20.

After that topic, my mom had mentioned how she and my sister weren't going to go to the local fair we have, and that she would let me and my friend go instead (it was originally going to be the four of us but she recently bought a flatscreen for my uncle because he's a deadbeat and needed money to pay tickets) I insisted that my mom and little sister go because I've been to fairs and six flags plenty of times, and my friend has been to the fair as well. My mom hasn't been to any form of amusement park since I was little, and my little sister has never been to anything even similar to that of a fair in her entire life. My mom didn't even seem to care and sort of shouldered what I said off.

I started talking to one of our visitors about the fairs and how young and small kids can usually be (my sister is 11 but weighs only 50lbs and is really small) and my mom responds to me "Amber, why are you still talking?" Like? I was fucking having a conversation with one of our visitors?

Basically my mom is rude as fuck, not very bright sometimes, and yelled at me over dumb shit in front of our visitors. Plus, she called me selfish when I needed ONE DOLLAR TO PRINT MY COLLEGE HOMEWORK AND THEN INSISTED SHE TAKE MINE AND MY FRIEND'S FAIR MONEY TO PAY FOR HER AND MY SISTER.

Hug

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
14-10-2014, 06:52 PM
(14-10-2014 06:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I don't want this to sound as if I think I'm more knowledgeable than my mom, because I'm obviously still somewhat of a kid and she's a full grown woman, but sometimes I literally feel like I'm talking to a retarded, rude brick wall.

Tonight we had visitors over. I asked my mom for a ONE DOLLAR BILL because I needed to print homework at my college Thursday (she knows I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and she said she had three but she couldn't give me any because they were for gas. She didn't mention "Oh not tonight but I can give you money tomorrow" (which she said later in the conversation) but called me selfish because I needed money to print my homework and assumed I expected it TONIGHT when she knew I didn't have class anyways until Thursday.

Later, she was talking about how she was annoyed that the lowest bill you could pull from an atm was a 20. I responded and told her that you could pull 10's and use the "request multiples of" button to get 5's. She got really snappy and was like "it's because you have a different card/account." Um no? We both have checking accounts at the same fucking bank. We're both using the same atm. I pull fives and tens all the time to pay for local shows and to give my friends gas money. I've never had to pull a 20.

After that topic, my mom had mentioned how she and my sister weren't going to go to the local fair we have, and that she would let me and my friend go instead (it was originally going to be the four of us but she recently bought a flatscreen for my uncle because he's a deadbeat and needed money to pay tickets) I insisted that my mom and little sister go because I've been to fairs and six flags plenty of times, and my friend has been to the fair as well. My mom hasn't been to any form of amusement park since I was little, and my little sister has never been to anything even similar to that of a fair in her entire life. My mom didn't even seem to care and sort of shouldered what I said off.

I started talking to one of our visitors about the fairs and how young and small kids can usually be (my sister is 11 but weighs only 50lbs and is really small) and my mom responds to me "Amber, why are you still talking?" Like? I was fucking having a conversation with one of our visitors?

Basically my mom is rude as fuck, not very bright sometimes, and yelled at me over dumb shit in front of our visitors. Plus, she called me selfish when I needed ONE DOLLAR TO PRINT MY COLLEGE HOMEWORK AND THEN INSISTED SHE TAKE MINE AND MY FRIEND'S FAIR MONEY TO PAY FOR HER AND MY SISTER.

Well that's some bullshit right there; that shit ain't right.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-10-2014, 06:54 PM

At this point I doubt there is anything you can do to change your mother. But you are learning from her what not to do.

Hang in there - you won't be living under her roof forever. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-10-2014, 03:58 AM

Bitches be cray cray.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-10-2014, 08:02 AM
FUCK. UPLAY.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
15-10-2014, 01:50 PM
(15-10-2014 08:02 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  FUCK. UPLAY.

You mad?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-10-2014, 04:10 PM
I hate having to be the mean mommy.

Why haven't children evolved to have a 'clean up after yourself' gene Angry

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-10-2014, 04:33 PM
(15-10-2014 04:10 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I hate having to be the mean mommy.

They did, it just doesn't come into effect until they too become parents.
It's call the "do as I say or it's the naughty corner with you" gene.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-10-2014, 04:39 PM
(15-10-2014 04:10 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I hate having to be the mean mommy.

Because the parents let the messy ones survive to later reproduce. Dilutes the gene pool, it does. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Why do some people have to make political pronouncements out of the blue in the middle of a perfectly civilized dinner?

Everything is going well, folks having a pleasant time, then BAM! From the head of the table I hear "I'm a blankety blank and I think the other side is crippling our country, when I was younger things were much better blah blah blah" and this person has no fucking clue about what I think or what my political views are. So now I can stay quiet and in so doing appear to agree OR I can point out the fallacies of their position. I had to do the latter.

That's how you ruin a perfectly good evening.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce