Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-10-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
When you're caught in a lie and there is literally no way out of it, why continue to lie? Like fucking come on now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 11:03 PM
(18-10-2014 10:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When you're caught in a lie and there is literally no way out of it, why continue to lie? Like fucking come on now.

Because some people just suck ass.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-10-2014, 11:06 PM
(18-10-2014 11:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 10:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When you're caught in a lie and there is literally no way out of it, why continue to lie? Like fucking come on now.

Because some people just suck ass.

Hug

You calling me a liar? Angry

Tongue Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-10-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 02:45 PM by Free Thought.)
I am a fucking moron.

Of cause we all knew this, to be sure, but this just reaffirms it:

So, over the weekends I transition to my mother's house (mostly for the sole reason of easier internet availability, the pets and a feeling of obligation), I came back to my father's today and I brought everything I needed back with me, except for two items which are arguably two of the most necessary for my ability to function.

My Key ring, which holds my USB and the key to my locker at school. My USB contains all of my most up-to-date work, for which there are no other copies, because making copies takes time and I am sufficiently lazy to endlessly forget to do so. As a bonus, at school we are not allowed to carry bags around, at least in theory... I've seen girls carry handbags equal to if not twice the size of my backpack and go unmolested while boys carry backpacks far smaller and frequently get in trouble....

The other item was my iPod charger: yes, this one is trivial to everybody else, but it's important to me; my iPod is basically my lifeline when I'm outside my domain; keeps me hearing things I want to hear, rather than hearing things I don't and I also use it to 'medicate' the ringing in my ears and the associated discomfort.

Recap: I'm a damn moron; I managed to bring everything but two items I need for everyday life between my houses.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-10-2014, 12:41 PM
You know what fucking sucks? Being the goddamn third wheel. That blows. Especially when those around you talk about your lack of a romantic life right in front of you because you're either drunk, and they don't think I'll remember, or they're too drunk to care about my feelings. I went to this party because I was going to support Duncan, my best friend, who was going through some relationship problems (and it was some very serious problems that needed to be addressed), and I was to stop him from drinking any alcohol (which I more or less succeeded by drinking the ones handed to him).

However, little did I know that there everyone else sans one person and I brought their girlfriends. And they expected me to just be cool with me watching them drunkenly make out and not having the ability to contribute to their conversations because I do not have a lady friend that could attend the party. So, when I detached myself from the situation, went by the fire, put on some classical and drank alone, they thought I WAS the inconsiderate one. The one who wouldn't hang out with them because I was too good for them or something. Or at least that's what I gathered from their hushed whispers as I left them.

"What's up with him, doesn't he have anybody?"

"He is a little strange. His romantic life is complicated..." This is coming from one of the best friends... WHILE HE WAS SOBER.

So I don't enjoy being the odd man out, being the one that has to watch others have a good time doing what I wish I could be doing. So I leave and allow my mind to wonder as it pleases whilst listening to the most heart-breakingly beautiful rendition of 'Moonlight Sonata' gazing at the stars, basking in the heat of an under appreciated fire that burned, for the majority of its time, in loneliness.

Maybe it is just poor old not all-together there Steve that is in the wrong. Maybe it's perfectly alright to talk about another person's lack of a relationship in front of them whilst face-sucking on a girl they said NOT TWO HOURS BEFORE-HAND that they were fundamentally incompatible. That night was really good, and really bad. And it all stemmed from me being that guy that must always, always try to look after the best friend.

And speaking of a best friend being a total fucking hypocrite? His girlfriends actions were deplorable that night. She wouldn't accept the fact that he didn't want to drink. She constantly kept shoving it into his face, and even after she heard the 'no.' She even tried to trick him by putting the alcohol into her mouth and trying to 'make out' with him, and forcing him to drink it that way. If this wasn't alcohol, and the roles were reversed, no one would find that funny at all. I certainly didn't. But even after this, he wouldn't stop making out with her. He told me point blank 'I don't want to lead her on, and waste my energy on something that's not going to last.' Well, it seems like you were wasting a whole lot of fucking energy last night, Duncan! I haven't been more uncomfortable in my life.
But then again, this was a night of fun, and he should be excused. It is his life, and I was pretty out of my mind that night.

Don't get my wrong, I don't mind being alone. I really don't. In fact, I liked it when it was just me by the fire, gazing up at the celestial after-images in wonder. It was peaceful, it was serene, and most of all I didn't feel left out. I knew that I too would be an after-image eventually to those I loved, and I would have one more thing in common with the stars that have influenced a great many people, and the wonderful, haunting, and beautiful composition that was more of a best friend that night than any living breathing person was.

Oh fuck it, I'm still probably out of it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
19-10-2014, 01:21 PM
(19-10-2014 12:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You know what fucking sucks? Being the goddamn third wheel. That blows. Especially when those around you talk about your lack of a romantic life right in front of you because you're either drunk, and they don't think I'll remember, or they're too drunk to care about my feelings. I went to this party because I was going to support Duncan, my best friend, who was going through some relationship problems (and it was some very serious problems that needed to be addressed), and I was to stop him from drinking any alcohol (which I more or less succeeded by drinking the ones handed to him).

However, little did I know that there everyone else sans one person and I brought their girlfriends. And they expected me to just be cool with me watching them drunkenly make out and not having the ability to contribute to their conversations because I do not have a lady friend that could attend the party. So, when I detached myself from the situation, went by the fire, put on some classical and drank alone, they thought I WAS the inconsiderate one. The one who wouldn't hang out with them because I was too good for them or something. Or at least that's what I gathered from their hushed whispers as I left them.

"He is a little strange. His romantic life is complicated..." This is coming from one of the best friends... WHILE HE WAS SOBER.

So I don't enjoy being the odd man out, being the one that has to watch others have a good time doing what I wish I could be doing. So I leave and allow my mind to wonder as it pleases whilst listening to the most heart-breakingly beautiful rendition of 'Moonlight Sonata' gazing at the stars, basking in the heat of an under appreciated fire that burned, for the majority of its time, in loneliness.

Maybe it is just poor old not all-together there Steve that is in the wrong. Maybe it's perfectly alright to talk about another person's lack of a relationship in front of them whilst face-sucking on a girl they said NOT TWO HOURS BEFORE-HAND that they were fundamentally incompatible. That night was really good, and really bad. And it all stemmed from me being that guy that must always, always try to look after the best friend.

And speaking of a best friend being a total fucking hypocrite? His girlfriends actions were deplorable that night. She wouldn't accept the fact that he didn't want to drink. She constantly kept shoving it into his face, and even after she heard the 'no.' She even tried to trick him by putting the alcohol into her mouth and trying to 'make out' with him, and forcing him to drink it that way. If this wasn't alcohol, and the roles were reversed, no one would find that funny at all. I certainly didn't. But even after this, he wouldn't stop making out with her. He told me point blank 'I don't want to lead her on, and waste my energy on something that's not going to last.' Well, it seems like you were wasting a whole lot of fucking energy last night, Duncan! I haven't been more uncomfortable in my life.
But then again, this was a night of fun, and he should be excused. It is his life, and I was pretty out of my mind that night.

Don't get my wrong, I don't mind being alone. I really don't. In fact, I liked it when it was just me by the fire, gazing up at the celestial after-images in wonder. It was peaceful, it was serene, and most of all I didn't feel left out. I knew that I too would be an after-image eventually to those I loved, and I would have one more thing in common with the stars that have influenced a great many people, and the wonderful, haunting, and beautiful composition that was more of a best friend that night than any living breathing person was.

Try not to sweat it Ato Hug sounds like you're the one who's got it together in the love department. You aren't the one just settling for the drunk girl next to you because she's there. I'm sure when you find someone you want, you'll have someone. No need to defend yourself or your romantic choices to them. I'm really sorry it happened to be some of your closer friends saying this stuff. That really blows Undecided

Keep your head up. Sounds like you're doing just fine to me. Be you, and don't let anyone make you feel bad for it Heart Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
19-10-2014, 01:30 PM
(19-10-2014 06:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am a fucking moron.

So, over the weekends I transition to my mother's house (mostly for the sole reason of easier internet availability, the pets and a feeling of obligation), I came back to my father's today and I brought everything I needed back with me, except for two items which are arguably two of the most necessary for my ability to function.

My Key ring, which holds my USB and the key to my locker at school. My USB contains all of my most up-to-date work, for which there are no other copied, because making copies takes time and I am sufficiently lazy to endlessly forget to do so. As a bonus, at school we are not allowed to carry bags around, at least in theory... I've seen girls carry handbags equal to if not twice the size of my backpack and go unmolested which boys carry backpacks far smaller and frequently get in trouble....

The other item was my iPod charger; yes, this one is trivial to everybody else, but it's important to me; my iPod is basically my lifeline when I'm outside my domain; keeps me hearing things I want to hear, rather than hearing things I don't and I also use it to 'medicate' the ringing in my ears and the associated discomfort.

Recap: I'm a damn moron; I managed to bring everything but two items I need for everyday life between my houses.

I got nothing to say....except that doesn't make you a moron.

Absent minded perhaps.

Hug

19-10-2014, 01:32 PM
(19-10-2014 12:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You know what fucking sucks? Being the goddamn third wheel. That blows. Especially when those around you talk about your lack of a romantic life right in front of you because you're either drunk, and they don't think I'll remember, or they're too drunk to care about my feelings. I went to this party because I was going to support Duncan, my best friend, who was going through some relationship problems (and it was some very serious problems that needed to be addressed), and I was to stop him from drinking any alcohol (which I more or less succeeded by drinking the ones handed to him).

Hug And read again what smerc wrote, it's what I'd say.

19-10-2014, 02:09 PM

1. Be you.
  2. Watch the dumb shit your friends do.
  3. Don't do that dumb shit.
  4. Profit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-10-2014, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 03:19 PM by Free Thought.)
(19-10-2014 01:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 06:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am a fucking moron.

My Key ring, which holds my USB and the key to my locker at school. My USB contains all of my most up-to-date work, for which there are no other copied, because making copies takes time and I am sufficiently lazy to endlessly forget to do so. As a bonus, at school we are not allowed to carry bags around, at least in theory... I've seen girls carry handbags equal to if not twice the size of my backpack and go unmolested which boys carry backpacks far smaller and frequently get in trouble....

The other item was my iPod charger; yes, this one is trivial to everybody else, but it's important to me; my iPod is basically my lifeline when I'm outside my domain; keeps me hearing things I want to hear, rather than hearing things I don't and I also use it to 'medicate' the ringing in my ears and the associated discomfort.

I got nothing to say....except that doesn't make you a moron.

Absent minded perhaps.

Hug

Given the importance of the objects, and that I use them with great frequency (I use my USB every day), I think I qualify for stupid at least fro forgetting them.

But I'm not being to deny being absent minded, given some of my habits... Some times I get up and leave my domain into the common areas and I never remember why.

Edit: I'm off extra early to try and buy me a new iPod charger, hopefully it'll get me through the day.
Edit: Never mind; I managed to spill some water on my pasts, so now I can't skedaddle until they are dry... I'm going to be late again...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.