Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-10-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-10-2014 04:33 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Just found out my Mom has cancer.

Morons doing "Sacrament of the Sick" right next to me.

Want to punch them all so hard.

Sad Sorry.

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2014, 10:59 PM
(20-10-2014 10:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Sad Sorry.

Hug

Agreed. I'm sorry too, clever. Here's hoping for the best.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-10-2014, 06:39 AM
My feet are fucking killing me. Chop the fuckers off!
My flatmate would be so pissed if he knew where my feet were right now but what he doesn't know wont hurt his scrambled eggs.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-10-2014, 06:43 AM

Shocking I'm so sorry to hear that.

My own mother is a breast cancer survivor, so here's hoping for the best for your mom.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the condolences, guys. Blush

Quote:I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that things turn out well for her. PM me if you want to talk - been there, done that.

Hug

Thanks, having someone to talk to who won't bring up prayers sounds lovely. Shy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
21-10-2014, 02:49 PM
I hate people who are dumb enough to think they deserve answers to obviously rhetorical statements.

I'm quickly losing hope for humans.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-10-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2014 03:05 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(21-10-2014 02:32 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Thanks for the condolences, guys. Blush

Quote:I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that things turn out well for her. PM me if you want to talk - been there, done that.

Hug

Those platitudes annoy the crap out of me.

I'm sorry for your going through. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-10-2014, 02:54 PM
(21-10-2014 02:32 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Thanks for the condolences, guys. Blush
---

Have you researched her type of cancer/treatments with your Mom, Clever? She may need help making a few informed decisions.

Even if she is a "believer", you might want to help her steer clear of the hardcore believer crowd - she doesn't need that kind of stress while she is trying to make critical decisions.

Hug
Don't hesitate to blow off steam when possible ... and it might help your Mom to do the same. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I got my first pay check wooo! It's only pay for one day but it's means the money I have left after I pay my weekly bills is more than doubled. I'll actually be able to start saving! Am I using that word correctly? s-a-v-i-n-g? It's foreign to me so Im not sure.
Motherfucking steak for dinner tonight bitches! Fuck all ya'll, my rise to power begins!!
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
21-10-2014, 05:44 PM
(21-10-2014 02:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Those platitudes annoy the crap out of me.

I'm sorry for your going through. Hug

Yeah, I'm just kind of hoping for them to invite me to pray with them so I can kindly tell them no and hope it makes them back off, either out of manners or being ticked at me.

Thank you.

(21-10-2014 02:54 PM)kim Wrote:  Have you researched her type of cancer/treatments with your Mom, Clever? She may need help making a few informed decisions.

Even if she is a "believer", you might want to help her steer clear of the hardcore believer crowd - she doesn't need that kind of stress while she is trying to make critical decisions.

Hug
Don't hesitate to blow off steam when possible ... and it might help your Mom to do the same. Wink

If you don't mind I'm going to respond in a PM, just in case this goes on for a while (since it's off topic).

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.