Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-10-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Quote:If you don't mind I'm going to respond in a PM, just in case this goes on for a while (since it's off topic).

This is the splash splash thread, nothing is off topic.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Fuuuuuuk! The mechanic has had my commercial vehicle out of commission for at least a month and I learn today it may not actually need the part he ordered & is still waiting for on back order! I got a different mechanic telling me the spring may not have been broken just sprung & can be re-wound.
We have another mechanic for a while because apparently our regular guy was trying to do a similar thing to another truck last night and he cut the tip of his thumb off - nail & all.

Hmm.... Consider whom does one trust for correct info here - the guy who says he can fix it if he has another cable or the guy missing the tip of his thumb? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-10-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2014 08:06 PM by CleverUsername.)
So, this great thing happened. After all the conversations in here, and I started typing up my PM to Kim, we got a call, and it turns out the diagnoses was most likely wrong and she doesn't have cancer.

Naturally, this meant a lot of God thanking and miracle claiming, and I was expecting this and trying to just ignore it, but damn, it's just so obnoxious. Nothing even actually happened; the doctors assumed something a scanner showed was one thing when it was something else, and the second scan gave them a better perspective. That's God's miracle; he gave all of my family unnecessary panic attacks over a bad MRI (or whatever it's called, I've heard so many acronyms lately). Guy couldn't even get rid of all the health problems, cause what they thought was a cancerous tumor was actually a sign of two strokes.

And apparently, he now needs a saint's help to finish the job, cause these two old ladies (I assume they were nuns but it's hard to tell without the penguin suits), had to come in and rub Padre Pio's hat on my mother. And that is the most ridiculous sentence I've ever typed in my life, which is appropriate because it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen in my life.

Theists: No matter how much you read about them, it's always shocking to see them in action.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 6 users Like CleverUsername's post
22-10-2014, 06:28 PM
(21-10-2014 10:29 PM)kim Wrote:  Fuuuuuuk! The mechanic has had my commercial vehicle out of commission for at least a month and I learn today it may not actually need the part he ordered & is still waiting for on back order! I got a different mechanic telling me the spring may not have been broken just sprung & can be re-wound.
We have another mechanic for a while because apparently our regular guy was trying to do a similar thing to another truck last night and he cut the tip of his thumb off - nail & all.

Hmm.... Consider whom does one trust for correct info here - the guy who says he can fix it if he has another cable or the guy missing the tip of his thumb? Dodgy

UPS makes you responsible for the upkeep of their truck? Don't sound fair to me.

#sigh
22-10-2014, 08:51 PM
$379 tax refund whoop whoop. Talk about a good money week for Muffs...
Best money week I've had for the last 3 weeks.
Rich cunt.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Hi, new to the board, thanks for having me.
Rant start - I am completely frustrated with the comment, " america was built on religious principles" and when asked, Which ones? ..... no answer can be provided.
I can give an example, Jainism principles are ... or Wiccan values are... however, you cannot name one religious principle or value that has attributed to the founding of this country. A good conversation should be a path to information, not just a regurgitation of fallacy as fact with the end result of, now your mad at me because I asked you to think about your "statement" - Rant end

My apologies if I ran on.
If I am in the wrong place please move me. I would like to read other thoughts on similar matters.
23-10-2014, 01:48 PM
(22-10-2014 08:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  $379 tax refund whoop whoop. Talk about a good money week for Muffs...
Best money week I've had for the last 3 weeks.
Rich cunt.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
23-10-2014, 03:45 PM
(23-10-2014 10:07 AM)sera Wrote:  Hi, new to the board, thanks for having me.
Rant start - I am completely frustrated with the comment, " america was built on religious principles" and when asked, Which ones? ..... no answer can be provided.
I can give an example, Jainism principles are ... or Wiccan values are... however, you cannot name one religious principle or value that has attributed to the founding of this country. A good conversation should be a path to information, not just a regurgitation of fallacy as fact with the end result of, now your mad at me because I asked you to think about your "statement" - Rant end

My apologies if I ran on.
If I am in the wrong place please move me. I would like to read other thoughts on similar matters.

I sera! Welcome Big Grin

If you want to have a discussion on that topic, feel free to start a thread about it. Otherwise, this one is just for random bursts of ranting Wink

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Omfg -- over 6 months ago, my stylist up and quit...well moved to a new location.

I had an appointment scheduled for the following week...and she just left, so I had to scramble to find a new stylist.

Tonight, I get an email from her saying she moved and can't wait to see me at her new location. The same location I googled that she MOVED to six months ago.

Fuck you bitch.

Oh wow I feel so much better now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-10-2014, 08:43 PM
(23-10-2014 07:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omfg -- over 6 months ago, my stylist up and quit...well moved to a new location.

I had an appointment scheduled for the following week...and she just left, so I had to scramble to find a new stylist.

Tonight, I get an email from her saying she moved and can't wait to see me at her new location. The same location I googled that she MOVED to six months ago.

Fuck you bitch.

Oh wow I feel so much better now.

Oh my god, Moms you are great. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post