Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-10-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-10-2014 07:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I had an appointment scheduled for the following week...and she just left, so I had to scramble to find a new stylist.

I've never had a problem with my stylist's availability.

[Image: hair.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-10-2014, 09:15 PM
My work email a few weeks ago had my holiday work days listed as Thanksgiving and New Years Eve, not Christmas.

I go to my schedule to sign up for November and December and notice I'm scheduled for the ENTIRE FUCKING WEEKEND of Thanksgiving. I'm also scheduled for December 23 and 24 - On night shift. Meaning Christmas Eve morning and Christmas morning I will still be at work until AT LEAST 0715. Then it's still a 2+ hour drive home after working all night - not feasible.

I went to the supervisor that handles scheduling today and her list had me for thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. This blows ass. I had to work both last year.

The only Christmas I've had off since I became a nurse was 2 years ago - and my husband was on call. He got called out as our son was opening his first Christmas gift. That was the closest I've been to having a Christmas with my husband since we got married 8 years ago.

Christmas on the 23rd or January 3rd(when my husband and I did ours last year thanks to conflicting work schedules) is not the same as Christmas on the 25th. My husband wasn't even paid extra for it - it's just considered "banked holiday" that can be used at a later date like vacation pay. Our son is finally old enough to understand the calendar and will know that we are celebrating on the wrong day - that or I miss it altogether Sadcryface.

I ought to be paid time and a half or double time for this shit. Fuck $4 an hour extra. An entire holiday shift of extra pay will buy me one MAC lipstick and MAYBE an eyeshadow.

I'd rather get fisted by a man with big hands.

Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
23-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Nope. I won't be able to buy both a lipstick and an eyeshadow with that pay. Total bullshit.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
23-10-2014, 09:20 PM
(23-10-2014 09:19 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nope. I won't be able to buy both a lipstick and an eyeshadow with that pay. Total bullshit.

As long as you can buy food, nothing else is important.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-10-2014, 09:26 PM
(23-10-2014 09:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 09:19 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nope. I won't be able to buy both a lipstick and an eyeshadow with that pay. Total bullshit.

As long as you can buy food, nothing else is important.

Wrong. If I'm working for food and nothing else, I'll go bag groceries. A lot less responsibility and stress, and I'd get to sit down at the dinner table with my family on holidays.

Missing important events should come with compensation. $48 is not compensation. That buys a family dinner at Cracker Barrel.

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-10-2014, 09:27 PM
(23-10-2014 09:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 09:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  As long as you can buy food, nothing else is important.

Wrong. If I'm working for food and nothing else, I'll go bag groceries. A lot less responsibility and stress, and I'd get to sit down at the dinner table with my family on holidays.

Missing important events should come with compensation. $48 is not compensation. That buys a family dinner at Cracker Barrel.

Oh, never said you should not go and find a way to get your christmas back.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-10-2014, 09:36 PM
At first very fast glance I really thought that was something else Girly Shy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Here's me. About to wade in and deal with problems that aren't my own. People are lucky I am so loyal.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-10-2014, 04:00 PM
(24-10-2014 02:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Here's me. About to wade in and deal with problems that aren't my own. People are lucky I am so loyal.

That's what friends do. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-10-2014, 04:17 PM
(24-10-2014 04:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 02:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Here's me. About to wade in and deal with problems that aren't my own. People are lucky I am so loyal.

That's what friends do. Thumbsup

And busybodies. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user