Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-09-2012, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 07:13 AM by Ferdinand.)
RE: Ranting corner
The looks I receive from other students in class when they see I'm on a site called "The Thinking Atheist." Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 07:09 AM
(18-09-2012 07:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The looks I receive from other students in class when they see I'm one a site called "The Thinking Atheist." Dodgy

I used to get the same looks from my Mother. I think she's come to terms with it now though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-09-2012, 07:15 PM
(18-09-2012 05:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Earmuffs. New senior partner at Snivel, Quibble, and Gripe. Big Grin

#1 ranting firm in the world.

You jelly?

[Image: oscar.png]
19-09-2012, 11:17 AM
(18-09-2012 07:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The looks I receive from other students in class when they see I'm on a site called "The Thinking Atheist." Dodgy

People look at me and are like "You are atheist?!" and I'm just like "No, fuck off."
I actually had a teacher tell me to "find a more appropriate website to get on."
Sounds a little butthurt, huh?

I love the site and hate the class, so they'll get over it. Tongue

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like legendoflink's post
19-09-2012, 11:34 AM
(18-09-2012 07:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-09-2012 05:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Earmuffs. New senior partner at Snivel, Quibble, and Gripe. Big Grin

#1 ranting firm in the world.

You jelly?

Mmmyes, haven't you heard? All shall know his furry little ass. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
20-09-2012, 03:20 AM
(18-09-2012 07:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The looks I receive from other students in class when they see I'm on a site called "The Thinking Atheist." Dodgy

Big Grin

I have a strange luck that people in my work place are not that good with English, so they do not get the TTA headline. I also try to hide it by scrolling. If they knew I was an atheist... There is just no way for me to explain any of this "atheism" to hillbilly-deluxe Christians that work with me, they simple would not understand the concept of "not believing in God?!?". So I just pretend to be one of them, one of them, one of them...

Evil_monster

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
20-09-2012, 08:05 AM
So it's 2am (time got away from me whilst play Mount and Blade) and Im thinking, now what movie should I watch? when it hits, fuck I have an assignment due today. Due in the morning too which is a pain in the ass... (if it was due by 6pm like normal assignments there wouldn't be an issue but it's due 11am and I don't even know what the assignments about.)

Meh, it's ECON140, easiest topic ever. Plus it's only 6% so how bad can it be?

20-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:Consider a basic duopoly situation (without entry, etc). Consider two games; one where both firms choose their outputs simultaneously, and the other where Firm 1 chooses – and announces – their output before Firm 2.
The intuition is that the first mover will have an advantage; the profit of Firm 1 will be larger in the second game than the first.
The aim of this assignment is to explore this claim in two ways. First, by example. Second, by showing that, under certain fairly general conditions, Firm 1’s profit in the second game will always be higher than their profit in the first game.

Question 1: The example.
Each player has three possible output levels they could pick; low (3 units of output), medium (4 units of output), and high (6 units of output)
The market demand curve is given by p = 20 – (q1 + q2), where qi is the output of Firm i. The total cost of producing qi is given by TCi = 8∙qi, for i = 1, 2.

(i) When both Firms choose their outputs simultaneously, find the equilibrium for the game (the output of each firm, the market price, and the profit of each firm).
(ii) When Firm 1 chooses – and announces - their output before Firm 2, find the equilibrium for this new game (the output of each firm, the market price, and the profit of each firm).

Question 2: Game 2 yields Firm 1 a higher profit level.
Consider a duopoly in which the demand curve for the good is given by p = a – (q1 + q2), where qi is the output of Firm i, and TCi = c∙qi (for i = 1, 2).
Consider two games. In Game 1, both firms choose their outputs simultaneously. In Game 2, Firm 1 chooses – and announces – its output level before Firm 2.
Prove that, given a > c, the equilibrium in Game 2 implies Firm 1 will produce more output, and receive a strictly higher profit level, than the equilibrium in Game 1.

Yeah.. this means absolutely nothing to me...

I probably should have gone to lectures huh, oh well shit'll get done.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-09-2012, 08:08 AM
And my other brother is a fucking moron asshole fuck as well!
So he is a father now and he got me on facebook. So I was nice and social and asked how everyone is and blah. And I did what probably everyone did who knew of the new baby > "Do you have pictures already?"
So he is like "Yes, but not via internet. Give me your email address"
I am like, well maybe that was a typo and he wanted to write facebook, understandable. So I give him my mail address, right?
He sends me the pics of the baby via email (my email address is on gmail, therefore these pictures are now saved on FIVE google servers). So what happens with the pics now is out of my hands.
So after he tells me that he sent me the pics via email and not per internet (the fuck?) I am explaining ot him that email is internet and that these pics are now on the google servers. I also told him that if he wants I am going to explain him the facts or he can just read the google terms of use.
His asshole answer: "Let's not discuss this. Just don't spread the pictures on the internet. And after all I have a right on my own pictures! So let's not discuss (fight)!"
And there it is, my red button!
First he indirectly presumes that I will spread his baby's pic on the internet (the fuck?)
Second he presumes that I want to fight with him (the fuck?)
like...
1. noone but family and friends even WANTS to know his offspring
2. Even I wouldn't have asked for the pic if it was not the social way to be about this nowadays
3. Yes I understand that he is new to this whole baby thing and proud father and protective instincts etc... BUT he knows that I would never do anything to harm anyone!

So what I did was answer back, that first of all I am not fighting, that discussing and fighting are different things. I told him that it is up to him wether he wants to fill the gaps in his knowledge and I told him that the rights to his picture are only effective in Germany, not on a US-based internet company. I told him that he can take this explanation as a fight or as what it is > an explanation.

And no, I am not bursting out of nowhere, it was just the last drop missing to explode. He is an asshole and he choses that he does not want to learn new things. His way of live, not mine, but the fact that he always does this kind of thing PISSES ME OFF!!! I have just added him on facebook after no contact for the last 2 years. I was happy when I had no contact to my brothers, now they are back in my live and I am pissed again all the time.
So I blocked one of them already. If he keeps pissing me off with his half knowledge and trying to teach me, I am going to block him without a comment. Fuck him. Live in your stupid little bubble. Poor child! Sure he will love it but love is not enough... Whatever. I could continue ranting but I just wanted to vent...

feels good to vent.

Thanks for ignoring.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
20-09-2012, 08:23 AM
(20-09-2012 08:08 AM)Leela Wrote:  And my other brother is a fucking moron asshole fuck as well!
So he is a father now and he got me on facebook. So I was nice and social and asked how everyone is and blah. And I did what probably everyone did who knew of the new baby > "Do you have pictures already?"
So he is like "Yes, but not via internet. Give me your email address"
I am like, well maybe that was a typo and he wanted to write facebook, understandable. So I give him my mail address, right?
He sends me the pics of the baby via email (my email address is on gmail, therefore these pictures are now saved on FIVE google servers). So what happens with the pics now is out of my hands.
So after he tells me that he sent me the pics via email and not per internet (the fuck?) I am explaining ot him that email is internet and that these pics are now on the google servers. I also told him that if he wants I am going to explain him the facts or he can just read the google terms of use.
His asshole answer: "Let's not discuss this. Just don't spread the pictures on the internet. And after all I have a right on my own pictures! So let's not discuss (fight)!"
And there it is, my red button!
First he indirectly presumes that I will spread his baby's pic on the internet (the fuck?)
Second he presumes that I want to fight with him (the fuck?)
like...
1. noone but family and friends even WANTS to know his offspring
2. Even I wouldn't have asked for the pic if it was not the social way to be about this nowadays
3. Yes I understand that he is new to this whole baby thing and proud father and protective instincts etc... BUT he knows that I would never do anything to harm anyone!

So what I did was answer back, that first of all I am not fighting, that discussing and fighting are different things. I told him that it is up to him wether he wants to fill the gaps in his knowledge and I told him that the rights to his picture are only effective in Germany, not on a US-based internet company. I told him that he can take this explanation as a fight or as what it is > an explanation.

And no, I am not bursting out of nowhere, it was just the last drop missing to explode. He is an asshole and he choses that he does not want to learn new things. His way of live, not mine, but the fact that he always does this kind of thing PISSES ME OFF!!! I have just added him on facebook after no contact for the last 2 years. I was happy when I had no contact to my brothers, now they are back in my live and I am pissed again all the time.
So I blocked one of them already. If he keeps pissing me off with his half knowledge and trying to teach me, I am going to block him without a comment. Fuck him. Live in your stupid little bubble. Poor child! Sure he will love it but love is not enough... Whatever. I could continue ranting but I just wanted to vent...

feels good to vent.

Thanks for ignoring.

Some people are just batshit stupid.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post